Jon Asamoah & Geoff Schwartz | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jon Asamoah & Geoff Schwartz

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score
KC has 16 FA's, and I can't see them keeping both RG's who basically split the season in playing time last season. Here's the run down on both.

Asamoah (25)- He played 682 snaps, got injured half way into last year and after missing a game or 2 could not get his job back. He played 397 snaps on the pass with a grade of 5.4 and 1 sack, 0 hits, 13 hurries. On the run he had a grade of +1 and a -0.5 on screens.

In 2012, he played 1022 snaps, a pass grade of 3.7 and 3- 2- 18. On the run a grade of 8.0.

Schwarts (28)- He played 632 snaps after taking over in the second half. He had 395 snaps on the pass, with a grade of 6-8 and 2 sacs, 2 hits, 9 hurries. On the run he had a grade of 8.9 and a 2.5 on screens.

In 2012, he plays only 160 snaps for Minny, pass grade of 0.4 and 5.1 on the run.

To compare, last year Jerry played 1028 snaps, 681 n the pass with a 6.8 grade and 5- 4- 16. On the run a -10.4.

I defer to others on their fit in our ZBS, although it would be better than Jerry on the run.

KC isn't the greatest in cap space either and it would almost be impossible to keep both.

I like Asamoah and he has been on my FA radar since the beginning of the season. He's pretty athletic and moves well laterally and should fit well in the ZBS.

Schwartz played very well with a high grade on screen pass blocks but, somewhat like Collins, there is only a half a year to base an opinion.

I want to bring in cheap YOUNG players, not stop gap vets. I would like Asamoah.

I want to bring in cheap YOUNG players, not stop gap vets. I would like Asamoah.

He would be my first choice as well but, Schwartz at 28 would be more than a stop gap, and a good second option.

you can manufacture G's. Not big on FA G's. we've been down that road before.

you can manufacture G's. Not big on FA G's. we've been down that road before.

I normally would agree but, we have not and, ther than maybe Brenner, don't see any who will be ready this year.

Back
Top Bottom