Jordan Howard career highlights | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jordan Howard career highlights

I changed the name to reflect what was in this thread

It the future please be more specific brother. Thanks for posting

he reminds me a lot of ricky williams running style, power with vision, I also like his receiving skills, nice tandem Howard Breida
I'm not saying he can't catch at all, but his weakness is easily his receiving skills. He has issues with drops and as a route runner.

He has the third most rushing yards since he entered the league. If he was even close to average as a receiver he easily could be a perennial pro bowler and feature back.

I know he has worked very hard on this part of his game in past off seasons, but he's never been able to put it together yet.

Last edited:
Was so weird to see him phased out of Chicago.
Especially after 2 years, 2,400 yards and 15 TDs.
Guess Nagy preferred Cohen's big play ability over the power run game.

I really liked this guy in Chicago. He seems to have dropped off since then but he can still move the chains. The running game went from a weakness to a strength this offseason.

Was so weird to see him phased out of Chicago.
Especially after 2 years, 2,400 yards and 15 TDs.
Guess Nagy preferred Cohen's big play ability over the power run game.
“He’s proven that he's done that (being a bell-cow back) so that's for sure, he can do that,” coach Matt Nagy said. “In this offense I think it's more game specific as to whether or not you need that. Again, you want to be able to have multi-dimensional backs, meaning a guy that can run the football and maybe his strength is running and not a route runner. Or you have a guy that's vice versa.

“When you have a multitude of guys that can do those things, one of the things I believe in is trying to really hone in on what their weaknesses are or what we perceive their weaknesses to be. For each player then we try to really work on that right now in the offseason. We all know he can run the football and he fits well in this offense.”

He's not being direct here, but you can read between the lines. This does not sound like a coach that is overly excited to be working with the first Bears RB to start his career with back to back 1,000 yard seasons.

Nagy's ideal RB is more versatile. Nagy had great success with the Kareem Hunt the year before, who was a significantly better receiving option. Regardless of talent, that is the style of RB he wants.

Howard's ground and pound style game was never going to mesh well. It is very unsurprising that his year with Nagy was his worst season.

Last edited:
he reminds me a lot of ricky williams running style, power with vision, I also like his receiving skills, nice tandem Howard Breida
i was about to say the same thing. A slower version of ricky. ricky had more burst. really good balance and vision. i really like this signing, and with Breida.... man thats a good 1 2 punch

I really liked this guy in Chicago. He seems to have dropped off since then but he can still move the chains. The running game went from a weakness to a strength this offseason.
He was having a pretty good year in philly before the injuries. 4.4 a carry, 525 yds, 6tds in 10 games, on a team with a committee i would say that is pretty good.

We got a good power and goal line back and a speedster.

Great but next year we need a game changer early in the draft IMO

Howard/Breida is such an underrated combo. Excited to see what they can do. Laird/Gaskin will probably end up 3/4. Will be interesting to see if we bring in anyone else. I see Ballage being shown the door.

i was about to say the same thing. A slower version of ricky. ricky had more burst. really good balance and vision. i really like this signing, and with Breida.... man thats a good 1 2 punch
I agree he doesn't have great speed but he has great vision and some real power. I'm just hoping the OL will be better this year to help the RB's and QB needs.

Back
Top Bottom