Joey Harrington: Why He Throws So Many Picks | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joey Harrington: Why He Throws So Many Picks

Maybe that's why Tedford QB's fail. Tedford = lousy QB coach.

thats the only picture of him throwing the ball like that... even on that link you included, all the pictures of joey have him throwing the ball with the laces. he throws a pretty tight spiral, but he throws too many picks because he makes poor decisions when the pressure is on.

I remember that game! That was the statue of liberty play called by Mularkey our genius OC. Thats why your confused its not a pass play its a WR reverse. Thats the one smart thing our OC did last season. He figured out CC did not know how to get open and catch a pass so instead we just started having our QB's hand him the ball.

This photo clearly shows WHY Harrington throws so many Picks:

Check out the BALL...

Go Phins: :ffic: :rawk: :dolphins:

LOL, he looks like a little girl throwing it. ha ha. But, in his defense, all QB's look funny throwing it sometimes.

u dont know wether he is throwomg the ball like that every play, that could have been a bad snap or he has been pressured and move away form a defensive lineman or something

Ridiculous thread. The picture you have posted is just one example of Joey throwing the ball without gripping the laces. Who knows what the situation was- he could of just recovered a fumbled snap, was pressured etc. I can assure you that this is not the way JH normally grips the ball.
The reason JH throws so many picks is because of his poor decision making. He is also limited in the type of throws he can make, and when he tries to do make a pass that he is incapable of doing (which happens regularly) then he often gets picked.

That looks like he is getting ready to make a shotputters throw.

Anyway I dont think its important.There have been a lot of great QBs with unusual grabs and throwing motions.As long as it works for them and their coaches have not corrected them I dont see a problem.

IMO Joey just doesnt have enough talent to be a starting QB

Ben Roethlisburger throws without his hands on the laces. Accuracy for a QB is based on arm strength, target selection, timing and throwing mechanics (e.g. follow through, footwork, etc...).

In Joey's case, his downfall is he throws to WR's which aren't open. He throws to the wrong receiver or he'll check down to the RB/Slot WR. For whatever reason, he doesn't seem to think quick enough on his feet.

Troy Aikman threw the ball with his fingers off the laces.

Also, maybe on that play, Joey was in a hurry to get rid of the ball. Blitz or quik hitch or whatnot. One picture doesn't tell the story.

I think that is a one time thing or it happens when he's trying to get the ball out and he's getting blitzed. Doesn't have the time to rotate the ball or he isn't quick enough to do it.

Whatever it is... shouldn't be happening on the NFL level.

The dude has timing issues that I believe is more the cause then where he puts his hands on the ball. Beyond technique Harrington gets flustered too much and releases the ball too early before a receiver's break from his route. Timing between Harrington and the receivers need to improve in the offseason in order for him to have a legit shot at being the starter or even 2nd string. Some qbs can adjust and allow the game to come to them and some can't. This was a knock on him in Motown and he showed it here as well last season.

Back
Top Bottom