john clayton on the top qb's.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

john clayton on the top qb's....

nolefin

thank you
Reaction score
just heard clayton talking about the qb's and he said he has rodgers ahead of smith.... if the 49ers take smith could saban pass up rodgers? would you?

Clayton`s breaking some really big news, huh? Rogers over Smith...others have Smith over Rogers...blah, blah, blah. These two have run me into the ground, you hear so damn much about `em.

I'd take Smith over Rogers b/c Smith is bigger, is renowed for his accuracy, is more mobile, and is a VERY smart player (and intelligence is IMO one of the most important attributes for a QB). I'm on the Ronnie Brown bandwagon, but any one of the trio of Brown, Smith, or Edwards would be a very good pick IMO.

Yes just like Chris Rix can be better, you never know, some players really have turnarounds in their carreers. Saying that is like saying that it may rain tomorrow.

Don't take a QB that high up in the draft!!!

I wouldn't take a QB at all in the 1st rd this year, we're still going to be in the hole by taking a QB. I know that these are plans for the future, but I dont agree that its a good idea to take a player that high up and not really use him productively. Let's see what Feely or the old man have to offer in this new system that they do have the uper hand, on any rookie QB coming in this year would have. Bring in a QB in the 2nd or third round will be better suited for the phins this year. I say the main priority is getting the most quality player the can get out of this draft, even if it means - trading down, to gain another pick this season.

Joey 22 said:
Yes just like Chris Rix can be better, you never know, some players really have turnarounds in their carreers. Saying that is like saying that it may rain tomorrow.
Very true. I could go to the moon next week too.

From NFL Huddle:

Sean Salisbury:

- Trade down probably won't happen
- Thinks Nick will take Ronnie Brown even with all the smokescreens being put out
- Wouldn't be suprised if Fins take Edwards because it would give Miami an explosive Offense with Chambers and McMichael(He doubts Miami will take him though)
- Thinks QB won't be taken because they will give Feeley a shot.

John Clayton

- Thinks we take Brown when all is said and done.

Im good to go....as long as they dont take a QB in the 1st round. If its a RB or WR, Im cool with that. NO QB 1st Round!!!

I don't see how Saban could pass on either QB. IMO they are both better than Eli, Phillip and Ben from least years QB crop. But that's just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom