John Tait and jeno James offered a contract by Fins. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

John Tait and jeno James offered a contract by Fins.

Can we win a SB

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Jeno james is almost done signing, just finishing some minor details of the contract.. Also in the miami herald web page, it is believed that the dolphins had also offered Tait an offer and it could be signed by today probably.. Great news, I think we messed up losing Woody, but we are doing better. I like the combination of james, tait, and maybe coleman for right guard. good job dolphins.. well im out to school see ya..

Linkage

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/8110299.htm

While no agreement on an offer sheet was signed by Tait on Thursday, the club is optimistic about signing him -- perhaps as early as today -- and that would start the clock on the Kansas City Chiefs, who would have seven days to match the offer if they want to retain the 6-6, 323-pound lineman.

NFL Players Association sources said in order to make the contract difficult for the Chiefs to match, it might have to combine a hefty signing bonus and a high base salary in the first year of the deal. Miami's guaranteed money is expected to easily exceed $10 million.

The talks with Tait were so serious that agent Ethan Lock flew to South Florida to personally negotiate with the Dolphins.

Dolphins coach Dave Wannstedt and general manager Rick Spielman met Tait at the airport at midnight Wednesday, and the team spent the entire day with him

From what I've been reading this morning

Originally posted by Surferosa
Linkage

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/8110299.htm

While no agreement on an offer sheet was signed by Tait on Thursday, the club is optimistic about signing him -- perhaps as early as today -- and that would start the clock on the Kansas City Chiefs, who would have seven days to match the offer if they want to retain the 6-6, 323-pound lineman.

NFL Players Association sources said in order to make the contract difficult for the Chiefs to match, it might have to combine a hefty signing bonus and a high base salary in the first year of the deal. Miami's guaranteed money is expected to easily exceed $10 million.

The talks with Tait were so serious that agent Ethan Lock flew to South Florida to personally negotiate with the Dolphins.

Dolphins coach Dave Wannstedt and general manager Rick Spielman met Tait at the airport at midnight Wednesday, and the team spent the entire day with him

We pretty much lost Woody to Detroit and Tait to Chicago. So who else can we sign?

Woody is supposed to come in today. If he likes what he sees then I think the phins call Tait to firm up his offer. If he doesn't then they make a big offer to Woody. I think their #1 pick now is Tait but if he wont commit they will use that money for Woody and get another tackle for less money

why dont we want until they both have signed contracts to give up on them what do u think? man i hate dolphin fans when they just give up beccausae everyhting is not goin their way :yell: :fire: :angry:

Originally posted by dolphindiehard
Woody is supposed to come in today. If he likes what he sees then I think the phins call Tait to firm up his offer. If he doesn't then they make a big offer to Woody. I think their #1 pick now is Tait but if he wont commit they will use that money for Woody and get another tackle for less money

I read on another post this morning that Detroit is not going to let Woody leave the city without a contract. We should have done the same thing with Tait. If, by chance, Woody does come today, we better do the same. Not let him leave without a contract - a big one too.

Re: From what I've been reading this morning

Originally posted by njfinfan

We pretty much lost Woody to Detroit and Tait to Chicago. So who else can we sign?

What exactly in the article made you believe that Tait is on his way to Chicago?? :confused:

I'm not giving up

Originally posted by PATSSUCK
why dont we want until they both have signed contracts to give up on them what do u think? man i hate dolphin fans when they just give up beccausae everyhting is not goin their way :yell: :fire: :angry:

merely posting what I've read. I'm hoping they both get good contracts, but I'm reading otherwise.

Re: Re: From what I've been reading this morning

Originally posted by Surferosa

What exactly in the article made you believe that Tait is on his way to Chicago?? :confused:

I'll get you the link as soon as I find it.

At this point I'm gonna quote Socrates(sp?) "I only know that I don't know anything"

I don't know what's going on anymore. Every 2 minutes I get different views. I guess we'll have to wait till anything is official. I'm still hoping for James and Tait. I don't see us getting 3 o-linemen free agents. I only see us getting 2 and then probably a corner too.The 3rd new starter on the o-line will have to come from the draft imo.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom