Joe Philbin's Game Management | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe Philbin's Game Management

Hayden Fox

Is it Sunday yet?
Club Member
Reaction score
Joe Philbin has had awful game management in the last three weeks. Passing when they should be running, kicking when they should be punting. It is obvious he has a long way to before he is considered a positive factor in us winning games. He is no limited to no feel for the ebb and flow of the game.

Player have to execute, but he needs to do his job with the headset on.

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

At what point does the team not being able to finish fall at his feet? What kind of culture has he created so that are so mentally weak?

Joe Philbin has had awful game management in the last three weeks. Passing when they should be running, kicking when they should be punting. It is obvious he has a long way to before he is considered a positive factor in us winning games. He is no limited to no feel for the ebb and flow of the game.

Player have to execute, but he needs to do his job with the headset on.

Can't argue with that. Although game management has been lacking, I can safely say I think he has these players executing at a higher level than I have been used to seeing.

Im starting to get down on him as well. Eventually a lot of close losses is on the coach. Having Carpenter try a 53 yarder when youre up by 11 is foolish.

Can't argue with that. Although game management has been lacking, I can safely say I think he has these players executing at a higher level than I have been used to seeing.

You are correct. There are some good things. He has been good Monday-Saturday and weak on Sunday.

I dont like that he doesnt scream at the refs when they make obvious mistakes

How do you not run the ball on 3rd and 9 and kill clock? Clay runs out of bounds!!!

According to some fans, throughout the NFL, there are no VG HC's, GM's, or OC's. Although these guys have spent a lifetime of MANY long, hard years of learning and coaching for a living, some fans now know a lot more than they do. I'm not sure where all this fan knowledge comes from. Maybe it's computers, playing or coaching some in HS, or even college. Whatever the reason, fans now know a lot more than young and old guys doing it for a living. How the game has changed.

I have to wonder why some very smart new breed of owner does not have a contest among fans for a new coach, GM, or OC.

That's an extra 45 seconds they have now! NOT GOOD PHILBIN is a better coach than that!!!!!!!

Do Not Pass, the CLOCK is your opponent now, NOT "what the D gives you"!!!!!!!:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Coyle bailed out some rotten decisions by Philbin/Sherman.

I have no idea what they do at the end of games.

Congrats on the win....

... but we're gonna win anyway! :hclap:

Yes sir.

I will explain when I come down what I think of Joe's coaching...nutshell: GREAT Monday through Saturday. Questionable a key moments of games. Hopefully, like the rest of the team he gets better.

Congrats on the win.

How do you not run the ball on 3rd and 9 and kill clock? Clay runs out of bounds!!!

that's a bone-headed play by Clay. he should have known to stay in bounds. it was a high percentage pass play that gave us a chance to convert. a run wouldn't have gone anywhere. it seems like you're pulling out stuff to blame it on our coach.

In case you're too young to have seen Shoes' 1st season in Bmore, but he had OJT days too! allow for it, please

Back
Top Bottom