****Joe Burrow Super Thread**** | Page 40 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Joe Burrow Super Thread****

Not a better scrambler - why do you want to scramble if you can get the ball out?

I prefer a Qb who senses the rush steps up and finds the right target - I don’t see a long career for QBs relying on their athleticism in college matching up with the pros

As far as arm strength no contest even in the championship game Joe under-threw his WR so brutally the WR adjusted came back to the ball 7-10 yards

Good luck with that in the nfl especially when you don’t get to reset your feet

I put Tua one and Herbert a distant 2 but I am not a fan of any QB in this class past Tua

I don’t select a QB just because clearly we have Fitz and Rosen so we can roll from there

From PFF:

"ARM STRENGTH
This is the one trait that will get picked apart by evaluators all spring. Tagovailoa’s arm strength is on the low end for NFL standards and can only get worse with his hip injury robbing him of some torque in his lower half. He’s had one pass his entire college career travel 50-plus yards downfield. That throw, shown below, was an interception against LSU in 2018 and looked as if it was everything Tagovailoa had in the tank.

TagovailoaDeepest.gif

From release to landing spot is still comfortably under 60 yards on that throw. There are quarterbacks with weaker arms starting in the league, but we’d be lying if we said it wasn’t a concern."

How about stats under pressure:

Tua Under Pressure:
24 – 58 41% 352 yards 5 TDs 3 INTs

Burrow Under Pressure:
83 – 122 68% 1,305 yards 14 TDs 1 INT

What are your thoughts on Tua's injury history?

Last edited:
From PFF:

ARM STRENGTH
This is the one trait that will get picked apart by evaluators all spring. Tagovailoa’s arm strength is on the low end for NFL standards and can only get worse with his hip injury robbing him of some torque in his lower half. He’s had one pass his entire college career travel 50-plus yards downfield. That throw, shown below, was an interception against LSU in 2018 and looked as if it was everything Tagovailoa had in the tank.

TagovailoaDeepest.gif

From release to landing spot is still comfortably under 60 yards on that throw. There are quarterbacks with weaker arms starting in the league, but we’d be lying if we said it wasn’t a concern.

“I’ve never seen, besides Dan Marino and Aaron Rodgers to this day, (anyone) throw a ball better than Tua," Dilfer said. “He checks all the other intangible boxes. He has a thick body, thick joints.”

A typically awful analysis by PFF...what's new?

“I’ve never seen, besides Dan Marino and Aaron Rodgers to this day, (anyone) throw a ball better than Tua," Dilfer said. “He checks all the other intangible boxes. He has a thick body, thick joints.”

A typically awful analysis by PFF...what's new?

Tua trained with Dilfer and those quotes were prior to his injuries. Tua is a very good prospect, I'm a fan of his as a player and a person. Burrow is better IMHO.

So you would trade 5, 18, and numerous others for Burrow over Tua then?

So you would trade 5, 18, and numerous others for Burrow over Tua then?
It depends on the picks. I'm not in the camp that is willing to trade away whatever it takes to get Burrow. I'd be willing to trade some stuff to get him, but if the price were too high, I'd stand pat and take Tua or Herbert. If they're both gone by 5, I'm drafting Simmons or Brown or trading down a little and taking a tackle.

From PFF:

"ARM STRENGTH

TagovailoaDeepest.gif

From release to landing spot is still comfortably under 60 yards on that throw. There are quarterbacks with weaker arms starting in the league, but we’d be lying if we said it wasn’t a concern."

Tua Under Pressure:

Burrow Under Pressure:

Short history or long history?
One QB didn’t air it out at combine do you think Tua wouldn’t have thrown if he could?

catch ya in the average Joe thread in general nfl forum

We broke down this team , didn't bring back vet's, traded away pro bowl players so we'd have a chance to a QB. And now that we have that chance some people don't want to give up the picks... yet we only have the picks because that was our plan all along.

The only way they mess this up is by not getting the QB they want. Yet, that's what some of you want. It's really fascinating to watch/read it all.

From PFF:

"ARM STRENGTH

TagovailoaDeepest.gif

Tua Under Pressure:

Burrow Under Pressure:

Since Tua was the #1 overall QB recruit coming out of high school, do you honestly believe he didn't have at minimum average arm strength?

PFF is notoriously bad with QB evaluation.

I just want Tua or Burrow. If I had to Pick I'd rather have Tua without giving up draft picks so at the #5 spot. to get burrow, we know it would cost A LOT of draft capital.

PICK
Joe Burrow - QB

School: LSU | Year: Senior (RS)

PROJECTED TRADE WITH BENGALS. If there is any sense in Cincinnati that Burrow doesn't want to be a Bengal long-term, then the team should listen to offers. An NFL executive I consulted with felt that including all three of Miami's first-round picks in this deal would be too much, so I'm sending Cincy Pick Nos. 5 and 18, as well as second-round selections
Lance Zierlein latest mock on NFL Network.

We all started the season wanting Tua. We have a very good chance at getting him without giving up more assets. I'd stand pat.

Yeah..I see your point, ignore the multiple injuries and lack of durability...

Nobody started the 2018 college season wanting Kyler Murray either...I see your logic!

As wonderful as it would be to land Joe Burrow, i don't see it happening. Trading up to #1 would cost tremendously. This team has too many needs. We need to use all three of those first rounders, or at the very least, try to trade down with the steelers or texans picks and accumulate more draft capital to help build this team.

Ross and Grier have been preaching about sustainability and to me, it seems like trading up to #1 is the opposite.
I think you're right. What I want is to come out of the first round with three very good starters.

As wonderful as it would be to land Joe Burrow, i don't see it happening. Trading up to #1 would cost tremendously. This team has too many needs. We need to use all three of those first rounders, or at the very least, try to trade down with the steelers or texans picks and accumulate more draft capital to help build this team.

Ross and Grier have been preaching about sustainability and to me, it seems like trading up to #1 is the opposite.
I totally agree. UNLESS they are absolutely convinced that Burrow is the guy for the next ten years. I'm quite sure that they know more than we do.

I watched the guy play at a high level, high football IQ ball all season. Anticipation, tight window throws and back shoulder fades all year long. I would t sell the farm for him but if we lost like we should have with Rosen or Rosen emerged as a legit guy we wouldn’t have to. Instead, the idiot coach rode a 38 year old bum QB to 5 wins and a crappy pick.
Yeah, how dare out coach win games? Rosen, we don't know about, but it will be freezing day in hell when I root for Miami to lose.

Back
Top Bottom