Joey Harrington probably gone | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joey Harrington probably gone

dolphan13

Jake Long for president
Reaction score
Feb 3 Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports Miami Dolphins QB Joey Harrington is unlikely to remain on the team's roster at his scheduled $3.48 million cap number. Harrington is also due a $1 million roster bonus in March, which the team is unlikely to pay.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5889/news

Your title is misleading. Basically this says Joey will probably be gone, something we all know.

Ok, so that eleiminates one possibilty at QB.

I think we may be drafting a QB. Wether it's in the first or seventh round remains to be seen.

So if Culpepper isnt ready or gets reinjured we are gonna put all our marbles on Lemon.At this point Id like to keep Harrington around because he is healthy and has experience.Im not opposed to giving Lemon a shot as starter but Id still like Harrington for his backup.If we trade Harrington and Lemon cant get it done and Daunte is hurt then what?Whether people like Harrington or not he is valuable to us in this particular situation maybe not as the starter but at least as a backup until a rookie can be drafted and groomed or Daunte fully recovers.

If you keep Harrington, then you have another year of QB controversy. I say goodbye Joey.

Haarington's contract escalates next season from what I understand, and to add to that Cameron seems to be very high on Lemon. I don't see anything that would make me believe Cameron wouldn't have complete faith in lemon should Culpepper not work next season.

So if Culpepper isnt ready or gets reinjured we are gonna put all our marbles on Lemon.At this point Id like to keep Harrington around because he is healthy and has experience.Im not opposed to giving Lemon a shot as starter but Id still like Harrington for his backup.If we trade Harrington and Lemon cant get it done and Daunte is hurt then what?Whether people like Harrington or not he is valuable to us in this particular situation maybe not as the starter but at least as a backup until a rookie can be drafted and groomed or Daunte fully recovers.

If you think about it, not very many teams in the NFL have a truly reliable back up. so every team is in the same boat as far as "what if the starter gets hurt".. i understand that the concern with the phins is that we dont even know if we have a true starter yet. but also, Cam knows Lemon better than Saban did, and if he feels comfortable with him, then thats all that matters to me. With players like Cleo, they can either boom or bust just like every other unproven player, but these are the players that need the chance to prove it one way or another.

We are set at QB with a healthy Daunte,which he is by the way,and an exciting player in Cleo Lemon,,JOEY COULD'NT BEAT OUT CLEO FOR THE TWO SPOT EVEN IF HE WAS GOING TO BE ON THE ROSTER,which he won't be so it really does'nt matter... good luck joey

If you think about it, not very many teams in the NFL have a truly reliable back up. so every team is in the same boat as far as "what if the starter gets hurt".. i understand that the concern with the phins is that we dont even know if we have a true starter yet. but also, Cam knows Lemon better than Saban did, and if he feels comfortable with him, then thats all that matters to me. With players like Cleo, they can either boom or bust just like every other unproven player, but these are the players that need the chance to prove it one way or another.

Why can't people accept the fact that either as a starter or backup Harrington won't get the job done. This just in everyone, HARRINGTON IS A BUMB! He is due to make way too much as a backup and i think we have seen enough in cleo in 2 games to atleast give him a try at backup. Don't forget the possibility of him competing for the starting spot.

The big question is which Daunte are you going to see next year--the former Pro Bowler he was until 2004, or the mess he was in 2005 (pre-injury) and 2006? Not pretending I know the answer, but you'd better hope your new coach gets this one correct, otherwise it's going to be a long season. Personally, I'd consider drafting a QB this year, although JR won't be there when you pick, and I'm not sold on BQ, so maybe you can pick up someone else in rounds 2 or 3.

Why can't people accept the fact that either as a starter or backup Harrington won't get the job done. This just in everyone, HARRINGTON IS A BUMB! He is due to make way too much as a backup and i think we have seen enough in cleo in 2 games to atleast give him a try at backup. Don't forget the possibility of him competing for the starting spot.

OK....why did you quote me? is it because you agree with me? because i said nothing that was contradictory to your post. I all but said that Cleo can be our back up and that if Cam thinks he can do it, then i have no problem with it. i also never said Harrington was good.. so like i said, are you agreeing with me? or what?

Harrington isnt a truly reliable backup. He cant go in there and effectively manage a game. You are acting like he is Jay Fiedler or Gus Frerotte, when reality he's more like AJ Feeley or Ray Lucas.

PS "Even a broken clock is right twice a day" was around long before Jay Z.

I think the ball is in Harrington's court. The report would be that he'll be cut, not that he's unlikely to stay at his current salary if the team had no interest in him. This says to me that there is some interest but Joey is going to have to decide whether or not to waive that roster bonus and eat some of that money. If I were him, I think it's a no brainer. Culpepper is still a big question mark, so the Dolphins likely represent his single best chance of being able to play football in 2007.

If he's not about that, maybe he forces the cut so he can sign to be somebody's backup. I don't think that reflects what he wants to do, though. I think he wants to have some chance at playing.

Back
Top Bottom