****Joe Burrow Super Thread**** | Page 41 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Joe Burrow Super Thread****

A bunch of nobodies, incapable of competing as anything but a dumpster fire, basement team...a moral victory with losers who shouldn’t be on an NFL roster? Yeah sign me up for that. Talk about a “loser mentality”.

how does this make sense; “least talented team but let’s “win” games against garbage teams to hurt our draft stick and trade all of talent for picks worse than what we got them for”.
Because you play to win games.

Short history or long history?
One QB didn’t air it out at combine do you think Tua wouldn’t have thrown if he could?

catch ya in the average Joe thread in general nfl forum

If he wasn’t injured why would he throw? He wouldn’t and that is what a lot of the top guys are doing. He would do a Pro Day just like Burrow.
Look I like both of these guys but to act like Tua is perfect and Burrow somehow is no comparison to him is a bit much. Tua‘s stats against the better teams he played against are not that great. Hurts bailed him out against Georgia I believe. He does NOT move in the pocket as well as Burrow. A big knock is how he climbs in the pocket just to expose himself to defenders and he holds onto the ball too long.

If he wasn’t injured why would he throw? He wouldn’t and that is what a lot of the top guys are doing. He would do a Pro Day just like Burrow.
Look I like both of these guys but to act like Tua is perfect and Burrow somehow is no comparison to him is a bit much. Tua‘s stats against the better teams he played against are not that great. Hurts bailed him out against Georgia I believe. He does NOT move in the pocket as well as Burrow. A big knock is how he climbs in the pocket just to expose himself to defenders and he holds onto the ball too long.
Tua would throw because he would have nothing to be worried about

Only negative factor that Burrow posses is his arm strength. Personality wise- he has everything you want in a quarterback (leadership, winning mentality, confidence). He just isn't scared of the moment. I watched every game he has played this year (LSU fan) & he just improved as season went on. BUT - you must bring on that same air raid offense that Joe Brady implemented in order for him to thrive.

With that being said... I just wouldn't want to give up too much for him when Tua (if for sure healthy) can be just as if not more successful

There's always been the discussion that Miami never had a QB after Marino. We've gone through so many QB's, drafted Henne and Tannehill early hoping they'd turn into the franchise QB we've been hoping for since Marino, and no luck. This is why I'm down to go for Burrow. The team is in a great position right now and Burrow is the clear cut #1 QB. It's not every year that there's this talented of a QB available in the draft and it so happens that we have what it takes to get him. Drafting Tua with his injury history would be a step in the wrong direction IMO. Go for "THE" guy, move up and draft Burrow.

Yeah, how dare out coach win games? Rosen, we don't know about, but it will be freezing day in hell when I root for Miami to lose.

Why do people call Flo an idiot? I have said this since the first win vs the Jets. You would feel confident going into this off season with a 0-16 or 1-15 staff who didn’t develop anyone didn’t establish a culture and gain momentum for the following year? Just lose and get the first pick baby! I mean free agents would clamor and take less money to come here right, with a bad staff no culture and what not. Certainly worked for the Bengals they got DJ Reader so must mean you can lose and get FAs :rolleyes:. Well you do you; whoever you are.

I’d take the #5 pick and everything Flo built over the #1 pick every time. You have to understand that several of the FAs Miami signed wouldn’t have come to a 1 win team right? So probably no Jones or Van Noy. Possibly Flowers would have stayed in Washington. People who call wins worthless and want to horde picks like they are like their kids and/or mad because “their plan” wasn’t followed how about we let it play out a bit longer.

I know many of us are going through a very rough patch but let’s not push buttons just to push buttons.

Tua would throw because he would have nothing to be worried about

Have you not seen the trend of the top prospects not throwing? You don’t know that Tua would throw anymore than I do, it’s all speculation. Burrow would make all the throws on his Pro Day the only difference being the comfort level with his receivers.
Care to address the other concerns? Throw weight on there as well as the culture he comes from doesn’t have the best diet and both his parents are not small. He already packs 220 on a 6’0 frame and is only 21 or 22. As he gets older is that another issue.
I like you Kev but this is a Super Burrow Thread, lol

Last edited:
Have you not seen the trend of the top prospects not throwing? You don’t know that Tua would throw anymore than I do, it’s all speculation. Burrow would make all the throws on his Pro Day the only difference being the comfort level with his receivers.
Care to address the other concerns? Throw weight on there as well as the culture he comes from doesn’t have the best diet and both his parents are not small. He already packs 220 on a 6’0 frame and is only 21 or 22. As he gets older is that another issue.
I like you Kev but this is a Super Burrow Thread, lol
If you believe all that great for you - we will catch up in the average Joe thread in the nfl forums

If you believe all that great for you - we will catch up in the average Joe thread in the nfl forums

Lol, the stats are there against the best teams, he takes unnecessary hits hence his injuries, throw the damn ball away instead of getting chased down by 300 lb DL, his weight, his culture and his parents are not fiction.
These are all facts. You brought up what Tua MAY do. If you want someone to follow your beliefs then speculation is not a good weapon.
Again I have been on the Tua train since jump but you give me a shot at someone with better escapability, equal accuracy, equal leadership qualities and no durability concerns and I kick the tires.

Lol, the stats are there against the best teams, he takes unnecessary hits hence his injuries, throw the damn ball away instead of getting chased down by 300 lb DL, his weight, his culture and his parents are not fiction.
These are all facts. You brought up what Tua MAY do. If you want someone to follow your beliefs then speculation is not a good weapon.
Again I have been on the Tua train since jump but you give me a shot at someone with better escapability, equal accuracy, equal leadership qualities and no durability concerns and I kick the tires.
The first time Herbert, Love, or Joe get hurt the injury arguments will be muted

Tua is the better prospect always was and nothin has changed

Your opinion, you may be right you may be wrong...who’s the GOAT RB, QB, team different opinions because if we all agreed on everything life would be boring. I too would like Tua but I wouldn’t be surprised if Burrow or another won’t be the longer lasting stud in the NFL, glad I’m not the GM

The first time Herbert, Love, or Joe get hurt the injury arguments will be muted

Tua is the better prospect always was and nothin has changed

As opposed to what the 5th time for Tua? I mean I would love to see Vegas come out with some odds on these guys and who gets injured first. I wonder who would be the odds on favorite?
Fair enough they probably will all miss time. Hey I am good if we can get out of this draft with either of these guys.

Last edited:
Only negative factor that Burrow posses is his arm strength. Personality wise- he has everything you want in a quarterback (leadership, winning mentality, confidence). He just isn't scared of the moment. I watched every game he has played this year (LSU fan) & he just improved as season went on. BUT - you must bring on that same air raid offense that Joe Brady implemented in order for him to thrive.

With that being said... I just wouldn't want to give up too much for him when Tua (if for sure healthy) can be just as if not more successful
U dont have to have big arm. To be be successful in nfl.

Back
Top Bottom