Joe Douglas says Gase is part of solution, Darnold is 'quarterback for the future' for winless Jets | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe Douglas says Gase is part of solution, Darnold is 'quarterback for the future' for winless Jets

ANUFan

Club Member
Reaction score
The New York Jets are the worst team in pro football right now, at least in terms of overall record, and the man in charge of assembling their roster took responsibility for his team's struggles while also offering a peek inside his plan to turn things around.
In an answer that might not make bloodthirsty Jets fans happy, Joe Douglas told reporters embattled coach Adam Gase is part of the solution to New York's problems.

"This is not all on Adam," Douglas said, via NFL Network's Kimberly Jones. ... "The goal is to get this fixed together."
Gase's reputation for being an offensive mind has fallen flat in 2020, with his Jets struggling mightily when possessing the ball while also navigating injuries at key positions. Rookie receiver Denzel Mims missed most of the 2020 regular season before playing in Weeks 7 and 8, and quarterback Sam Darnold missed Weeks 5 and 6 with a shoulder issue.

Jets ownership is out of there mines or they know exactly what they're doing to go 0-16 and can Gase at the end of the season

Jets ownership is out of there mines or they know exactly what they're doing to go 0-16 and can Gase at the end of the season

*IF* this is accurate, Jets can get a king's ransom. Can't imagine them passing on Lawrence

*IF* this is accurate, Jets can get a king's ransom. Can't imagine them passing on Lawrence

They would be idiots to pass on Lawrence for a "King's Ransom"
If you don't have a QB which they don't then you don't have anything.

If Gase is part of the solution I’d hate to think what the problem was other than name a Head. Coach you wouldn’t trust to sit the right way on a toilet

PLEASE stay with the Jets for over a decade!!!!
A JetNation Post

He's now lost by 20+ points for the 8th time in his 24 games as HC of the NYJ. Yes, you read that right. 1 out of every 3 games he's lost by 20+ points!

Fire Gase now

let's not forget that he just lost by double-digits for the 13th time in 24 games. 54% of the time!

Again, congrats to our "Football Man", coach Adam Gase!

If I were Trevor's dad, I sure wouldn't be impressed by Douglas's vote of confidence, CJohnson's "brilliant offensive mind" and the willingness to throw all the other players under the bus for my son. Not to mention ruining Darnold and putting an injured Beckton back in to get even more injured!

My first action would to line up an agent who will play Archie type hardball

I am thrilled that Gase is with the Jets. I still don't understand why he seems to be some anointed wizard. We all knew that after his first half season with Miami. All I can figure is that he interviews well.
It reminds me of Josh Rosen. Same thing. I'm a Bruin alum and didn't see what he did at UCLA, and don't see what others think he has and why he has been anointed as the second coming. He just doesn't perform.

Belichick had 31 wins in his first four seasons. Gase had 30 wins. Obviously on similar trajectories, the Jets shouldn't let him go.

I get it. I am just instinctive here and that's probably not the way to go. I have not felt good about any head coach until Flores. Gase just stinks to me. I don't know why. I hope he is successful outside of the NFL because if he turns on those burners it is going to be hell to pay.

Good job Joe, Gase is not the problem, and who really needs Lawrence, when you have Darnold...Doing a great job if you get the overall #1.

Maybe get a Safety.

Back
Top Bottom