john clayton on the top qb's.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

john clayton on the top qb's....

Alright Hamilton................Dude I really like your Sig. Might it be the handy work of Skape or did you do it yourself?Anyways it's awesom!

rickeyrunsover said:
That is one of teh big reasons why I DONT want Smith. the system is a gimmick college system that has a history of putting qbs in teh league that struggle. It is a version of teh run and shoot offense. He hasnt taken a snap from center in game action in over 3 years for any real sense. He hasnt had to drop back. There are specific mechanics involved that Smith hasnt used that he has to relearn. If Rodgers is ther grab him, if not, grab Brown, Edwards or trade down.

utfinfan said:
Are you sure?:confused: The Ute's offense always had Smith throwing on the run. The QB was always in motion and rolling out. That has been one of the questions about Smith. Can he be a straight drop back passer? I can't believe that Rogers was better than Smith throwing on the run.

Well let me rephrase he's more "accurate" on the run. Or moving outside of the pocket. Smith threw alot of screen passes which is a staple in the Spread offense and had alot of bootleg 10-15 yard throws. Just because your offense runs a rollout kind of offense it doesnt make you more accurate. This is the going theory and has been for a while. Smith actually has a higher career comp % than Rodgers. 65% for Smith to 63% for Rodgers career. Hope this helped. Cheers.

I want a qb just not at 2. I really dont have a favorite at 2 cause i just dont feel that any of them give us what we need and the 1 position that does; RB, simply isnt worth picking so early because of the insane depth at the position.

Trading down is the only acceptable option imo.

TripleThreat said:
If we can't trade down, I'd like Ronnie Brown at 2 and David Greene in the 3rd.
I dont like Greene in rd 3 at all. Maybe rd 4-5. He tends to push the ball more than throw it and his arm is very average.

Good to see a fellow LI phin fan here besides me :cooldude:

The success rate for first round QB's is about 1 in 10. Success meaning they turn out be at the very least, nice franchise Qb's who play well for several years. How do I get excited about those odds?

supertek said:
The success rate for first round QB's is about 1 in 10. Success meaning they turn out be at the very least, nice franchise Qb's who play well for several years. How do I get excited about those odds?
-1/10
+3/10 success rate.

supertek said:

The actual % of first round QB's being a success( and success meaning playoff games and more) is over 30% for the past 10 years. That doesnt even include guys like David Carr, Brooks, Leftwich, Palmer etc etc who are all top prospects and have bright futures ahead. Thats just to name a few. I have a link for this somewhere and ill post it as soon as i find it but right now sleep calls. So how about getting excited for those odds? Ill leave you with this though...

2004-Manning, Roeth., Rivers, Losman (all guys that have bright futures)
2003-Palmer, Leftwich, Boller ..more bright futures
2002- Carr, Harrington....Carr is on his way with Harrington fading some..
2001-Vick...need i say more?(and Brees was the #32 overall! would be first now)
2000-Pennington.....top 10 QB only injuries are hurting him
1999-Mcnabb, Culpepper, Smith, Couch, Mcnown..2 out of 5 are top 5 QB's in the league...thats 40%!!!
1998-Manning, Leaf.....i wont say anything about either one. 1 out of 2...50%!!
1997-Druckenmiller....Doh!!! this one bites!
1996-no first round QB's
1995-Mcnair and Collins....Both have been to Superbowls and are starters!!!
1994-SHuler and Dilfer...again one a good starter with a superbowl ring and one horrible...50%!!!
23 total QB's....9 out of 23 have been to the playoffs and or superbowl and that doesnt count the rookies of 2004 or 2003 who have only 1-2 years experience!!! Minus those guys and you have 9 out of 16!!!!
39% for 9 out of 23
56% for 9 out of 16!!!!
I guess there goes that one out of 10 talk huh??? Cheers!!!

Back
Top Bottom