Joey Harrington: Why He Throws So Many Picks | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joey Harrington: Why He Throws So Many Picks

He throws picks because he's HIGHLY INACCURATE--bottom line.

I don't think he reads the field fast enough. Maby some day he will be able to read the D better. Ane get arm and lose his happy feet.

It's all in his eyes! Joey throws picks because he has predetermined where he is going with the ball based on the defense presnap. What he fails to do is look at the defense after the snap, see where the holes are and where the routes are developing, quickly process the information, and then make the correct throw. When he locks onto a receiver, he tends to stare him down or he fails to look off the coverage.

Have you also noticed that Joey never attacks the middle of the field! He's afraid of the middle.

Thats one picture. I just googled other pics of him and he's holding the ball right. He just has an erratic arm sometimes. In Joey's defense, there were at least 4-5 int's last season that were deflected off of missed catches by his own wr's.

It does look funny, but the kid throws a pretty tight spiral, I dont think laces have anything to do with his problems. I think it's all confidence related from never being properly developed in the NFL.
I honestly think - after watching him on TV and in Buffalo this year - that he has a tough time reading defenses. He throws a lot into coverage while, in most cases, there's another option.

He has all the physical skills he needs, but his brain just doesn't read defenses well. Maybe it's his instinct to get rid of the ball quickly that keeps him from making the proper reads. I don't know what it is, but the result isn't good. I saw at least three horrible throws in Buffalo (two picks) that should have gone to wide open receivers elsewhere.

Take Brady on the other hand. Brady probably has less physical skills than Joey, but he reads defenses very well. Oh, and he can actually put the ball where he wants it to go ... forgot about that little detail.

I agree with everyone that says he is in a hurry. The game just seems to be way to fast for him. He is often throwing the ball to the nearest receiver is just a couple of seconds, he rarely is patient enough to what for things to develop further downfield (when he has the time), and when it's there, his bad habits from the short game doom him.

I think he treats the football like a hot potato. It's partially an o-line thing, and partially a mind thing. The o-line improved late in the season, but Harrington's passing did not.

there are other shots of Joey throwing the ball using the laces... so i'm thinking this photo he probably just took a quick snap with a rush or something

It's all in his eyes! Joey throws picks because he has predetermined where he is going with the ball based on the defense presnap. What he fails to do is look at the defense after the snap, see where the holes are and where the routes are developing, quickly process the information, and then make the correct throw. When he locks onto a receiver, he tends to stare him down or he fails to look off the coverage.

Have you also noticed that Joey never attacks the middle of the field! He's afraid of the middle.

Feeley did the same thing.

Feeley did the same thing.

Past couple coordinators never bother calling plays attacking the middle of the field. Remember the Steve Young in the booth game? Towards the end of the end, Steve was calling out(funny since noway could the OC could hear him) for a play call that attack the middle of the field.

Past couple of years I remember Donald Lee getting wide damn open in the middle, of course "stonehands" couldn't catch but still.

I am racking my brain, because I know there where other qbs that throw without the laces, I just can't remember who it was. I know Jeff George put his pointer finger on the tip of the ball. Joey isn't the first to do it though.

OH MY! That's a fine looking Snake in your sig 67. Who made it? What kind of venom is it packing? Hope they stayed true to the man that wears the black hat.

Here's a test: What were the Rip Chords famous for?

Back
Top Bottom