John Clayton says Phins will take Rodgers or R. Brown | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

John Clayton says Phins will take Rodgers or R. Brown

chelevaliente said:
Just heard the news on Sportscenter, he said that if Miami couldn´t draft Alex Smith(who was the obvious pick), they will settle for either Aaron Rodgers or Ronnie Brown. He also said teams that are trying to move up are starting to walk away, prices are too high to get one of the first three picks, so a Miami trade-down is very unlikely. What do you guys think??

WE WOULD BE CRAZY NOT TO TAKE BRYLAN EDWARDS WITH THE 2ND PICK HE IS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE DRAFT I KNOW WE NEED A RB BUT RICKY WILL BE BACK AND WE CAN TAKE A RB A LITTLE LATER IN THE DRAFT I SEEN EDWARDS ON NFL NETWORK AND HE IS AWSOME MAN WE NEED THIS GUY HE WILL TAKE THE NFL BY STORM:evil: :evil: :evil:

Jnaledu3 said:
What?

Rodgers was the highest rated QB starting out this offseason. He was rated even higher than Lienart if he came out.

The guy has pinpoint accuracy, perfect mechanics, a cannon for an arm, throws on the run, an excellent field general, very smart. What else do you need?

Rodgers has a great release and good accuracy, and he also has a strong arm. But, "perfect mechanics" is not what scouts think. He holds the ball very high and that can be a problem. He needs to hold it about 8-12 inches lower. Holding it that high makes him vulnerable to fumbles when getting hit from behind (he had very good protection at Cal - not nearly as good on one of the bottom teams), or getting slapped out by a powerful DE.

They also wonder about his ability to throw well on the run. I've seen him a little and liked him a lot, but ... there are certainly question marks about him.

One thing for sure, this is a fascinating draft!

Back
Top Bottom