John Clayton : Haves And Have Nots | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

John Clayton : Haves And Have Nots

BLITZKRIEG

~LACUNA LEGIONS~
Reaction score
A quote from ESPN's John Clayton on the QB position.....

"Over the past couple of years, we've watched the NFL become a coaches league, with teams going to more experienced, winning coaches instead of just promoting assistants. At the same time, we've watched the league get younger and better at QB."

"The days of patching the QB position are ending. Soon it's going to become the league of the haves and the have nots at QB."

John Clayton - ESPN

Well if he's correct, we'd better get our future QB now.

YES TO RIVERS!!!!:m83:

PHINZ RULE!!!:pirate:

Not sure I get the article. Is he saying you can't win with patching the QB position? Is he saying he need to be young at QB? Is he saying that late round QBs are the way to go? Is he saying that you need experince at the QB to win? Ravens, St Luis, Carolina, Pats, Bucs, Raiders all won or got their with nobodies. As long as you have a 'team' and good coaches you can go far. We had the best QB of all time, but not a 'team' and thus did diddly. Look at the marque QBs who were ousted in the playoffs. I think it's a lot more then just a good young QB. I also think some teams will go for a vet QB who may not be that good as opposed to taking a chance on a rookie or back up QB who could be better. Look at the Raiders, Gannon got hurt and their #2 guy came in and rocked until he got hurt.

I think you can win with average QB, young or old, late or first round as long as you have a 'team' and good coaching. (cough-pats-cough)

Back
Top Bottom