John Clayton says Phins will take Rodgers or R. Brown | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

John Clayton says Phins will take Rodgers or R. Brown

chelevaliente

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Just heard the news on Sportscenter, he said that if Miami couldn´t draft Alex Smith(who was the obvious pick), they will settle for either Aaron Rodgers or Ronnie Brown. He also said teams that are trying to move up are starting to walk away, prices are too high to get one of the first three picks, so a Miami trade-down is very unlikely. What do you guys think??

i watched browns interview with espn this afternoon and ive been wanting to draft this guy..many question that he wasnt the starter and so on..but when caddy got hurt one year he stepped up big time and if he was the fulltime starter last year imagine what his #s would be..everyone on espn claims hes the best back and i think we have a need there..and i think feeley deserves another shot with a new offense

I wouldnt believe what anybody says except for Saban. Nobody really knows what Saban is going to do, so i hope that nobody believes this.

i think we should take B.Edwards.He is the best player coming out of this draft.He wants to be the best.I think this guy is for real...Take edwards

Jnaledu3 said:
Take Rodgers!!

Taking Rodgers just for the sake of taking a QB is wrong. I'm not an AJ fan, but I don't think Rogers is going to be a good pro. If we stay at #2, we should take Edwards or Brown.

PhinDude88 said:
I wouldnt believe what anybody says except for Saban. Nobody really knows what Saban is going to do, so i hope that nobody believes this.

True, but it takes two to trade and I have a bad feeling the Vikings are willing to take Williams at #7 instead of trading up for Edwards. Personally, my gut is telling me to take the BPA and I think the concensus is Edwards. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of him opposite Chambers.

Steve

SCall13 said:
Taking Rodgers just for the sake of taking a QB is wrong. I'm not an AJ fan, but I don't think Rogers is going to be a good pro. If we stay at #2, we should take Edwards or Brown.

What?

Rodgers was the highest rated QB starting out this offseason. He was rated even higher than Lienart if he came out.

The guy has pinpoint accuracy, perfect mechanics, a cannon for an arm, throws on the run, an excellent field general, very smart. What else do you need?

If it comes to it, take Edwards and call the bluff. Minnesota will trade for him.

If not, what the heck, we just got the best WR in the draft and what many consider to be the best player.

Jnaledu3 said:
What?

Rodgers was the highest rated QB starting out this offseason. He was rated even higher than Lienart if he came out.

The guy has pinpoint accuracy, perfect mechanics, a cannon for an arm, throws on the run, an excellent field general, very smart. What else do you need?

Not trying to bust your chops or anything and of course we really don't know, but if what you say is true, wouldn't teams, especially those with two 1st rounders, be busting down the door to trade up and draft him?

Steve

infiltrateib said:
If it comes to it, take Edwards and call the bluff. Minnesota will trade for him.

If not, what the heck, we just got the best WR in the draft and what many consider to be the best player.

I totally agree, although I think our biggest need is RB, that would be the best move for the team.

infiltrateib said:

I like that idea also. If they don't bite, we still end up with the BPA or at least a very good player (hopefully).

Steve

John Clayton looks like E.T. I couldnt care less what he says

The only way I think that the Phins pick Rodgers is if we have the 7th pick and Edwards, Williams, Brown, Benson, Cadillac and Smith are gone.

Clayton said the Dolphins coaches are pushing for the drafting of Aaron Rodgers. I'm taking this to mean that the scouts may be pushing Ronnie Brown. It will be interesting to see who wins out. One thing is for sure. The Dolphins coaches have shown very little confidence in A.J. Feeley this offseason.

The position that makes the most sense based on the long term effects is the quarterback position.

Back
Top Bottom