****Joe Burrow Super Thread**** | Page 50 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Joe Burrow Super Thread****

Wait as long as you like
tenor.gif

You're a typical stat thumper that hasn't watched 5 plays of any of those games. He doesn't win because he leaves too many plays on the field missing wide open receivers.

He's a lot like Jalen Hurts. The only way he can hurt you is when he pulls it down and runs with it.

I watched the Bama game because I had Bama and the points (close call). I remember Mond playing decent when there wasn't a Bama defender flying at him full force.

The highlights I just watched confirmed that. He's not Burrow/Tua...or even Love (I like him). But dammit, I'm going to give Mond and Herbert a side by side comparison. If Herbert can be talked about as high as the 5th pick...Mond is good enough to "complete a pass".

I am impressed you can read the stat lines

I am not allowed to post anymore today - I didn’t pay for the privilege but if I could I would simply say that every game I watched Burrow behind C he had 2-3 balls where he under threw his WRs who knew in advance he has no arm strength they were used to coming back to the ball good luck with that in the NFL

I watched the Bama game because I had Bama and the points (close call). I remember Mond playing decent when there wasn't a Bama defender flying at him full force.

The highlights I just watched confirmed that. He's not Burrow/Tua...or even Love (I like him). But dammit, I'm going to give Mond and Herbert a side by side comparison. If Herbert can be talked about as high as the 5th pick...Mond is good enough to "complete a pass".

He's extremely physically talented. Arm talent and athleticism are superb. He was at IMG for a reason.

But his inaccuracy and lack of poise completely kill the positives with him. That's why he can't win.

So, I have a question for all if the people that want Burrow to pull a Eli Manning, and not be drafted by Cincinnati.

Why in the heck would any player be so against playing in their own home state of Ohio, but be willing to play for a franchise that is not in his home state, and has been worse than Cincinnati? Cincinnati has had more recent success under Marvin Lewis than Miami has. Between the two franchises, it has been longer since Miami has been to a super bowl than the Bengals. Miami has a few good receivers, but with AJ Green coming back, the Bengals have a better group of receivers than Miami. The Bengals already HAVE a proven RB in Mixon, Miami HOPES to draft a good RB in the draft. None of our draft picks are guarantees either.

So, why would Burrow put his foot down, refuse to play in his home state, but be okay with Miami?

Ill say this in regards to another potential hall of famer. Julius Peppers was born in NC, played high school ball and college ball at UNC, was drafted by the Panthers. After fullfilling his 2nd contract he told the Panthers that he wanted to leave, he had almost spent entirely his first 30 years in NC, he really just wanted to see something different. Guess the opposite of homesick. I know Burrow got out of Ohio for 2 years but maybe he just wants to see something different

Ill say this in regards to another potential hall of famer. Julius Peppers was born in NC, played high school ball and college ball at UNC, was drafted by the Panthers. After fullfilling his 2nd contract he told the Panthers that he wanted to leave, he had almost spent entirely his first 30 years in NC, he really just wanted to see something different. Guess the opposite of homesick. I know Burrow got out of Ohio for 2 years but maybe he just wants to see something different
Being that I live 30 minutes from Charlotte, and somewhat follow the Panthers too, Peppers left for several reasons, unhapiness with how long it took the team to approach him about a new contract being the biggest reason.

To go along with the notion of players wanting to leave their home state. All reports have nothing to do with that, reports say it involves wanting to win, with him being uncertain he can do that in Cincinnati. My question was, why would he then be attracted to Miami? If wanting to win is the reason, then Miami has not shown any more than Cincinnati has as far as being able to win. We can talk about better coaches, draft picks, and how the future looks, but it hasn't been proven yet. Until proven, there is no way to tell if Miami will turn the corner either.

He's extremely physically talented. Arm talent and athleticism are superb. He was at IMG for a reason.

But his inaccuracy and lack of poise completely kill the positives with him. That's why he can't win.

