****Joe Burrow Super Thread**** | Page 49 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Joe Burrow Super Thread****

Mike Brown may be terrible and cheap, but yet still more recent success than Miami, no matter how you spin it. You are really going to use the ONE single playoff win, that was actually 19 years ago as a reason? Burrow was still in diapers when that happened. Yeah, Green has been injured, but even him coming back at 80% himself, the Bengals have a better receiving core, and a proven RB. I will give you the Zac Taylor as I have no faith in him either, but would Burrow really judge him off of one season as head coach? Should we or Burrow have any more faith in Chan Gailey? Again, still not sure what the attraction would be for Burrow to push his way to Miami.

Success is relative especially if neither team is having post season success. You say they've had more "recent" success but their last playoff trip was 2015 and our last playoff trip was 2016. Either way almost 5 years ago is not recent in my book otherwise Lewis would still be the HC. I wouldn't say the playoff game in 2016vs the Steelers was recent. No we would judge him based of 1 season as a HC AND 1 season as an OC neither of which give anyone hope for the future. Also take away HC and the post season and the owner and all that and the attraction is where would you rather live and work as a young 23 year old millionaire...Miami or Cincinnati? Who has a better shot at become good sooner Miami and their 50 draft picks in the next 2 drafts or Cinci and their 14?

Success is relative especially if neither team is having post season success. You say they've had more "recent" success but their last playoff trip was 2015 and our last playoff trip was 2016. Either way almost 5 years ago is not recent in my book otherwise Lewis would still be the HC. I wouldn't say the playoff game in 2016vs the Steelers was recent. No we would judge him based of 1 season as a HC AND 1 season as an OC neither of which give anyone hope for the future. Also take away HC and the post season and the owner and all that and the attraction is where would you rather live and work as a young 23 year old millionaire...Miami or Cincinnati? Who has a better shot at become good sooner Miami and their 50 draft picks in the next 2 drafts or Cinci and their 14?
The answer is that neither team has had much success, and neither team has sniffed a super bowl in a long time. Draft picks are nice to have, but we have them because we traded away some of our better talents, you need talent to win. Draft picks are nice to have, but if you trade 4 first round picks for one player, you just lost a lot of your best opportunities to build. Draft picks are nice to have, but are never guaranteed, and this becomes even more true once you trade 4 of your 5 first round picks in this 2 year span. So, in any reality, there is truly no reason to favor either of these franchises over the other. Miami has draft picks and a better looking Coaching situation after 1 year, and Cincinnati has better current talent on offense to help and it is still home.

So, I have a question for all if the people that want Burrow to pull a Eli Manning, and not be drafted by Cincinnati.

Why in the heck would any player be so against playing in their own home state of Ohio, but be willing to play for a franchise that is not in his home state, and has been worse than Cincinnati? Cincinnati has had more recent success under Marvin Lewis than Miami has. Between the two franchises, it has been longer since Miami has been to a super bowl than the Bengals. Miami has a few good receivers, but with AJ Green coming back, the Bengals have a better group of receivers than Miami. The Bengals already HAVE a proven RB in Mixon, Miami HOPES to draft a good RB in the draft. None of our draft picks are guarantees either.

So, why would Burrow put his foot down, refuse to play in his home state, but be okay with Miami?

On Ohio being his home state...

I'd argue that it would actually add to why he wouldn't want to play there. He has witnessed all of those years of the Bengals sucking ***. In Ohio knows its all about the Buckeyes. The Bungals and the Browns have been a joke to them for decades. I bet he didn't like the Bengals growing up, and his lack of positive comments about their organization throughout this process suggest this is the case. You never hear him say anything positive about the team, he only mentions the proximity to his family when he is questioned about them.

Now on to those reasons you asked for:

1 - The Bengals owner is a cheap ass and isn't committed to winning. Ross has big pockets and will do whatever it takes to help his GM. There is no question he will pay Burrow when that veteran contract comes along as well. You can bet Burrow is thinking about that with his big ego...he expects to be the highest paid QB in the league in 5 years. He has no reason to worry with Ross.

2 - The Bengals staff will all likely be fired in a year or 2 and he knows that.

3 - He wants stability and Miami has it. Flores isn't going anywhere after leading our team to wins with arguably one of the worst rosters in NFL history. Flores has players talking, and they're excited to come play for him. You can bet Burrow has connections within the league that are talking to him about Flores and what's happening with the transformation of our team.

4 - He can see that our GM means business. He witnessed how we handled FA. That "like" wasn't a coincidence - he was sending a message. As for the talent we still currently lack...he sees our stockpile of picks. Even if we sell a bunch to get him, we'll have plenty this year and then next year we have 2 1st's and 2 2nd's. He knows he is going to be surrounded with YOUTHFUL talent that can grow with him. He knows these players will be selected with HIM in mind.

