Joe Walkins, defensive back | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe Walkins, defensive back

Lee2000

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Accoring to a recent article Joe Walkins was said to have an impressive camp. He was not even listed among the 29 invitees. I understand he transferred from Auburn to Illinois State University and moved to defensive back from his old position at wide receiver. He also attended Dillard high. Anyone know anything about this guy? He might get signed.

Lee2000

ps. I tried to determine what players might get signed from the larger group of 29. The best analysis I could get was that Bynes, wr from FAU, and Lucas, wr from Alabama St. made an impression. Other players mentioned in articles included Elam at safety, and Parker, at running back. However, there were some mentioned in a negative light, including one mentioned on this board alot, ***a, dt from Hawaii, for being overweight. Those not reporting, or leaving camp are probably out for ever: Givan, lb, the OG from USC, and the Washington te, who did not show up at all.

Nick mentioned that there were three to four players that the coaches were going to discuss last night. My guess is, those players are Roosevelt Bynes, Chad Lucas, Joe Walkins, and Abram Elam. I think Nick sees Elam as a guy who is an extremely raw player but one that has a lot of potential. Once again, the word development is a key word here. Elam is a 6'0", 210 lbs guy who runs the forty in the 4.52 area. He was a first team All State guy coming out of high school in Florida and was a highly recruited player. He wasn't at Kent State because he wasn't good enough to get a scholly from a bigger school. He was actually at Notre Dame, but he has had some off the field issues that got him dismissed from Notre Dame.

Lee2000 said:
Accoring to a recent article Joe Walkins was said to have an impressive camp. He was not even listed among the 29 invitees. I understand he transferred from Auburn to Illinois State University and moved to defensive back from his old position at wide receiver. He also attended Dillard high. Anyone know anything about this guy? He might get signed.

Lee2000

ps. I tried to determine what players might get signed from the larger group of 29. The best analysis I could get was that Bynes, wr from FAU, and Lucas, wr from Alabama St. made an impression. Other players mentioned in articles included Elam at safety, and Parker, at running back. However, there were some mentioned in a negative light, including one mentioned on this board alot, ***a, dt from Hawaii, for being overweight. Those not reporting, or leaving camp are probably out for ever: Givan, lb, the OG from USC, and the Washington te, who did not show up at all.

I had the pleasure of watching him a couple of years at Auburn. VERY exciting player especially on punt return. If I remember correctly, he had a couple of fumbles and lost his kick return duties and decided to transfer soon after, but Auburn remained a special place to him and he worked out here for the draft and did private workouts for scouts here.

He's tiny, but QUICK QUICK QUICK. I don't really see him as contributing anywhere but special teams on the next level, but if he's handled his fumbling issues, he could be a devestating return man on any level.

Back
Top Bottom