Joey Harrington probably gone | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joey Harrington probably gone

Harrington isnt a truly reliable backup. He cant go in there and effectively manage a game. You are acting like he is Jay Fiedler or Gus Frerotte, when reality he's more like AJ Feeley or Ray Lucas.

PS "Even a broken clock is right twice a day" was around long before Jay Z.

Once again... WHERE did i say ANYTHING in regards to HARRINGTON???? I never said his name, anytime i said the word BACK-UP.. i was referring to CLEO being our back-up.. I in NO way, shape, or form want Joey Harrington. i didnt want him when we got him, i didnt even want him when we won 4 games in a row, and i dont want him now... so please quit acting like i am praising Harrington for anything.

PS i never said Jay-Z originated it, its a line that he uses in one of my favorite Jay-Z songs. So how about you get out of personal attack/flame mode because you are completely lost on the things you are trying to call me out on. its reasons like this that i have been a member for a long time and have as few posts as i do. its because people like you never took "reading interpretation 101".. you blast people when you dont even understand what they are saying

Last edited by a moderator:
Once again... WHERE did i say ANYTHING in regards to HARRINGTON???? I never said his name, anytime i said the word BACK-UP.. i was referring to CLEO being our back-up.. I in NO way, shape, or form want Joey Harrington. i didnt want him when we got him, i didnt even want him when we won 4 games in a row, and i dont want him now... so please quit acting like i am praising Harrington for anything.

PS i never said Jay-Z originated it, its a line that he uses in one of my favorite Jay-Z songs. So how about you get out of personal attack/flame mode because you are completely lost on the things you are trying to call me out on. its reasons like this that i have been a member for a long time and have as few posts as i do. its because people like you never took "reading interpretation 101".. you blast people when you dont even understand what they are saying

wow dude. he's totally not attacking you. you should calm down and reread things before you attack a very good member of this board

well i just dont understand why people think im wanting to keep joey around and why people are thinking im praising joey when the words Joey and Harrington never even entered my original post. i was talkin bout cleo the entire time saying that we should give cleo a shot at back up or even starting if culp. gets hurt or isnt ready. and then he wants to take an unnecessary shot at my sig.

Last edited by a moderator:
well i just dont understand why people think im wanting to keep joey around and why people are thinking im praising joey when the words Joey and Harrington never even entered my original post. i was talkin bout cleo the entire time saying that we should give cleo a shot at back up or even starting if culp. gets hurt or isnt ready. and then he wants to take an unnecessary shot at my sig.

I dont think he was taking a shot at your sig. He just said Jay-z shouldn't be directly quoted because it was said well before him. Me, I personally don't care, but I really think you shouldn't take it personally. and I agree with you Joey sucks and I think Cleo would be a very good backup

Cam has not stated anything on the QB situation.

Harrington would forgo the bonus and renogiate if it allows him to stay. I feel it would be a mistake to let him go. This needs him right now. CP is questionable, Cleo is an unknown.

If you think about it, not very many teams in the NFL have a truly reliable back up. so every team is in the same boat as far as "what if the starter gets hurt".. i understand that the concern with the phins is that we dont even know if we have a true starter yet. but also, Cam knows Lemon better than Saban did, and if he feels comfortable with him, then thats all that matters to me. With players like Cleo, they can either boom or bust just like every other unproven player, but these are the players that need the chance to prove it one way or another.

What about Jim Sorgi? :D You don't think Dungy has complete faith in him

I think the ball is in Harrington's court. The report would be that he'll be cut, not that he's unlikely to stay at his current salary if the team had no interest in him. This says to me that there is some interest but Joey is going to have to decide whether or not to waive that roster bonus and eat some of that money. If I were him, I think it's a no brainer. Culpepper is still a big question mark, so the Dolphins likely represent his single best chance of being able to play football in 2007.

If he's not about that, maybe he forces the cut so he can sign to be somebody's backup. I don't think that reflects what he wants to do, though. I think he wants to have some chance at playing.

I agree. Harrington really didnt show anything this past season to make anyone consider him for a starting position so its not like teams are lining up to offer him a job. As a backup, he would stand a better chance getting on the field as a Dolphin than just about any other team, so if he still has thoughts that he would like to be a starter somewhere, his best chance to showcase his talents (provided he can improve his talents enough to be worthy of showcasing) is with the Phins.

i dono what your talking about b/c on mine it says NO recent news on the link? am i missing something here?

They need to Dump Culpepper, and Keep Harrington long enough to get a decent Rookie into camp.

The big question is which Daunte are you going to see next year--the former Pro Bowler he was until 2004, or the mess he was in 2005 (pre-injury) and 2006? Not pretending I know the answer, but you'd better hope your new coach gets this one correct, otherwise it's going to be a long season. Personally, I'd consider drafting a QB this year, although JR won't be there when you pick, and I'm not sold on BQ, so maybe you can pick up someone else in rounds 2 or 3.

Physically I think C-Pep will be ready, mentally though it will have been so long since he played in a string of games at 100% I don't know what to expect.
I don't know why we can't get the QB spot situated. Even drafting a QB I would hate to see how badly our fans eat him up after a bad game or two.

Back
Top Bottom