John Clayton just ...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

John Clayton just ......

DNY

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Clayton just stated on ESPN radio that he is hearing that Edwards now may be the first pick, That there will be no draft day contract with Smith, the 9'ers and Smith a way too far apart.

If he is correct, then I would expect Miami to pick Smith and try to trade him to Tampa for picks

He's changed his mind everyday on this. He should just wait until tomorrow like the rest of us.

clayton changes his mind like kiper changes his big board...

no one has a clue!!

WOW, he just stated we would probably trade out of the 2 if SF did take Edwards AND that he expects, within the hour, that KC will offer the 2nd round pick for Surtian.

zachseau13 said:
If he is correct, then I would expect Miami to pick Smith and try to trade him to Tampa for picks

Just because SD was successful last year, dont bank on it. Some GM's will make you eat that hostage. Thats a dangerous game to play, and in Nicks first draft, I dont think he wants to play that card and alienate the rest of the GM's. His first season is too important to see that happening.

zachseau13 said:

Smith is a guy that I could see Saban keeping or being willing to trade away at the right price. If the 9ers don't take him Smith will be holding up a Dolphins uni with the #1 on it tomorrow afternoon.

this is gunna go till the last second so its up in the air, were all gunna just have to be patient

DNY said:
Clayton just stated on ESPN radio that he is hearing that Edwards now may be the first pick, That there will be no draft day contract with Smith, the 9'ers and Smith a way too far apart.

Well of course he will be, the 9ers have been changing their pick with the flavor of the day. Nothing wrong with this but it is very obvious.

Smith gets all the trade attention and they are drafting Smith, now Edwards is drawing all the attention and now they are drafting Edwards. If I wanted Edwards I would call their bluff, I don't believe they want Edwards over a QB, will they actually take the chance and draft Edwards with the hope that somebody will trade with them after the fact?

Fin4life said:
He's changed his mind everyday on this. He should just wait until tomorrow like the rest of us.

He and everyone else! No one knows whats really going on with the 9ers, Dolphins, Browns and soo on...... We will find out tomorrow!

The Niners will not take Edwards. As soon as Nolan heard all the rumors about teams trading up to take Edwards, he had to play the Edwards card. They are taking Smith or Rogers, IMO.

9ers remind me of the kid that gets jealous when somebody else is getting all the attention, they are standing over there trying so hard to get the attention focused on them, jumping up and down saying "Look at me, Look at me"

I think any and all things are possible. I've never seen a draft quite like this one.

DNY said:
WOW, he just stated we would probably trade out of the 2 if SF did take Edwards AND that he expects, within the hour, that KC will offer the 2nd round pick for Surtian.
good news man... thanks for the info.

I like that SF seems to consistently be a day or two behind Saban. First they wanted Rodgers.Then Nick started in about Smith, so then they wanted Smith. Then Nick started saying we'd take Edwards. Now suddenly they want Edwards. For a new guy, Saban is doing a great job at dictating this draft to others.

Back
Top Bottom