Jonathan Welsh | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jonathan Welsh

Joey 22

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Not many people have talked about this guy, he played in Wisconsin alongside with Erasmus James and Antajj Hawthorne, as a LE, very productive by himself though not being in the QBs blindside he still managed to get some impressive #s he is 6-3 1/4 and 244 pounds, undersized for a pro DE but huge for a LB, kinda like what Saban its supposed to look for, though being BIG he runs a 4.51 40, very impressive huh? Many say that his production was aided because of Ware and Hawthorne getting all the attention, and thats a knock on him, but I find that irrelevant, actually if anything Im marveled by him being scouted and coached by the same guy than the other two guys. The other knock on him is not having the wheight to play DE, though he can gain some plus he can play OLB on Sabans scheme, for an OLB his knock is that he has no expierence as an OLB and that he may not have the patience to be a LB, he may overpuirsuit thinking he is chasing a lead footed QB and not a WR or RB, but he can be thought by our D coord who is nothing but a great LB groomer and Seau and Thomas. And in the meanwhile he can produce as situational pass rusher. Its just that in the 5th round you cant ignore a 6-3 1/4 244 pounds athlete who runs a 4.51.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that Welsh would be a good fit here as a LB, but Finsnchips is right, Ware played at Troy St not Wisconsin.

finsnchips said:
Erasmus James.

DeMarcus Ware played at Troy.

Im sorry similar guys and though not similar names its still a common mistake, Ill edit.

Well due to the number of views I know this hasnt been replied due to not being seen since everyone is stuck in other threads, so I guess a little bump is fair if anyone has any input on this guy, I would like to hear it.

Back
Top Bottom