Joe Philbin at Miami Dolphins Coaches Clinic | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe Philbin at Miami Dolphins Coaches Clinic

He is one of the top 32 HCs in the world period. When you compare that to the number of OCs, DCs, college and HS HCs he sure turns out to be one of the best in the world. This should be a no contest. I swear, people around here are so reactionary.

So by virtue of being hired as an NFL coach he is automatically a better head coach than any college coach in the world lol.
So with that opinion there is not one upgrade to him at the college level or in the coordinator ranks, even you must see that as a flawed outlook.

Agreed 100% people like to come here and bash someone who's made it to the highest level at his profession while they go to their normal 9-5 and go home to type on a forum. Let's not forget how much these couch coaches know either just go read their rehash posts of what they just heard on nfl net and claim it as original thought.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So because a guy is named head coach, he is then free from any critique because no one on this board has been an NFL coach.
We might as well not have an opinion on anything. How can anyone say that phillip Wheeler was a horrible linebacker since none of us have been NFL linebackers.
So in your opinion no one should be able to say anything negative or positive on anything football related on the board since none of us have been in the NFL.

I dont like Philbin as a head coach, but Im not going to pretend that this guy has Madden level football IQ, he might not be the total package, but he knows football and has something to offer via those clinics...

You can learn something from everybody, In philbin's case you can learn a lot of what not to do lol

So because a guy is named head coach, he is then free from any critique because no one on this board has been an NFL coach.
We might as well not have an opinion on anything. How can anyone say that phillip Wheeler was a horrible linebacker since none of us have been NFL linebackers.
So in your opinion no one should be able to say anything negative or positive on anything football related on the board since none of us have been in the NFL.

Feel free to critique all you want but to come on a forum for fan discussion and try to pass your OPINION off as fact if pretty funny to me. Making fun of someone trying to teach others, someone again who has made it to the top in his profession it's pretty ridiculous. Oh and saying "only thing to learn from him is how to not do things" or other like comments is not critiquing like you state above....

I'm sorry, but all it really means is that he is part of the "good 'ol boys club" that the NFL has become. He was simply next up in line because he was an "OC" at GB...look at Sparano. Are you telling me he is one of the top coaches. BS!

Look at Ireland. He just got where he was by getting to be in the "inner circle" when he was young. You want know what it all boils down to...NEPOTISM! Flat out plain and simple. Get in the club, you eventually get your shot. It has nothing to do with coaching talent from what I have seen.

Oh please , I know where you're coming from . But you're lost if you think Ross handed the keys to a billion dollar organization to a guy who doesn't know football.

You're looking at it as a dolphins fan . To say that philbin isn't one of the best head coaches in the world you're being ignorant . The coaches in the NFL are the best of the best .

If you're going to sit here and act like those coaches can't learn a million things from Philbin you know nothing .

Feel free to critique all you want but to come on a forum for fan discussion and try to pass your OPINION off as fact if pretty funny to me. Making fun of someone trying to teach others, someone again who has made it to the top in his profession it's pretty ridiculous. Oh and saying "only thing to learn from him is how to not do things" or other like comments is not critiquing like you state above....

Philbin is a bad NFL head coach and should have been fired, its not the fans fault that we have an owner who is a great businessman that knows nothing about football.
All this board is opinions of different people. If your opinion is that Philbin is a good NFL coach and is doing a good job more power to you but it makes it no more correct than the rest of us.

Philbin is a bad NFL head coach and should have been fired, its not the fans fault that we have an owner who is a great businessman that knows nothing about football.
All this board is opinions of different people. If your opinion is that Philbin is a good NFL coach and is doing a good job more power to you but it makes it no more correct than the rest of us.

First of all it's clear that Philbin has been an average nfl coach .

That being said , if you're an average coach at the highest level in the game you're an elite coach .

So yes , all of those coaches in that room should be happy to learn from Philbin who happens to be one of the best football coaches in the world .

Wake up

First of all it's clear that Philbin has been an average nfl coach .

That being said , if you're an average coach at the highest level in the game you're an elite coach .

So yes , all of those coaches in that room should be happy to learn from Philbin who happens to be one of the best football coaches in the world .

Wake up

Ill gladly wake up from this mediocrity but it seems with ross as owner this nightmare will go on for awhile.
Again just because he is named to a position doesn't make him one of the best coaches in the world, unless you think he is better than every college coach and NFL coordinator

It's doesn't matter whether I think he is doing a good job or not. This topic is a coaching clinic being put on and Philbin is there teaching. You come in and in your words "critique" him saying someone new to coaching or at the bottom has nothing to learn from a man who has made it to the top of his profession.

It's doesn't matter whether I think he is doing a good job or not. This topic is a coaching clinic being put on and Philbin is there teaching. You come in and in your words "critique" him saying someone new to coaching or at the bottom has nothing to learn from a man who has made it to the top of his profession.

Im sure as coaches they can all learn from each other. There are many high school coaches that could teach many NFL coaches about coaching.
Just because someone is an NFL coach does not mean they are automatically better coaches. If that was true than an NFL coach or coordinator would easily dominate at the college level.
Charley Pell was a top level college coach at one point and he sure as hell didn't come to Eagle ridge high school and dominate the high school coaches.
Charlie Weiss, Dave Wannstadt, Lance Kiffin and many others have failed miserably at the college level.
never once said that Philbin cannot teach anybody anything even if he is a poor NFL coach.

I get ppl want to support Philbin, hell I've done it in the past and will still root for him to hopefully turn things around this season, but let's not act like he's doing the top 32 best head coaching job in the world just because his team is ranked higher than 32.

Being 32/32 in the NFL means you're in last place. That's not something to be proud of. Nobody thinks highly of a bottom-dweller team... Why? Because they LOSE all their GAMES.
Philbin's teams have ended up in a mediocre spot every year he's been here. The goal is not mediocrity. The goal is to win a championship. This means he's lost just as many games as he's won.
At some point, you have to say enough's enough.

Apparently, after learning all they could about coaching football from Joe Philbin, the entire room went and took a defensive driving course from Ray Charles. Following a light lunch, they finished an intense day by taking an afternoon long Wall Street Investing course taught by Bernie Madoff. All in All..... A great day for those students.

Back
Top Bottom