5 - We have a better division. The division is officially open again with the departure of Tom Brady. The Jets / Bills always suck. The time has come for Miami and the odds are a lot better than the Bungals beating out the Steelers/Ravens and a now-loaded-with-talent Browns team.

6 - He will have someone to learn from and emulate on the day-to-day in Fitzpatrick. Cincy has nobody if Dalton leaves. If Dalton doesn't leave...I don't imagine that'd be a good relationship, do you? Burrows said many times that he sees a veteran QB as a positive as he learns the ins and outs of the next level. Fitz would welcome him right in and mentor him.

7 - Miami offers the no tax incentives, a beautiful climate, and the environment where he can live it up. He apparently likes to party. I think his family would also love for him to be in Miami because it gives them a place to go to get the hell away from the COLD of Ohio.

8 - Miami is simply the bigger fish when you think like a business man. We are not only a bigger market...were a world beloved team because of our rich history. That = a lot more money in jersey/merchandise sales that he will get royalties from. Trust me...NFL players are thinking of this stuff. The lowly Bungals will not net him nearly the same level of money. Tom Brady makes over 2 million a year...this isn't small potatoes.

So those are my reasons. But never mind all that...just look at this video here.

This video was before he made the "leverage" comment and got subsequent coaching on how to handle the media questions. Its our best footage of breaking down what Burrow was truly thinking, and its very telling for those that know how to read non-verbal ques.

Watch from 8:05 - 9:15 and tell me this is a kid that wants to play for the Bengals.

To me, it couldn't be more obvious. I think he is being a class act, and I think he/his agent told the Bengals behind-the-scenes. If you're the Bengals...you don't want your "hometown" boy rejecting/embarrassing your franchise. The Bengals making the trade saves both of them face, and the Bengals will end up making a hefty profit off of this and still come away with a top QB prospect. I really think we make the trade up.

Oh, and Joe you were right - you can totally pull off our colors. burrow 1.jpg

Last edited:
I watched all of Burrows TD passes again yesterday. The guy is super accurate on throws around 30 yards. But......Almost every deep pass was underthrown and his WR came back and made.a play on the ball. In the NFL most of those woulda been intercepted. Pretty concerning to me honestly

Bingo

I watched all of Burrows TD passes again yesterday. The guy is super accurate on throws around 30 yards. But......Almost every deep pass was underthrown and his WR came back and made.a play on the ball. In the NFL most of those woulda been intercepted. Pretty concerning to me honestly
Props for going back to review and form your own opinion. Not many do that.
I've watched LSU full season twice now. And I completely agree with you. I actually posted live during his games as well. The number of times I said "well that pass would be intercepted by any competent DB" approached 100.

On Ohio being his home state...

I'd argue that it would actually add to why he wouldn't want to play there. He has witnessed all of those years of the Bengals sucking ***. In Ohio knows its all about the Buckeyes. The Bungals and the Browns have been a joke to them for decades. I bet he didn't like the Bengals growing up, and his lack of positive comments about their organization throughout this process suggest this is the case. You never hear him say anything positive about the team, he only mentions the proximity to his family when he is questioned about them.

Now on to those reasons you asked for:

1 - The Bengals owner is a cheap *** and isn't committed to winning. Ross has big pockets and will do whatever it takes to help his GM. There is no question he will pay Burrow when that veteran contract comes along as well. You can bet Burrow is thinking about that with his big ego...he expects to be the highest paid QB in the league in 5 years. He has no reason to worry with Ross.

2 - The Bengals staff will all likely be fired in a year or 2 and he knows that.

3 - He wants stability and Miami has it. Flores isn't going anywhere after leading our team to wins with arguably one of the worst rosters in NFL history. Flores has players talking, and they're excited to come play for him. You can bet Burrow has connections within the league that are talking to him about Flores and what's happening with the transformation of our team.

4 - He can see that our GM means business. He witnessed how we handled FA. That "like" wasn't a coincidence - he was sending a message. As for the talent we still currently lack...he sees our stockpile of picks. Even if we sell a bunch to get him, we'll have plenty this year and then next year we have 2 1st's and 2 2nd's. He knows he is going to be surrounded with YOUTHFUL talent that can grow with him. He knows these players will be selected with HIM in mind.

5 - We have a better division. The division is officially open again with the departure of Tom Brady. The Jets / Bills always suck. The time has come for Miami and the odds are a lot better than the Bungals beating out the Steelers/Ravens and a now-loaded-with-talent Browns team.

