****Joe Burrow Super Thread**** | Page 42 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Joe Burrow Super Thread****

We broke down this team , didn't bring back vet's, traded away pro bowl players so we'd have a chance to a QB. And now that we have that chance some people don't want to give up the picks... yet we only have the picks because that was our plan all along.

The only way they mess this up is by not getting the QB they want. Yet, that's what some of you want. It's really fascinating to watch/read it all.

That's an assumption many have made but it is still an assumption. They could just as easily think none of these top rated QB prospects are worth what the media is projecting their value to be, and prefer to fill out the rest of the roster.

I spent a lot of time today watching all of Burrows interviews over the past couple months and one thing became very clear to me - he does NOT want to be a Bengal.

Watch the Dan Patrick show interview I'm linking. Of all the interviews, I felt this one was the most telling. It was done before the whole "leverage" thing happened and before he got a bunch of coaching on how to handle these questions. You're seeing his true colors here unlike in the others.

Listen from 7:45-9:15, but pay close attention to his behavior in 8:18-8:35, right after saying he wants to play for an organization that is committed to winning.

Look at his change of behavior. He fidgets his fingers, his throat is tense, and then he swallows after Dan Patrick says "pull an Eli." These are all physiological signs that you look for when someone is uncomfortable, hiding something, lying, bluffing, etc.

What he does next is more important - he laughs at the notion that he would want to play for the Bengals just because hes from Ohio. Listen to the tone of the "yeah," and look at his face...this was the "true" genuine him at that moment. He just released the energy that was building up inside of him and was being himself for a quick second. Then he put back on his game face and totally sidestepped the question.

Now look at the moment the Dolphins are mentioned. He makes a light joke "I've heard something about that," (again, being himself,) and he immediately goes for his drink. Why did he do that? You could call it over-analyzing, but its very well documented in human psychology that we seek comforts when were put on the spot like this, uncomfortable, hiding something, trying to manipulate, etc. Doing something with our hands makes us more mentally comfortable and its also full of sugar which "takes the edge off" nerves.

What I can't tell is if he was unconsciously exhibiting these things, or if he was deliberately doing it to send a message to the Dolphins brass. Hes a really smart guy...so part of me thinks he was trying to send a message. Either way, it suggests that he does NOT want to be a Bengal. And his leverage comment, his hiring of Palmer, and his "like" on our FA moves all strongly reinforce this as well.

He wants to be a Miami Dolphin.

Last edited:
Do the Dolphins want Joe Burrow, hmm....let me think....the dude threw 60 td's last year...repeat 60 td's last years....nuff said!!

Anybody watch the video clip? Do you agree with my interpretation or do you think I'm over-analyzing?
I saw this video a few weeks back and some were saying he was being coy to say the least. I still think they are going to draft him though and I can't see him pulling an Eli.

Joe Burrow is not good enough a prospect to be using all those picks to trade up for.

He had an unbelievable season, best season ever by a mile, but as a prospect he's lacking. Theres a reason why every pundit says "if Tua was 100%". This is the same dude that put up terrible stretches of play and multiple zero touchdown games before he was put into a system that fit what he does best after his junior season. He was also already graduated and had all the time to focus on studying film and working on his craft while others had school to focus on. I know that doesnt seem like much, but it matters.

He's the #1 pick this year, but he ain't Andrew Luck, and he ain't even Tua Tagovailoa.

I spent a lot of time today watching all of Burrows interviews over the past couple months and one thing became very clear to me - he does NOT want to be a Bengal.

Watch the Dan Patrick show interview I'm linking. Of all the interviews, I felt this one was the most telling. It was done before the whole "leverage" thing happened and before he got a bunch of coaching on how to handle these questions. You're seeing his true colors here unlike in the others.

Listen from 7:45-9:15, but pay close attention to his behavior in 8:18-8:35, right after saying he wants to play for an organization that is committed to winning.

Look at his change of behavior. He fidgets his fingers, his throat is tense, and then he swallows after Dan Patrick says "pull an Eli." These are all physiological signs that you look for when someone is uncomfortable, hiding something, lying, bluffing, etc.

What he does next is more important - he laughs at the notion that he would want to play for the Bengals just because hes from Ohio. Listen to the tone of the "yeah," and look at his face...this was the "true" genuine him at that moment. He just released the energy that was building up inside of him and was being himself for a quick second. Then he put back on his game face and totally sidestepped the question.

Now look at the moment the Dolphins are mentioned. He makes a light joke "I've heard something about that," (again, being himself,) and he immediately goes for his drink. Why did he do that? You could call it over-analyzing, but its very well documented in human psychology that we seek comforts when were put on the spot like this, uncomfortable, hiding something, trying to manipulate, etc. Doing something with our hands makes us more mentally comfortable and its also full of sugar which "takes the edge off" nerves.

What I can't tell is if he was unconsciously exhibiting these things, or if he was deliberately doing it to send a message to the Dolphins brass. Hes a really smart guy...so part of me thinks he was trying to send a message. Either way, it suggests that he does NOT want to be a Bengal. And his leverage comment, his hiring of Palmer, and his "like" on our FA moves all strongly reinforce this as well.

He wants to be a Miami Dolphin.

I think his shirt colour tells us he wants to be a Jet

Back
Top Bottom