John Clayton says Phins will take Rodgers or R. Brown | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

John Clayton says Phins will take Rodgers or R. Brown

Take Brown and not a QB, high pciked QB's havent been good in this for years now so nope trade down and ronnie brown

J Tes said:
John Clayton looks like E.T. I couldnt care less what he says
:lol:

39-1.jpg

KB21 said:
Clayton said the Dolphins coaches are pushing for the drafting of Aaron Rodgers. I'm taking this to mean that the scouts may be pushing Ronnie Brown. It will be interesting to see who wins out. One thing is for sure. The Dolphins coaches have shown very little confidence in A.J. Feeley this offseason.

The position that makes the most sense based on the long term effects is the quarterback position.
Hey KB. You doing a mock, and if so when you going to fill us all in?

J Tes said:
Hey KB. You doing a mock, and if so when you going to fill us all in?

Yes. I'm currently working on it.

Jnaledu3 said:
Take Rodgers!!
Amen! How many of you guys would like to have David Carr on the Dolphins? This guy is a carbon copy IMO.

Draft Braylon Edwards or Mike Williams and a RB later in the draft, unless someone wants to make us a sweet offer to trade up.

KB21 said:
Clayton said the Dolphins coaches are pushing for the drafting of Aaron Rodgers. I'm taking this to mean that the scouts may be pushing Ronnie Brown. It will be interesting to see who wins out. One thing is for sure. The Dolphins coaches have shown very little confidence in A.J. Feeley this offseason.

The position that makes the most sense based on the long term effects is the quarterback position.

Right again you are KB.Its starting to look like we actually have a shot at Rodgers here, im getting very excited for draft day. I have wanted Rodgers to be a Fin for some time.

KB21 said:

I have heard before that Linehan has been pushing for a QB. I would think Saban would go with his coaches on this, especially his OC.

kingfin said:
i think we should take B.Edwards.He is the best player coming out of this draft.He wants to be the best.I think this guy is for real...Take edwards

Great advice for Minn., but we're talking about the best interests for the Dolphins. Take Brown.

sports24/7 said:
I have heard before that Linehan has been pushing for a QB. I would think Saban would go with his coaches on this, especially his OC.

Saban better stick to the rating boards and not just do what some
coach wants. Miami spends all that money on scouting, you have to follow the results it points to. That's why Edwards at #2 is the likely choice. Reaching for a need is a disaster in making.

Jnaledu3 said:
What?

Rodgers was the highest rated QB starting out this offseason. He was rated even higher than Lienart if he came out.

The guy has pinpoint accuracy, perfect mechanics, a cannon for an arm, throws on the run, an excellent field general, very smart. What else do you need?

Higher then Lienart? Who are you trying to fool. Everyone was waiting for the decision on whether Lienart came out before anyone was willing to talk about who the #1 would be. Rodgers/Smith only came on as the top of the draft AFTER Leinart's decision to stay in school. Just another reason I don't buy the QB's as top picks. If Lienart had declared he would have been #1 and either Rogers/Smith drop large down the board. Most likely Rodgers.

chelevaliente said:
Just heard the news on Sportscenter, he said that if Miami couldn´t draft Alex Smith(who was the obvious pick), they will settle for either Aaron Rodgers or Ronnie Brown. He also said teams that are trying to move up are starting to walk away, prices are too high to get one of the first three picks, so a Miami trade-down is very unlikely. What do you guys think??
So GOD has spoken then?
:shakeno:

Marino1983

Clayton is part of an ALIEN conspiracy to infect the earth with ugliness
clear.gif

I wonder about how Clayton is getting all this information. Unless Saban wants it to get out.

On the difficulty of trading down - I've been saying for two months that I don't think the Dolphins will be able to trade down. I think it's doubtful still.

Personally, I'd like us to look at one of the WR's.

I actually don't think there is a final decision as yet.

Back
Top Bottom