You may have a point. There's rarely a time I watched him and though he was going to take over.

Being that I live 30 minutes from Charlotte, and somewhat follow the Panthers too, Peppers left for several reasons, unhapiness with how long it took the team to approach him about a new contract being the biggest reason.

To go along with the notion of players wanting to leave their home state. All reports have nothing to do with that, reports say it involves wanting to win, with him being uncertain he can do that in Cincinnati. My question was, why would he then be attracted to Miami? If wanting to win is the reason, then Miami has not shown any more than Cincinnati has as far as being able to win. We can talk about better coaches, draft picks, and how the future looks, but it hasn't been proven yet. Until proven, there is no way to tell if Miami will turn the corner either.

Yeah I mean it was a huge check the bears gave him.but i always followed Peppers. He was from Wilson which is the area i went to college, i was a UNC bball fan, he was actually in Charlotte the day he was drafted for the Hornets playoff game that night... I was there... Maybe it was just talk for the home crowd, but he said it again when he resigned with the Panthers his last go round. He just wanted to get out of NC after 30 years.

Yeah I mean it was a huge check the bears gave him.but i always followed Peppers. He was from Wilson which is the area i went to college, i was a UNC bball fan, he was actually in Charlotte the day he was drafted for the Hornets playoff game that night... I was there... Maybe it was just talk for the home crowd, but he said it again when he resigned with the Panthers his last go round. He just wanted to get out of NC after 30 years.
Not disputing what he said, but I also remember him being very upset that the Panthers did not act sooner to get a deal done. It could have been a combination of several things. The point of this though, Miami has done nothing to warrant Burrow spurning the Bengals in an effort to land with the Dolphins. Miami has not won a playoff game in 19 years. Miami has not been to super bowl in 36 years. Miami has not won a super bowl in 48 years. When Eli pushed his way to the Giants, there was optimism on his part from much more recent success than Miami has had. Miami and Cincinnati have had very similar results the last 20 years. Miami has a better coaching staff and draft picks. Those draft picks are not proven, and Burrow along with anybody obviously knows that trading all your first round picks away for one player lessens the chance you hit big time help. Cincinnati does not have the same pucks as of now, but if Miami trades all their first, then neither does Miami. I mean yeah, a couple 2nd rounders and a bunch of late round picks, whoopie. Cincinnati does have a good group of offensive weapons, with a proven RB and good group of receivers, especially with Green being healthy now.

Not disputing what he said, but I also remember him being very upset that the Panthers did not act sooner to get a deal done. It could have been a combination of several things. The point of this though, Miami has done nothing to warrant Burrow spurning the Bengals in an effort to land with the Dolphins. Miami has not won a playoff game in 19 years. Miami has not been to super bowl in 36 years. Miami has not won a super bowl in 48 years. When Eli pushed his way to the Giants, there was optimism on his part from much more recent success than Miami has had. Miami and Cincinnati have had very similar results the last 20 years. Miami has a better coaching staff and draft picks. Those draft picks are not proven, and Burrow along with anybody obviously knows that trading all your first round picks away for one player lessens the chance you hit big time help. Cincinnati does not have the same pucks as of now, but if Miami trades all their first, then neither does Miami. I mean yeah, a couple 2nd rounders and a bunch of late round picks, whoopie. Cincinnati does have a good group of offensive weapons, with a proven RB and good group of receivers, especially with Green being healthy now.

Curious if you have any thoughts on my post near the top of the page? I had some different perspectives on the same things you mentioned and I brought up a lot of other points.

As for yours...I don't think Miami winning a playoff game or a superbowl really has anything to do with it. If the Bengals were a playoff contender then this would be different. I think it makes a lot more success to look at the stability of the organization in the future. I offered a lot of thoughts on that in my post.

I make a comment about it being a business decision (royalties, etc. being a factor) ...would you deny that going to the New York market had nothing to do with Eli's decision over San Diego?

