Joel Collier Article | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joel Collier Article

dolfan87

The Human Bullet
Reaction score
Great article on our new Offensive Coord. I like what I have been reading about him.

Linky

Now Joel is near the top of it, as Dad was at the same age. Joe predicts Joel will deal with the attention better than he did. Add that to his inheritance -- organization, diligence, creativity -- and there's a clear conclusion:

"He's ready," Joe said.

Mike Shula thought so upon leaving the Dolphins for Alabama -- he wanted to take Joel as his offensive coordinator. Dave Wannstedt thinks so now. Before Turner took the Raiders job, Wannstedt asked Joel what the offense needed. Collier already had a list of 20 things.

"He sees the big picture," Wannstedt said.

I just read it. Great article, I feel alot better about our O already!

His view: "I'm not a known commodity. But this is what I wanted to do, and I've got a great opportunity that's been handed to me here to try to do it."

Another view: "He really understands the game, X's and O's and fundamentals, and what it takes to win. From my conversations with him last five years, he's one of the most knowledgeable coaches I've been around, period." - Rob Konrad, Dolphins fullback.

." It mattered to Wannstedt that such different personalities as Konrad and Ricky Williams would be pleased with this promotion, because Joel relates to them while pushing them. Oronde Gadsden hopes to play for Joel, in part because "he listens to players."

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm feeling really good about our new OC.:D

The man has future HC written all over him.

once again, looks like he is motivated to have this job cus that is what he worked for. this is how i feel about spielman. he wanted the job bad enough that he would throw everything he could into it.
the other thing is that he knows the offense we had and knows what needs to change and he has the "gravitas" to make it work.

Back
Top Bottom