John Denney Back? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

John Denney Back?

If it's not broke don't fix it. He's solid, understands the position, and can cook minute rice in 58 seconds. Glad he will be back .

Ian Greengross‏ @iangreengross
It's official the
1f410.png
(aka John Denney) is back for another year with the @MiamiDolphins. #LongSnappersArePeopleToo

Not sure this is official news or anything? Just saw it on twitter

I approve this message.

Great! Now sign Wake as well. I want him in a Dolphins uni when he goes over a hundred sacks.

I am a fan of Denney. but, at what point do you make a change? Sign a young option that actually can make it down the field and get in the returners way at least?
I can think of a least two plays where Denney made a play before the rest of the unit could make it down field. He can still run.

I can think of a least two plays where Denney made a play before the rest of the unit could make it down field. He can still run.
Yep. He’s one of the best in the business at his job. I always say too bad he wasn’t with us in 1994. He doesn’t **** up that snap on the FG try to beat SD and advance to the title game.

Last edited:
I respect and appreciated Denny's tenure with the Dolphins, but if we are tanking in 2019 why not bring in his replacement so that he may learn and "take his lumps" with the team.

Amazing that some folks are complaining about youth at center......lol

If we want to tank, we don’t need a different LS - just tell Denney to send a bunch of balls over the punter and kickers heads from time to time.

Here is the thing:

The NFL has a veteran minimum salary benefit which lowers the cap hit significantly for a player like Denney and makes him more attractive to teams. So while Miami may pay him a $1 million this year, the cap hit will likely be around $650k or so. This was a player/team benefit negotiated in the last collective bargaining agreement.

A UDFA is gonna cost $600k and tht comes with 0 experience on Sundays.

Miami will ride out Denney as long as A. He still wants to play and B. His play does not fall off a cliff.

So we are still making sentimental signings. I know it's cheap but just feels wrong for the direction of the team. I'm a nitpicker, we best not re-sign Wake or Gore.
Damn man where is your heart. That's the goat of long snapping. He should be signed to a life time contract. It's not like he sucks, and it's a very cheap signing

Back
Top Bottom