As for your comment about trading away our picks...what do you think about the fact that even if Miami were to trade all their 1sts and a 2nd this year...they'd still have what would be considered a normal NFL draft selection of picks? They'd still have more than Cincy does at this moment? Lets not forget the following year in which they have 2 1sts and 2 2nds? Its not even remotely close when you compare the teams on NFL draft picks. And isn't it awesome to know that all of those picks will be made with YOU and your skillset in mind? Isn't it awesome to know that they will progress with you from day 1 and could be with you for years and years to come? Miami wins on this. This one is no debate.

As for your logic about the RB position...we can absolutely get one of the best prospects if we really want to prioritize the position...but nevermind that. How about Jordan Howard since you talk about Mixon. Going into last season, he had the 3rd most rushing yards in the NFL since 2016. Is that not noteworthy? You really think Mixon is so much better? Do you really think those WR's are that much better than our room?

Nothing you have said even remotely sways my opinion. I'd be curious to hear your thoughts about what I said in my post.

Last edited:
Curious if you have any thoughts on my post near the top of the page? I had some different perspectives on the same things you mentioned and I brought up a lot of other points.

As for yours...I don't think Miami winning a playoff game or a superbowl really has anything to do with it. If the Bengals were a playoff contender then this would be different. I think it makes a lot more success to look at the stability of the organization in the future. I offered a lot of thoughts on that in my post.

I make a comment about it being a business decision (royalties, etc. being a factor) ...would you deny that going to the New York market had nothing to do with Eli's decision over San Diego?

As for your comment about trading away our picks...what do you think about the fact that even if Miami were to trade all their 1sts and a 2nd this year...they'd still have what would be considered a normal NFL draft selection of picks? They'd still have more than Cincy does at this moment? Lets not forget the following year in which they have 2 1sts and 2 2nds? Its not even remotely close when you compare the teams on NFL draft picks. And isn't it awesome to know that all of those picks will be made with YOU and your skillset in mind? Isn't it awesome to know that they will progress with you from day 1 and could be with you for years and years to come? Miami wins on this. This one is no debate.

As for your logic about the RB position...we can absolutely get one of the best prospects if we really want to prioritize the position...but nevermind that. How about Jordan Howard since you talk about Mixon. Going into last season, he had the 3rd most rushing yards in the NFL since 2016. Is that not noteworthy? You really think Mixon is so much better? Do you really think those WR's are that much better than our room?

Nothing you have said even remotely sways my opinion. I'd be curious to hear your thoughts about what I said in my post.
My thoughts? Nothing you said still answers why Burrow would think that Miami can turn it around. The rumored trade is all 3 first round picks this year, and a first next year, 4 total first. That is stupid no matter how you look at it with a team having this many holes. Trading 4 of the 5 first weakens the draft pick advantage a lot. Yes we have two 2nds compared to their 1 each of the next 2 years, but there again there is far from a guarantee that any of those picks are successful.

Mixon is a proven RB in the NFL, and though I like Howard too, he is not nearly as good as Mixon. Mixon is an all around back who can play all 3 downs and has the ability to run between tackles as well as outside the tackle. Howard is a between the tackle back, not much else. Drafting a talent is a good idea, what if that talent doesn't work out in the transition to the NFL.

Though I like our receivers, their WR's are definitely better, there is no debate here.

Eli wanted to win and wanted the market. The Giants had a nice recent track record at that time. Burrow has only been mentioned wanting to win, Miami does not have a recent track record, nor does Cincinnati. Burrow may want the Miami market, but if he doesn't win it want matter what market he is in. There are other teams to force himself to that will have a better market than Miami if that is what he wants, Miami isn't the only other team that could want Burrow. Again, if he pulls this card, why Miami? Why not another team with a bigger market, better recent success, why would he focus on Miami? I want nothing more than for this franchise to turn around, but Joe Burrow using 4 first round picks is not the answer.

I still don't know how Bengals lost that much games last year. They were better team than us.

Back
Top Bottom