John Gruden on Ronnie Brown ! ! ! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

John Gruden on Ronnie Brown ! ! !

South Florida

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
No link.

I just can't remember where I read this today.

John Gruden was quoted as saying that Ronnie Brown is the best receiver in the draft.

Not the best receiving back. The best receiver in the draft.

South Florida said:
No link.

John Gruden was quoted as saying that Ronnie Brown is the best receiver in the draft.

Gruden is delusional if he said that. Brown is better than Edwards, Williams or White?

Was Gruden specific as to what Brown was best at receiving?

Celtkin said:
Gruden is delusional if he said that.. Brown is better than Edwards, Williams or White?

Was Gruden specific as to what Brown was best at receiving?

I think he meant that as a compliment in regards to the fact that Ronnie Brown had the best hands on Auburn's team last year. And I'm not kidding.

And I don't think he meant it like he is honestly better than any of those top receivers, he was just paying Ronnie a compliment.

JHWAUEX said:
I think he meant that as a compliment in regards to the fact that Ronnie Brown had the best hands on Auburn's team last year. And I'm not kidding.

Oh, there's no doubt about that. He has the best hands of any RB in this years draft but the best receiver in the draft? If Chuckie said that, he has some serious credibility.

South Florida said:
No link.

hard to believe...hands wise, theres 4 or 5 guys better than him

Mike Williams
Braylon Edwards
Troy Williamson
Mark Clayton
Heath Miller

Celtkin said:
Oh, there's no doubt about that. He has the best hands of any RB in this years draft but the best receiver in the draft? If Chuckie said that, he has some serious credibility.

I edited my post to clarify that ;)

Oh, there's no doubt about that. He has the best hands of any RB in this years draft but the best receiver in the draft? If Chuckie said that, he has some serious credibility

people please, take a joke for what it is, a Joke.

South Florida said:
No link.

I saw that....thought maybe it was poor writing - because it didn't explain, and he was all over the place with his thoughts/ideas.

But - it may be true that is what Gruden said - I just woundn't say for sure just from the article.

Its on GBNReport.com.

Meanwhile, Tampa Bay head coach Jon Gruden, whose Buccaneers have the 5th pick this year, still sounds like a man who’d like to have former Southern California WR Mike Williams in his lineup. According to Gruden, Williams is a “physical freak†who is a “huge talent†and a “playmakerâ€Â. And while most mock drafts around have the Buccaneers taking a RB with the #5 pick, Gruden says he’s intrigued with the notion of using a lot of 3-WR sets with Williams working with 2004 rookie sensation Michael Clayton and veteran Joey Galloway. “I wouldn’t mind that at all†says Gruden. The Buccaneers have no guarantees, however, that Williams would even be on the board when they make the 5th pick. Chicago, with the 4th pick overall, has the same dilemma as the Buccaneers – RB or WR – and could take Williams themselves. Then there is the possibility of a team like Minnesota moving up – the Vikings currently have the 7th pick overall acquired from Oakland in the Randy Moss deal – to get one of the top WRs for themselves. Gruden indicated, though, that he is also impressed with RBs Cedric Benson of Texas and Auburn’s Brown, whom he describes as the best receiver in the whole 2005 draft class ins he’s also intrigued by the physical potential of cluding the WRs.

Brown has rare recieving skills for a back. Probably the best in many years.....I am sure that is what he meant

Gruden indicated, though, that he is also impressed with RBs Cedric Benson of Texas and Auburn’s Brown, whom he describes as the best receiver in the whole 2005 draft class ins he’s also intrigued by the physical potential of cluding the WRs.

Yep, Gruden has lost it...

Back
Top Bottom