John St Clair | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

John St Clair

T tes

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Did John St. Clair improve alot to be a starter last year or was it just other players like Vernon Carey that just didnt show enough skill to be a starter and were beat out by St Clair. :confused:

St. Clairs problem since being drafted is that no team has kept him at one position for him to develop. He played well last year, he played well for the Rams the year he was their LT. Now, he started off slowly that year, but made very good progress as the year went on...the Rams problem that year was Warner breaking down and Bulger not ready to take the reins. If we keep him in the lineup, he'll do fine...Our situation is that we have a plethera (sp) of RTs and not enough LTs.

T tes said:
Did John St. Clair improve alot to be a starter last year or was it just other players like Vernon Carey that just didnt show enough skill to be a starter and were beat out by St Clair. :confused:

Sad to say but he was our best linemen last year. Vernon just got stuck behind him and the coaching staff made no effort to put him in anywhere else.
WHen Vernon did play I thought he played pretty solid.

T tes said:

St. Clair DID improve last season. He got much better with his footwork on the edge, and he's always been a powerful blocker in the running game. He was easily the best lineman on the team last year.

Too many people have been moving St. Clair and putting him on the bench when he's not the guy who needs to fear for his job. That player would be Jeno James, who was one of the worst two linemen on the team last season. Jeno better step it up in training camp, or else he may find himself on the bench.

Offensive line play is something that fans just can't get a good appreciation for. There is a lot more that goes into this than just blocking your man one on one.

KB21 said:
St. Clair DID improve last season. He got much better with his footwork on the edge, and he's always been a powerful blocker in the running game. He was easily the best lineman on the team last year.

Too many people have been moving St. Clair and putting him on the bench when he's not the guy who needs to fear for his job. That player would be Jeno James, who was one of the worst two linemen on the team last season. Jeno better step it up in training camp, or else he may find himself on the bench.

Offensive line play is something that fans just can't get a good appreciation for. There is a lot more that goes into this than just blocking your man one on one.

Wow, a fan actually said it. James was not that good last year. post of the year honors right here...btw, i totally agree..

KB21 said:

The worst being? McKinney? Whitley? Smith? Dude I would not be so low in Jeno I liked him better than any of the above, I liked him better than Intosh, I just dont bash McIntosh cause of his injury.

Joey 22 said:
The worst being? McKinney? Whitley? Smith? Dude I would not be so low in Jeno I liked him better than any of the above, I liked him better than Intosh, I just dont bash McIntosh cause of his injury.

all I can say is I liked kb21's post, that my word and I'm sticking to it..:cooldude:

He surely was disappointing compared to expectations, actually the MOST disappointing, though not the worst player. We where all expecting Whitley, McKinney to suck and Smith and McIntosh to struggle, but Jeno was supposed tolead this line, for what he fell vastly short. So yes my judgement is that he was the biggest dissapointment but not the worst guy.

Joey 22 said:
He surely was disappointing compared to expectations, actually the MOST disappointing, though not the worst player. We where all expecting Whitley, McKinney to suck and Smith and McIntosh to struggle, but Jeno was supposed tolead this line, for what he fell vastly short. So yes my judgement is that he was the biggest dissapointment but not the worst guy.

The thing is, neither McKinney nor Whitley were as bad as the fans want to make them out to be.

T tes said:

He was a center in college. He should have remained an interior lineman. In St. Louis injury problems along the O-line prompted them to switch him to tackle where he didnt distinguish himself very well. In fact, the fans used to call him the turnstile.

Back
Top Bottom