john clayton on the top qb's.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

john clayton on the top qb's....

there are a few other qb's that will come out in the later rounds that could be just as good as the top Qb in the league in a few years. I just feel like we have have so many needs on Offense, if we can sacrifice and trade, we can get more players to help the offense. Praying on a trade down - we possible can get a good RB, a hidden QB, and O-lineman. And it a Possiblility we can use most of these players this season.

If SF passes on Rogers, then the whole draft will get interesting starting with the phone lines at our draft desk and war room. I dont think Saban really wants either one, I think he wants to trade down and get Greene in the third.

At this point I would take Mcpherson, Frye, Green, or Campbell. These are all Qb that may have a future in the league, with the right coaching and system. 2nd or 3rd round.

FinsFanatic said:
I would like smith over rodgerws due to the systems smith used in college

That is one of teh big reasons why I DONT want Smith. the system is a gimmick college system that has a history of putting qbs in teh league that struggle. It is a version of teh run and shoot offense. He hasnt taken a snap from center in game action in over 3 years for any real sense. He hasnt had to drop back. There are specific mechanics involved that Smith hasnt used that he has to relearn. If Rodgers is ther grab him, if not, grab Brown, Edwards or trade down.

chambers84 said:
I don't see how Saban could pass on either QB. IMO they are both better than Eli, Phillip and Ben from least years QB crop. But that's just my opinion.

I disagree. I think if you put Smith and Rodgers in last years draft, they would be the 4th and 5th QB's taken. Behind Eli, Phillip and Ben. If we do in fact take a QB, I really hope you are right.

I don't like the idea of taking a QB just to take a QB. I think Feeley showed some potential behind a line that gave him more than 2 seconds to get rid of the ball. I think we should go WR/RB with 2 if we don't trade down. However, this is all my opinion and when it comes right down to it, I have no clue what is going to go down on the 23rd.

rickysux said:
just heard clayton talking about the qb's and he said he has rodgers ahead of smith.... if the 49ers take smith could saban pass up rodgers? would you?

Its all a CRAP shoot, no telling who is really going to be good and who's not until they get under center in the NFL....Look where guys like LEAF, MIRER were picked opposed to guys like FAVRE..

A&MPhin84 said:
I'd take Smith over Rogers b/c Smith is bigger, is renowed for his accuracy, is more mobile, and is a VERY smart player (and intelligence is IMO one of the most important attributes for a QB). I'm on the Ronnie Brown bandwagon, but any one of the trio of Brown, Smith, or Edwards would be a very good pick IMO.

I think Rodgers is more NFL ready with a tad bit more upside. Smith is a great prospect though and to be honest ill take either one. I'd prefer Rodgers, and i think Saban will take him if he's there at#2 but for some reason i think Saban loves Smith. Which means he wants whoever is there. :D

A&MPhin84 said:
I'd take Smith over Rogers b/c Smith is bigger, is renowed for his accuracy, is more mobile, and is a VERY smart player (and intelligence is IMO one of the most important attributes for a QB). I'm on the Ronnie Brown bandwagon, but any one of the trio of Brown, Smith, or Edwards would be a very good pick IMO.

I thought Rogers was supposed to be more athletic (quick) than Smith?

By the way, is that a saturn you are trying to show off?

Phinadict said:
I thought Rogers was supposed to be more athletic (quick) than Smith?

By the way, is that a saturn you are trying to show off?

Smith is actually a tad bit faster than Rodgers , and is more of a "mobile qb" but Rodgers is the more polished QB and throws far better on the run. :D

merlin00069 said:
Smith is actually a tad bit faster than Rodgers , and is more of a "mobile qb" but Rodgers is the more polished QB and throws far better on the run. :D

Tahnks for the clarification. Judging by last year, I would say the ability to throw on the run is a huge plus with our line :(

Phinadict said:
Tahnks for the clarification. Judging by last year, I would say the ability to throw on the run is a huge plus with our line :(

No problem. I think Rodgers is more battle ready and more polished. Smith is more of a mobile QB but has tremendous upside as well. The only difference is the height, and the system they ran to be honest. I mean they are both highly accurate, intelligent mobile QB's which is why i want either one here. I've just been following Rodgers since he played at Butte JC and i think he has more intangibles and more of a desire to do well.

merlin00069 said:

Are you sure?:confused: The Ute's offense always had Smith throwing on the run. The QB was always in motion and rolling out. That has been one of the questions about Smith. Can he be a straight drop back passer? I can't believe that Rogers was better than Smith throwing on the run.

Back
Top Bottom