****Joe Burrow Super Thread**** | Page 43 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Joe Burrow Super Thread****

Simms’ Top Five Prospects: Joe Burrow (#1), Justin Herbert (#2), Jordan Love (#3), Tua Tagovailoa (#4), and Jacob Eason (#5)

Compares Burrow more to Peyton Manning than Tom Brady...

“It’s the cleanest film I’ve ever seen from a college quarterback.” – Simms on Joe Burrow

“Being in the Top 10, it would scare me with Tua.” – Simms on teams looking to draft Tua Tagovailoa

“I think he’s got the best arm of any of these quarterbacks in this draft.” – Simms on Justin Herbert

“They can be superstar physical talents who I think can take over games.” – Simms on Herbert and Jordan Love

Simms’ Top Five Prospects: Joe Burrow (#1), Justin Herbert (#2), Jordan Love (#3), Tua Tagovailoa (#4), and Jacob Eason (#5)

“It’s the cleanest film I’ve ever seen from a college quarterback.” – Simms on Joe Burrow

“Being in the Top 10, it would scare me with Tua.” – Simms on teams looking to draft Tua Tagovailoa

“I think he’s got the best arm of any of these quarterbacks in this draft.” – Simms on Justin Herbert

“They can be superstar physical talents who I think can take over games.” – Simms on Herbert and Jordan Love

No. 1: Joe Burrow, LSU

Simms: “It’s the cleanest film I’ve ever seen from a college quarterback. I’ve just never seen more accurate throws, more proper decisions, more of the ability to read and react in the pocket…Incredibly accurate, incredible presence and pocket poise. He really can manipulate the pocket. For a #1 pick in the draft, I just wish he had a little bit more of a physically gifted arm, but I just think everything else is so damn good, you can’t pass him up…He’s a better athlete than Tom Brady [but] doesn’t have as good of an arm as Tom Brady. He reminds me more of Peyton Manning, honestly. I think he’s more of that guy than Tom Brady. Not necessarily going to wow you with all of these power throws, but the decision making, can make all the throws, and then the pinpoint accuracy to go with it and the size and strength to throw with a mosh pit around him and not be affected. Very, very special that way.”

No. 4: Tua Tagovailoa, Alabama

Simms: “I do like his talent, there’s no doubt…Am I taking a little off the table because of the injury history? Yes. Am I taking a little off just because he’s injured right now? Yes…I’m not so sure he knows how to get out of harm’s way…He had a ton of talent around him (at Alabama). This is where we have to be careful when we evaluate quarterbacks…He’s a gifted athlete, he’s got great feet, he can hop around the pocket, he’s a good runner…I don’t think he’s necessarily going to be a great runner in the NFL…He’s a natural at the quarterback position, he really does understand it…He is very scary to me, I’m not necessarily sold that the type of style he plays will translate to the NFL…I’m certainly docking him a little bit because of size, injury history and further injury concern…Being in the Top 10, it would scare me with Tua.”

I want either Tua or Burrow. I would prefer to not trade up at all and pick Tua at 5. and I think there is a good chance he will still be there. But I know thats risky to assume that. But if a team like the Lions or redskins want our 5th overall pick plus ANOTHER 1ST round pick, well then I think its worth seeing what it would cost to just trade up to 1st overall. and draft the safer pick in Burrow. Might as well go all in at that point especially if the cost isnt that much more.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 1
THESE SUPER THREADS ARE SOOOO STUPID... DOES ANYBODY READ THE OTHER 42 PAGES OF COMMENTS BEFORE THEY COMMENT. I BET AGAINST IT. IT DEFEATS THE PURPOSE.

Is he planning to release clips or video of him working out? I know the stance of many of thsoe who rank him as QB1 is he is coming off the greatest season ever blah blah. But to go from the Championship game to the draft and not throwing or working out once or showing clips, and if they are out there I am sorry I havent seen them, seems like he is hiding or just going to ride the hype train to that trainwreck in Cincy.

Last edited:
Is he planning to release clips or video of him working out? I know the stance of many of thsoe who rank him as QB1 is he is coming off the greatest season ever blah blah. But to go from the Championship game to the draft and not throwing or working out once or showing clips, and if they are out there I am sorry I havent seen them, seems like he is hiding or just going to ride the hype train to that trainwreck in Cincy.

I wouldn’t if I were him. He’s the number one pick by leaps and bounds and all he can do is hurt his stock. He’s doing this the right way.

THESE SUPER THREADS ARE SOOOO STUPID... DOES ANYBODY READ THE OTHER 42 PAGES OF COMMENTS BEFORE THEY COMMENT. I BET AGAINST IT. IT DEFEATS THE PURPOSE.
and what do you think the purpose is?

The purpose from our perspective is to keep the main from being flooded with 10 different threads on one player all inevitably discussing the same topic, the player. Multiply that by 3 or 4 prominent prospects and you can see what would happen, a cluster of redundancy. The other alternative would be to move all of it to the draft forum where it normally resides. We make an exception this time of year as Phins specific news is a little more difficult to come by. That will change in the coming weeks.

Back
Top Bottom