Jon Kitna | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jon Kitna

phinphanbill

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of talk about free agent veteran QBs, but little about Jon Kitna who is expected to be released by Cincinnati to make room for Carson Palmer.

Would you guys be interested? He made Chad Johnson look pretty good (not that he would be a stiff without Kitna). Plus, he'd be an upgrade over the Fiedler/Griese situation we have right now. We could sign him to be the QB for a year or two until this year's (or next year's) draft pick is prepared to take over the reins.

Your thoughts?

I dont see that as a bad band-aid for our QB situation. He put up decent numbers in cincy, he had a nice corp of receivers, and with the exception of Baltimore the defenses are relativly weak in that division. So that might have been the reason for that, but I like it.
:up:

Why does everyone get excited about a QB who's only had 1 decent 8-game stretch in his entire career?

Signing Kitna would be be a bigger gamble than anyone else out there.

No, we either need a proven Pro Bowler (Mark Brunell, or a miracle in ggetting Peyton Manning) or we need to make a move and draft Ben Rothesberger or Eli Manning....EOS

Or we upgrade the rest of our O, keep Jay, draft a young QB and move on.

Originally posted by Rebar71
Why does everyone get excited about a QB who's only had 1 decent 8-game stretch in his entire career?

Signing Kitna would be be a bigger gamble than anyone else out there.

no his stats have really improved over the last 2 seasons. can it be the system wasn't right in Seattle with Erickson? or whatever his name is...

I'd certainly hope he could improve on a 61.1 season rating.

I just don't think he's anything to get excited about and too much of risk for a team that wants to win now.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=4157

That schedule looks pretty soft - and it looks to me like he's very eratic. He had some stellar games against a couple of good defenses; and he threw in some stinkers against a few bad defenses.

I dunno...

Last edited by a moderator:
I SAY WE SIGN BRUNELL ,DRAFT A QB IN THIS YEARS DRAFT WITH ONE OF THE FIRST ROUND PICKS THEN GET RID OF FEIDLER , AND IF WE CAN'T SIGN BRUNELL TEHN WE KEEP FEIDLER JUST LONG ENOUGH TO SEE WHAT SAGE ROSENFELS CAN DO AND IF HE PANS OUT THEN GET RID OF FEIDLER ... THEN WE'LL HAVE TWO YOUNG QB'S THAT CAN PLAY . YOU SAY WHAT ABOUT OUR THIRD STRING RESIGN FEIDLER AT A MUCH LOWER SALARY AND MAKE HIM 2 ND STRING AND THE ROOKIE 3RD STRING .....:D

Originally posted by mike_vee
I SAY WE SIGN BRUNELL ,DRAFT A QB IN THIS YEARS DRAFT WITH ONE OF THE FIRST ROUND PICKS THEN GET RID OF FEIDLER , AND IF WE CAN'T SIGN BRUNELL TEHN WE KEEP FEIDLER JUST LONG ENOUGH TO SEE WHAT SAGE ROSENFELS CAN DO AND IF HE PANS OUT THEN GET RID OF FEIDLER ... THEN WE'LL HAVE TWO YOUNG QB'S THAT CAN PLAY . YOU SAY WHAT ABOUT OUR THIRD STRING RESIGN FEIDLER AT A MUCH LOWER SALARY AND MAKE HIM 2 ND STRING AND THE ROOKIE 3RD STRING .....:D

Brunnell is a shell of his former self... people live in the past and still claim he can do things he can't any longer. he was a choke artist then, and nothing has changed. he was talented, and has slipped a LOT. look at his 2003 games.. one 135 QB rating and close to the bottom 60's in his last 2...

Kitna would not be an upgrade over Fiedler. In fact, they are almost clones.

Back
Top Bottom