6 - He will have someone to learn from and emulate on the day-to-day in Fitzpatrick. Cincy has nobody if Dalton leaves. If Dalton doesn't leave...I don't imagine that'd be a good relationship, do you? Burrows said many times that he sees a veteran QB as a positive as he learns the ins and outs of the next level. Fitz would welcome him right in and mentor him.

7 - Miami offers the no tax incentives, a beautiful climate, and the environment where he can live it up. He apparently likes to party. I think his family would also love for him to be in Miami because it gives them a place to go to get the hell away from the COLD of Ohio.

8 - Miami is simply the bigger fish when you think like a business man. We are not only a bigger market...were a world beloved team because of our rich history. That = a lot more money in jersey/merchandise sales that he will get royalties from. Trust me...NFL players are thinking of this stuff. The lowly Bungals will not net him nearly the same level of money. Tom Brady makes over 2 million a year...this isn't small potatoes.

So those are my reasons. But never mind all that...just look at this video here.

This video was before he made the "leverage" comment and got subsequent coaching on how to handle the media questions. Its our best footage of breaking down what Burrow was truly thinking, and its very telling for those that know how to read non-verbal ques.

Watch from 8:05 - 9:15 and tell me this is a kid that wants to play for the Bengals.

To me, it couldn't be more obvious. I think he is being a class act, and I think he/his agent told the Bengals behind-the-scenes. If you're the Bengals...you don't want your "hometown" boy rejecting/embarrassing your franchise. The Bengals making the trade saves both of them face, and the Bengals will end up making a hefty profit off of this and still come away with a top QB prospect. I really think we make the trade up.

Oh, and Joe you were right - you can totally pull off our colors. View attachment 43780

You should create a cartoon strip

I watched isome LSU throws and I saw DB's in front of the play get back shouldered time after time...

Funny how things look when your glasses weren't cleaned with pachyderm tears....:cheers:

I watched isome LSU throws and I saw DB's in front of the play get back shouldered time after time...

Funny how things look when your glasses weren't cleaned with pachyderm tears....:cheers:

Kellen Mond sucks too. Couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat.

You should create a cartoon strip

Every time I see your name I read "Irrelevant" ...does that happen to anybody else?

Its pretty fitting because every single post you make is either worshiping Tua or assaulting anything that would even remotely threaten him in a Phins uniform. Like what kind of existence is that? You're so active on here...and all you do is harass people who aren't in your little cult?

I put a lot of effort into my post and you're a cancer in this forum. You're now on ignore.

Last edited:
Joe Burrow shouldn’t be crying about being drafted by the Bengals In his rook contract because he could have RELEASED Even a bit of footage of him throwing a ball to tantalize other teams to come up for him to numero 1 but he didn’t because he knows his arm doesn’t compare Against this draft class he also knows he Is going to get paid For last year anyways...

But please I don’t want to hear that he plays for a bad franchise when he controlled a big part of his destiny

Can’t play it both ways

Kellen Mond sucks too. Couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat.

Mond against the top 10 this past season:

LSU - 10/30 - 92 yds, 0 TD's, 3 INT's, 5 sacks

Clemson - 24/42 - 236 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, 2 sacks

Bama - 24/42 - 264 yds, 2 TD's, 0 INT's, 5 sacks

Auburn - 31/49 - 335 yds, 2 TD's, 0 INT's, 3 sacks

Georgia - 25/42 - 275 yds 1 TD, 0 INT, 3 sacks

Season totals: 61% completion, 20 TD's, 9 INT's...these numbers appear to clash with your position, unless you are referencing the late season LSU game where you prayed for him to upset the greatest team in SEC history to save a spot in the CFB playoffs for 'Bama and Matt Jones.

Back shoulder 5-7 yards under thrown really??

Let's see what you got. Out of 527 attempts...you're bound to have tape on about 2-300 hundred of those attempts.

I'll wait....

Mond against the top 10 this past season:

LSU - 10/30 - 92 yds, 0 TD's, 3 INT's, 5 sacks

Clemson - 24/42 - 236 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, 2 sacks

Bama - 24/42 - 264 yds, 2 TD's, 0 INT's, 5 sacks

Auburn - 31/49 - 335 yds, 2 TD's, 0 INT's, 3 sacks

Georgia - 25/42 - 275 yds 1 TD, 0 INT, 3 sacks

Season totals: 61% completion, 20 TD's, 9 INT's...these numbers appear to clash with your position, unless you are referencing the late season LSU game where you prayed for him to upset the greatest team in SEC history to save a spot in the CFB playoffs for 'Bama and Matt Jones.

You're a typical stat thumper that hasn't watched 5 plays of any of those games. He doesn't win because he leaves too many plays on the field missing wide open receivers.

He's a lot like Jalen Hurts. The only way he can hurt you is when he pulls it down and runs with it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom