****Joe Burrow Super Thread**** | Page 45 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Joe Burrow Super Thread****

I can’t help but watch this tape and get the feeling there’s a lot of scheme based production on it.

that and the arm strength just drives me batty. It’s just such a hard thing for me to come around on for tbe nfl.

in terms of translation.

I can’t help but watch this tape and get the feeling there’s a lot of scheme based production on it.

that and the arm strength just drives me batty. It’s just such a hard thing for me to come around on for tbe nfl.

in terms of translation.

It is interesting how so many people will say XYZ quarterback just threw a bunch of jump balls to talented receivers but fail to see how many times Jefferson and Chase just win the ball in the air versus the defensive back. He did show some elusiveness and athleticism ability to scramble around. But I just don’t see an elite arm the ability to drive through the ball and they ran a lot of mesh concepts That opened guys up.

I think he’s Tony Romo and many people will say Tony Romo was undrafted I didn’t have an it quality Because he never won a playoff game and burrow just want to national championship which I think has so little to do with an it quality when you’re team is so drastically better with talent. I think both years that LSU and Alabama have smoked Oklahoma it just shows that Oklahoma is not up to par they have an amazing coach that schemes incredibly well.

He definitely has the skill to play in the NFL I just don’t think he’s a clear-cut number one quarterback in the class, everybody has questions I don’t even think he has the fewest. he’s just riding the hype train and hasn’t released the single video or snippet or anything significant since the national championship game. I think he’s hiding; it’s a really smart business decision so I’m not saying it’s a bad move that he’s doing it I just would’ve never done it being a competitor I am.

It is interesting how so many people will say XYZ quarterback just threw a bunch of jump balls to talented receivers but fail to see how many times Jefferson and Chase just win the ball in the air versus the defensive back. He did show some elusiveness and athleticism ability to scramble around. But I just don’t see an elite arm the ability to drive through the ball and they ran a lot of mesh concepts That opened guys up.

I think he’s Tony Romo and many people will say Tony Romo was undrafted I didn’t have an it quality Because he never won a playoff game and burrow just want to national championship which I think has so little to do with an it quality when you’re team is so drastically better with talent. I think both years that LSU and Alabama have smoked Oklahoma it just shows that Oklahoma is not up to par they have an amazing coach that schemes incredibly well.

He definitely has the skill to play in the NFL I just don’t think he’s a clear-cut number one quarterback in the class, everybody has questions I don’t even think he has the fewest. he’s just riding the hype train and hasn’t released the single video or snippet or anything significant since the national championship game. I think he’s hiding; it’s a really smart business decision so I’m not saying it’s a bad move that he’s doing it I just would’ve never done it being a competitor I am.

I’m just not going to 1 and paying the price for it. There’s just too many questions with that arm and those college concepts.

in terms of the translation. The arm yeah maybe cause he’s doing it against sec but the entire offense is run inside of the hashes conceptually.

you gonna run an entire pro offense inside of the hashes to fit? And how long before nfl teams will catch up with it/limit it with inside leverage play of the cover players etc.

the slot player Jefferson has short area redirect quickness that provides easy separation on stuff underneath. And has acceleration that’s rare for the slot with the rac but damn they schemed open a lot

Last edited:

Nothing wrong with being Tony Romo. If that's who he ends up being, the Bengals should be thrilled.

Nothing wrong with being Tony Romo. If that's who he ends up being, the Bengals should be thrilled.

And I agree with blows my mind is when people who want him in Miami think that I’m cursing him to some life in football purgatory by giving that comp. It blows my mind that guys like Joel Klatt will say Tom Brady or Joe Montana I’m like yeah let’s compare a 24-year-old fifth year senior with one year of college production to the two greatest quarterbacks of all time

idk the more time passes for me the more comfortable I am just outright believing tua is the best qb in the draft injury concern or not

i'd be excited to watch burrows because you could really have that lightning in a bottle coach's kid type of miracle play stuff that can win in big moments...but if you're counting on that as the ace up your sleeve then...well...

gimme the kid who makes the game look absolutely easy

You can the same thing about Tua.

One can argue that Tua just threw slant route and his WR's did the rest and against weaker opponents. Tua's worst game were against the best competition. Burrow completely dominated EVERYONE this past season. Burrow did throw a lot of jump ball passes, but thats because he recognized the one on one and knows his WR's abilities. I love that he attacks the defense and is aggressive.

Devante Parker had his best season this past year because he was healthy AND because Fitzpatrick wasn't afraid to throw it deep to him whether he was wide open or not.

I just dont see how Tua has any edge on Burrow at this point. They have a lot of similarities, similar attributes. I dont think there is anything that Tua does that is exceptionally better than Burrow and vice versa. Burrow is larger and Tua has been injured. I dont think hand size or one mediocre season at LSU is enough to move the needle for me.

You can the same thing about Tua.

One can argue that Tua just threw slant route and his WR's did the rest and against weaker opponents. Tua's worst game were against the best competition. Burrow completely dominated EVERYONE this past season. Burrow did throw a lot of jump ball passes, but thats because he recognized the one on one and knows his WR's abilities. I love that he attacks the defense and is aggressive.

Devante Parker had his best season this past year because he was healthy AND because Fitzpatrick wasn't afraid to throw it deep to him whether he was wide open or not.

I just dont see how Tua has any edge on Burrow at this point. They have a lot of similarities, similar attributes. I dont think there is anything that Tua does that is exceptionally better than Burrow and vice versa. Burrow is larger and Tua has been injured. I dont think hand size or one mediocre season at LSU is enough to move the needle for me.
Tua's arm strength is why he throws the slant so well and why it's almost indefensible. Does he have a Mahomes arm? No, but it's multiple factors better than Burrow's.

What do you think is the skill that holds up more consistently long term? Jump balls to WRs or immediate slants with surgical precision?

To say that Tua doesn't have any edge on Burrow is disingenuous at best.

Tua's arm strength is why he throws the slant so well and why it's almost indefensible. Does he have a Mahomes arm? No, but it's multiple factors better than Burrow's.

What do you think is the skill that holds up more consistently long term? Jump balls to WRs or immediate slants with surgical precision?

To say that Tua doesn't have any edge on Burrow is disingenuous at best.

You are wrong and the best QB Prospect RIGHT NOW will go #1 which will prove you are wrong.

r opponents. Tua's worst game were against the best competition. Burrow completely dominated EVERYONE this past season. Burrow did throw a lot of jump ball passes, but thats because he recognized the one on one and knows his WR's abilities. I love that he attacks the defense and is aggressive.

I just dont see how Tua has any edge on Burrow at this point. They have a lot of similarities, similar attributes. I dont think there is anything that Tua does that is exceptionally better than Burrow and vice versa. Burrow is larger and Tua has been injured. I dont think hand size or on

tua has better footwork, better ability to manipulate and read defensive coverages, better ball placement, and a slightly stronger arm

those are the ones i can think of pretty quickly...

now, this isn't to say that there aren't things Burrow can do better...i mean the way he scrambles around in & out the pocket is one of a kind

Ferraris are two seaters so only one super model for you

You are wrong and the best QB Prospect RIGHT NOW will go #1 which will prove you are wrong.
I am wrong about what, exactly? Burrow being the #1 QB prospect right now (of which I agree) doesn't mean that Tua doesn't have a stronger arm. You're getting all sorts of things twisted here.

Back
Top Bottom