****Joe Burrow Super Thread**** | Page 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Joe Burrow Super Thread****

Don't see it happening. From his Heisman speech, Burrow talked up his home town of Athens, Ohio. I doubt he would want to burn those people by pulling an Eli.

I see Burrow as a Bengal as a lock. Specially with all the Andy Dalton trade talk.

I agree that Burrow won't do that. He just doesn't seem like the type of guy. He'll go where he's drafted and try to make that team better imo.

First of all, the situation in 2020 is much, much different than it was in 1975 when Bartkowski was drafted. If Burrow is drafted by the Bengals, he signs a 4/5 year contract and then he’s free to play anywhere or nowhere. When Bartkowski was drafted by Atlanta, it meant that he was, essentially, spending the rest of his career there. That’s why free agency is so important.

Second, this is the kind of thinking that will eventually scrap the draft in its entirety. Why should only the top-rated QB get to dictate terms to the teams? Why shouldn’t every player get to make that decision? What if player X doesn’t want to play for Miami, or Detroit, or Washington? Shouldn’t they then have the right to refuse as well?

I wouldn't blame him. Cincy is a dumpster fire. Look at who they hired as HC. Not even Joe Burrow has enough talent to get that team back in the playoffs with that staff. Joe Anarumo as DC, Brian Callahan as OC and Jim Turner as OL coach.

Their best players are getting old. They won't pay for FA's...not even their own. Burrow had better receivers in college than he will have there after AJ leaves.

His first 4 or 5 years may just be a waste.

Burrow has come out and said that he holds leverage so it does sound like there are people getting in his ear about the Bengals

Burrow does seem like that type to me. He comes across as extremely ****y/douchey in his interviews.

Edit: Lol. ****y.

To me, it's certainly seems as unsportsmanlike. If you get drafted by a team, you should be grateful and give optimal effort. I would.

But superseding the above, I'm all for anything that gives the player power. The majority of players save for those few superstars, have the power to sit out or dictate their own careers. And this is their lives, gentlemen. Possible CTE, possible career ending injury, possible loss of quality of life in the late years...

The average NFL career is 3.3 years. You've got to look out for #1. Burrow is in a position of power and I'm not going to judge him if he wants to dictate the course of his life even if it's a move I would never make.

I would offer Cincinnati our 5th pick and Xavier Howard and Josh Rosen

There’s just as many if not more Pittsburgh fans where burrow is from. I went to school there and know the area extremely well. It’s home to some of the best deer hunting in southern Ohio, Athens and hocking county. - it’s not exactly bengal country where he’s from. He’s just as close to Cleveland as he is Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh is just as close

burrow keeping his strides from Cincinnati wouldn’t be that crazy, he’s not from the Cincinnati area or bengal country

I think Burrow is well on his way to pulling a Elway/Eli Manning....Burrow is my QB1....Herbert QB2 because Tua is made of Glass!
Literally the only reason to even bring up Tua's name in your post, which had absolutely nothing to do with what you quoted, is to troll.

You need to get better at making it more subtle so other people might give a **** what you post.

Back
Top Bottom