joe haden

dr.jake

Rookie
Reaction score
hands down the best corner in the draft. most likely better than davis or smith. if he's picked bpa at 12 who'd be the better transition to free safety.

outlawd2u

Pro Bowler
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Vontae Davis probably has the best skill sets to make the move to FS but there's no way that happens IMO.

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
I honestly believe that Kareem Jackson could end up the better pro. And I'm a Combine showing away from saying "should" instead of "could".

munchkin

Scout Team
Reaction score
So the question is who would be the best free safety out of S.Smith V.Davis and J.Haden?

Tough choice but I would go with S.Smith. Lengthy and seems to be better at floating in coverage where haden and davis seem to lock on to their receiver and are ideal man coverage CB's

And I would take a free safety with great coverage and poor tackling skills anyday over 1 that couldn't cover but was a great tackler

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
Between those three I would be forced to go with Sean Smith. He's smarter than Davis. He's the biggest. He's a poor tackler but he's so new to defense he might get better at it.

I wouldn't move any of them though. If anyone should move it's Nate Jones.

Clipse

mediocrity sucks
Reaction score
Just say no to Joe Haden. Davis is not moving to FS, Smith is too bad a tackler to be a FS. Nate Jones has the best chance of any. We're not drafting Haden though.

hoops

Tua time!
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
i can see kareem jackson being in the joe haden discussion after the combine...very good player

joe haden looks like a stud to me...i doubt we'd take him at #12 though...

i personally wouldn't rule him out...he's worth the pick talent wise to me...

Elliott 1

Hammered
Reaction score
People are fearful and don't like change.

It's a really great question, and it may have to be answered, no matter what anybody says.

I go back and forth terribly on this matter. One day it would have to be Vontae because he is a way better tackler and he got a 33 on his wonderlic and just seems more aggressive; but the next day I think Sean Smith with his height and long arms would just menace opposing passing attacks.

The only thing I am sure of is this: Sean Smith is on the record saying he likes the idea of playing safety very much, but is fine playing either position.

#1dolphinsfan

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Davis because he knows how to tackle and is very good in coverage but I would rather keep smith and Davis a CB and not draft haden

Clipse

mediocrity sucks
Reaction score
People are fearful and don't like change.

It's a really great question, and it may have to be answered, no matter what anybody says.

I go back and forth terribly on this matter. One day it would have to be Vontae because he is a way better tackler and he got a 33 on his wonderlic and just seems more aggressive; but the next day I think Sean Smith with his height and long arms would just menace opposing passing attacks.

The only thing I am sure of is this: Sean Smith is on the record saying he likes the idea of playing safety very much, but is fine playing either position.
Sorry but Smith is too poor a tackler to be a safety. This isn't really a great question at all, we're not moving Davis or Smith to safety, end of discussion. If we really want a safety, we'll draft Earl Thomas at #12, not Haden. This is a deep safety class regardless.

Top Bottom