Jones Is Not A Cover Safety!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jones Is Not A Cover Safety!!

Nobody is taking a 30+ SS with that cap hit. Gotta either release him and eat the hit (something this team LOVES to rationalize) or let the contract play out while his performance goes down and salary goes up. This is some next level genius stuff we have going on in the fins FO. It hurts to think about.

But yes, take any offer to get that off the books. These are the contracts that make it so hard to build a team and why the cap is in such bad shape.
And yet some people want to keep our FO the way it is

Even at 30 years old, he's still one of the best safeties in the league. The thought of replacing him with a Michael Thomas or Walt Aikens is a joke.
Nobody said anything about replacing him with Aikens(Thomas is not even on the team) but TJM and Minkah should be fine back there for way less money.

He's played there some. He started and played there one game and looked pretty lost TBH. Also even if what you're saying is right then it still remains valid that he hasnt proven he can do it yet. All of that said however I agree I'd rather have him there rather than Jones or mcnonald... I've been saying that since day 1.

Exactly, MF hasn't proven he can yet...but Jones and TJ have proven they CAN'T. So I'll take my chances. I kind of wish they would play him there the rest of the season so get some experience.

Even at 30 years old, he's still one of the best safeties in the league. The thought of replacing him with a Michael Thomas or Walt Aikens is a joke.
you realize Thomas plays for the giants right? we need to draft one, or bring in a fa

Why do we tend to overrate our better players? Jones sucks (kidding) just like Vernon sucked (not kidding).

He will be cut after June 1st.Just like Suh last year.

As much as everyone wants Minkah to play FS,me included,he is probably locked in at CB.Plus the fact the SlimmJr said(pretty sure) Minkah doesn't want to play FS.

McDonald when used right is much better plus cheaper and younger.

Back
Top Bottom