Joe Philbin to be on ESPN Mike and Mike in the morning | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe Philbin to be on ESPN Mike and Mike in the morning

fairly boring interview, said he liked the direction Hard Knocks went.

Said he has been plannign for Jets to use Tebow.

Talked about the more responsibilities Head coaches have

How Arron Rodgers and Tannehill were in Different situations which warrented his decision to go ahead and start Tannehill as a rookie

Likes Eating food

fairly boring interview, said he liked the direction Hard Knocks went.

Said he has been plannign for Jets to use Tebow.

Talked about the more responsibilities Head coaches have

How Arron Rodgers and Tannehill were in Different situations which warrented his decision to go ahead and start Tannehill as a rookie

Likes Eating food
I thought the most interesting thing he said was that he thought the replacement refs were doing relatively well at officiating.

Which I agree.

I thought the most interesting thing he said was that he thought the replacement refs were doing relatively well at officiating.

Which I agree.

... another cutting edge interview from the two douche bags

Which I agree.
In our two games they have....the Monday night game with the Broncos and Falcons was beyond awful.

Heard the interview.. no revelations but Joe continues to handle himself well and comes off as articulate, thoughtful, insightful and intellligent. Hopefully that will translate into the success he had in GB but either way, what a breath of fresh air for us.

In our two games they have....the Monday night game with the Broncos and Falcons was beyond awful.
If you take out the long stoppage of play after the fumble pile and the incorrect spot it really wasn't all too bad.

I'd like to see the refs be a little more assertive and not allow things to get out of hand, but honestly alot of that has to do with coaches and players trying to take advantage of the "substitute teacher".

If I'm Roger Goodell I'd have faxed over a warning putting teams on notice to not harass the officials week 3 and beyond.

what about giving out a 15 yard penalty for any player asking ref for a flag or motioning to ref to throw a flag. I thought this should have implemented years ago. Believe it or not, it does influence some refs, thats why you see a flag way after the play is over.

Did Golic reiterate his thinking the Dolphins would go 3-13 once Philbin was off the air?

nope, he complimented Philbin.

To talk more about the refs, ESPN Radio had Jeff Fisher and Jason Babin on later in the day and talked to Matt Light as well, and they all said the biggest issue most seem to be having isn't the missed call but that the rules are so much different from what they're used to (these are like D-3 refs and minor league guys) that they don't know how to enforce the rules or what to look for.

The thing is, all I am interested is if it effects my team. Too many times with the real refs, we got the shortend of some really horrible call that help decide the game, I am actually enjoying watching Miami win or lose on what they actually do on the field, and not because I ref decided
become part of the game.

I am guessing it depends what Refs we get, and if we get the wrong Refs, we all may end up pretty upset, but for now, I am very happy with these guys.

The thing is, all I am interested is if it effects my team. Too many times with the real refs, we got the shortend of some really horrible call that help decide the game, I am actually enjoying watching Miami win or lose on what they actually do on the field, and not because I ref decided
become part of the game.

I am guessing it depends what Refs we get, and if we get the wrong Refs, we all may end up pretty upset, but for now, I am very happy with these guys.

I'm not trying to be a contrarian... But most fans think their teams get the short end of the stick. The glaring "Ref Darlings" reamin the Pats and Steelers, IMO. At least with the "real refs."

I'm not trying to be a contrarian... But most fans think their teams get the short end of the stick. The glaring "Ref Darlings" reamin the Pats and Steelers, IMO. At least with the "real refs."

Whether you believe that some Refs give more breaks to certain teams or not, or some Refs for some reason penalize certain teams more then others, you must admit it's a good feeling to see a game where the Refs are more then not, allowing the players to play, and not calling interference at the end of games like it's going out of style.

If a player is getting mugged at the end of a game, call it, but if it's not clear cut, let the players play, don't try to decide the game with such a huge call.

Back
Top Bottom