John Clayton: "Better than 50% chance of trade" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

John Clayton: "Better than 50% chance of trade"

NYFCat

Starter
Reaction score
On ESPNEWS with Bryan Kenny, John Clayton reported there is a "better than 50%" chance of the Miami Dolphins trading their #2 to the Minnesota Vikings for at least both #1's on draft day, assuming Alex Smith is taken by the 49ers.

the truth is that this could be completely false... the point is nobody knows what Saban will do

Better than 50%? That is the most vague guess I've ever heard. He's basically saying there is a small chance we would move up, and assesment everyone made weeks ago.

What do you want the guy to say? He doesn't know, nobody knows, but its his job to report on SOMETHING, so if he is hearing reports that there is a good chance he is going to relay it. I would rather have this speculative reporting than every draft special going, "On to the Dolphins with the #2 pick we have NO idea...anyways on to the Browns..." The guy heard there is a good chance we are going to trade so he reported it.

He's saying 'if' things work out, Saban 'may' trade down? He's really betting his credibility going so far out on a limb with this bold prediction. I hope for his sake, he's right.

Saban is the kind of guy that does not want to put all his eggs into one basket. That is pretty much what a team does by drafting in the top 5. I definately see him trading down to get guys who dont expect special treatment by virtue of their draft status and wants to work hard and win. Less about raw talent and more emphasis on work ethic and attitude.

Hearing what Saban has already said, if we get fair value for the #2 pick I see no scenario in which we stay at #2 even if for Smith. GreenMonster

He's basically saying that there's a better chance that we trade down than that we make the pick at #2. That's farther out on a limb than we've seen anybody else in regards to us trading down.

NYFCat said:
On ESPNEWS with Bryan Kenny, John Clayton reported there is a "better than 50%" chance of the Miami Dolphins trading their #2 to the Minnesota Vikings for at least both #1's on draft day, assuming Alex Smith is taken by the 49ers.
Will we be getting another pick somewhere? Next year 3rd or 4th round perhaps?

Back
Top Bottom