John Wendling Article and 66" High Jump | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

John Wendling Article and 66" High Jump

Most WR jump in the 40'' range. Do you know how crazy (if not impossible) a 66'' is? Thats just flat out crazy

what he is doing isnt a 66 inch verticle, its a 66 inch hurdle. the verticle would be 66 inches from his raised arm standing to the top of his hand at the high point of his jump

Most WR jump in the 40'' range. Do you know how crazy (if not impossible) a 66'' is? Thats just flat out crazy

I'd love to see a 66" verticle but it's not going to happen

as for the high jump the world record last time I looked was 96.5 inches

Maybe in 2020 but not right now. The biggest verticals i've seen are around 47" and that is ridiculously high.

Just to make it a bit easier to see.

[youtube]K0P-22hhrW4[/youtube]

Very impressive feat considering that the jump took place after he had already gone through a full workout. Just sick athletic ability!

As for John Wendling the safety, I saw some of his Combine workout coverage, and I'm not sure he would be a fit on our team. I think the guy has the intelligence and the football instincts to play in the NFL, but he seems a little stiff in the hips, and he has more long speed than quickness. I think he would do well playing near the line of scrimmage, but he would struggle if asked to cover over the top. I think this guy is either going to be like John Lynch or take a more unfortunate turn and become like Adam Archuleta. Lynch was never fast, but his football IQ made up for physical speed, and he learned to play effectively in the box and out in space. Archuleta on the other hand is completely lost when you move him more than 5 yards from the line of scrimmage.

Back
Top Bottom