Joe Burrow | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe Burrow

LOL... you might be right, but I about choked when that one guy started screaming about giving up 5 first round picks for the Burro.

Imagine if Lawrence and Fields declared early :munch:
Can't, not eligible. 2021 is the soonest for those two. To be eligible for the draft, players must have been out of high school for at least three years. They graduated in 2017 form HS. 3 years from HS graduation would put them at June 2020, past the 2020 draft, they have to wait till the 2021 draft.

No offense intended, but that's not a realistic plan, so much as a fantasy pipe dream.

3-4 more 1st/2nd rounders? And what, fix absolutely nothing this year? Have we learned nothing about chicken counting this with the mirage that was the percieved "tank for Tua" debacle?

Unrealistic? Maybe, impossible? No. Just need to wheel and deal but can be done and we can still have 3-4 picks in the top 2 rounds.

For instances a team like the jags has two first round picks. 6 and the rams 20th pick. Say we pick 5th they could say hey we want two of the top 6 picks ship us #20 and a 1st And second next year and boom another 1st and 2nd for next year.

Then there’s the colts who might want to jump the chargers for a qb. They have the redskins 2nd rounder so essentially they have 2 firsts this year as well. They trade their 18th or so pick for our 5th and send us their 1st and 2nd next year.

You then use those pick you have 18-25 range to trade with teams picking early second that want to move back into the 1st. You take their early second and a second next year.

Lastly you use your top of our 2nd picks to trade back with teams like the chiefs who want guys who slipped from the first and can compete before they have to pay Mahomes 65 million a year or whatever he’ll cost. A move like that might even get you their first next year for their 2nd this year as well.

Just have to get crafty and use the phone. Is it likely we pull off what I described, no it’s not but it’s certainly not impossible. Either way whether we trade the farm or not I’ll be stunned if we don’t see atleast 2 trade backs for picks next year in our first 3 rounds.

Grier needs to draft a stud QB this year. No excuses!

Look at all the playoff QBs... only Wentz was drafted high. Every other QB were drafted later than the Dolphins will be picking.

Point is there are QB gems every year... well almost every year. That Jamarcus Russell draft was lol bad for QBs.

Grier must find the 2020 QB gem.

Problem is if Tua doesn’t grade our well with his injury I’m not sure if there’s a prospect better then what we might have in Rosen.

Can't, not eligible. 2021 is the soonest for those two. To be eligible for the draft, players must have been out of high school for at least three years. They graduated in 2017 form HS. 3 years from HS graduation would put them at June 2020, past the 2020 draft, they have to wait till the 2021 draft.

Absolutely terrible that this is a rule. An injury to these players could cost them 10+ million by making them stay in school. Lawerence would of been #1 pick last year and this year. They need to change it to 2 years. No reason for the NCAA to make billions off keeping these players in school. They need to be allowed to go when they are hot. Look at Tua would of been #1 last year, forced to stay gets injured and may never play again. Stacked with red flags and injury label if he does. No longer top 3 pick.

Problem is if Tua doesn’t grade our well with his injury I’m not sure if there’s a prospect better then what we might have in Rosen.

I really dont think there is, but then again, I've thought this for awhile. It's why I've been set on taking a stab in the 2nd or 3rd round.

I understand that you've GOT to search for that franchise guy, but so many of them have not been the highest rated prospects.... so why not just keep taking them til one goes off?

But fans fall in love with prospects and begin making outrageous claims about them, so it's tough to sort through the muck.

Absolutely terrible that this is a rule. An injury to these players could cost them 10+ million by making them stay in school. Lawerence would of been #1 pick last year and this year. They need to change it to 2 years. No reason for the NCAA to make billions off keeping these players in school. They need to be allowed to go when they are hot. Look at Tua would of been #1 last year, forced to stay gets injured and may never play again. Stacked with red flags and injury label if he does. No longer top 3 pick.

Trouble is... this has gone to court and the NFL won the case, so... as unfair as it is. It is settled case law.

i'm so glad we got our heartwarming Fitzmagic last Sunday. Otherwise, we could have been going into week 17 with a chance at the 1st overall and Burrow (with a miami loss @ NE, a Red Rifle led cincy win at home vs the browns, and case keenum led win over the lame duck Cowboys.) ****, I could have actually had something to watch and root for week 17. Meaningless wins are more important than franchise QBs though.

Rosen wouldn't have won those games against the Bengals or Eagles. Rosen was our ticket to Burrow. It was perfect. It was in our grasp all along. I'm not surprised we blew it, everything miami touches turns to ****. end rant.

I notice Burrow is warming up to play the second half with LSU up by 35 points. Saban was ridiculed for playing Tua after Alabama had a big lead before the first half was even over. Hopefully Burrow doesn’t suffer an injury in this game. otherwise Orgeron
Ehh the one year wonder thing scares me, looked pedestrian last year with a similar cast. I get he’s in a different system but the system shouldn’t be this big of a difference. Still not worth the farm for him. If I’m trading the farm it’s next year for Lawerence. If Tua doesn’t grade well for injury then trade back multiple times pick up 3-4 more 1st and second rounders next year. Make however has the 1st pick next year and offer they can’t refuse.
This one year wonder thing is BS. He was the starter for LSU last year and he got better throughout the year and LSU was a very good team in 2018 with Burrow as their QB. It should also be noted that Burrow transferred to LSU just before the 2018 began and he did not have much practice time with the offense before he became the starter.
Personally I prefer Burrow over Lawrence but the reality is the Dolphins aren’t going to get either of these QB’s. So we will end up sticking with Rosen or drafting an injury prone Tua or a possible major bust in Herbert.

Joe Rose said he spoke with some Bengals scouts before the game last week and it was already a forgone conclusion that they are going to draft Burrow.
The Bengals may have lost against the Dolphins last week but they certainly won the tanking contest. They will draft the best QB in college football and the Dolphins will once again still be wondering when they will
finally find a replacement for Marino.

Grier needs to draft a stud QB this year. No excuses!

Look at all the playoff QBs... only Wentz was drafted high. Every other QB were drafted later than the Dolphins will be picking.

Point is there are QB gems every year... well almost every year. That Jamarcus Russell draft was lol bad for QBs.

Grier must find the 2020 QB gem.

And which of those "later" QBs are going to be the "stud" Grier should draft? Since he has "No excuses," the pick should be obvious.

And which of those "later" QBs are going to be the "stud" Grier should draft? Since he has "No excuses," the pick should be obvious.
That's the million dollar question right there, isn't it? I don't see why our fans have this die hard belief that the QB pick MUST happen this year when Ross has clearly stated that Flores has plenty of time to do this rebuild. I also find the grumbling about winning games humorous, as the tankers believe that if we had just started Rosen, we would have Burrows, but the same people don't believe that starting Rosen for an entire season next year would give them a shot at the number 1 pick then.

I have no idea what the Dolphins will do on draft day this year, but if ever there was a time not to reach and mortgage the future, this draft is probably it. Trade down, take BPA and get your QB next year makes perfect sense to me if the "hidden gem" QB isn't there.

Josh Rosen is 22
Joe Burrow is 23

Think about that for a bit. Imagine Rosen on the best team in college football. Would be be in conversation for #1 pick?
I am not sure what the one year in age different makes. I think Rosen could still turn out to be a decent QB in the NFL but the reality is Burrow just is better than Rosen and the fact he is a year older than Rosen is totally irrelevant.
If Rosen was the QB of LSU, I think LSU would still be a very good team but I don’t think they would be in the national championship game because I don’t think they would have beat Alabama or Texas with Rosen as their QB. Burrow is the reason LSU is the team they are and Rosen was never as good in college as Burrow has been this year.

Back
Top Bottom