Jordan Howard released | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jordan Howard released

Probably a good sign Breida will be back soon.

Ahmed
Breida
Gaskin
Washington

Not the worst thing in the world, but still need a bruiser for short distances

Yeah, not a lot of power in that group...Line better start opening holes.

It's the best thing for the best thing for everyone. He wasn't going to get any playing time. And he was just taking up a roster spot. Maybe he will have better luck elsewhere.

Probably a good sign Breida will be back soon.

Ahmed
Breida
Gaskin
Washington

Not the worst thing in the world, but still need a bruiser for short distances
How so? Is there dead money involved? How about the hit for 2021?
No all the guaranteed money was this year. The 2021 money wasn't guaranteed.

20/20 my ***. During the draft I wanted them to draft a RB. They had a chance to get Jonathan Taylor in Rd 2 but went with Robert Hunt. Taylor went 2 picks later.

Dobbins went a pick before their 3rd rounder. Edwards-Helaire was there late 1st round yet they went Igbinoghene. Swift went 3 picks after EH so again they had a chance there.
To be fair the only pick that kinda has me concerned from last years top 3 rounds is Igbo. I am totally on a high from the other picks, Tua, Jackson, Hunt, Davis, Kindly were all great picks. I would argue all were more important that getting a RB.

I also don't think any of these backs are on par with Saquan or McCaffrey and if im using a top pick on a RB I want a generational talent, although I think this 2020 draft class is very solid at RB, none of them are earth shattering IMO.

Its a sad but true reality, Running Backs have a very small window of being dominant. Look at Zeke this year, about 5 years in and he's fallen off a cliff athleticly speaking. Its very rare to see a RB dominate for a long period of time. Couple things account for this, injuries and constant wear and tear slowly diminishes your athletic ability. And Fresher legs are constantly coming into the league. As more colleges use pro style offenses, its very easy to draft a new RB in the draft. And alot of time you don't need to use a high pick to get a very solid runner. I think we draft one next year and I can't wait to see who it is.

Back to Igbo, I havnt noticed him get on the field at all lately. Am I just not seeing him or has he been totally benched?

To be fair the only pick that kinda has me concerned from last years top 3 rounds is Igbo. I am totally on a high from the other picks, Tua, Jackson, Hunt, Davis, Kindly were all great picks. I would argue all were more important that getting a RB.

I also don't think any of these backs are on par with Saquan or McCaffrey and if im using a top pick on a RB I want a generational talent, although I think this 2020 draft class is very solid at RB, none of them are earth shattering IMO.

Its a sad but true reality, Running Backs have a very small window of being dominant. Look at Zeke this year, about 5 years in and he's fallen off a cliff athleticly speaking. Its very rare to see a RB dominate for a long period of time. Couple things account for this, injuries and constant wear and tear slowly diminishes your athletic ability. And Fresher legs are constantly coming into the league. As more colleges use pro style offenses, its very easy to draft a new RB in the draft. And alot of time you don't need to use a high pick to get a very solid runner. I think we draft one next year and I can't wait to see who it is.

Back to Igbo, I havnt noticed him get on the field at all lately. Am I just not seeing him or has he been totally benched?
I wouldn't be overly concerned with Noah yet. You can call it dumb to draft a project at #30, but there wasn't a bigger 1st round project than Iggy.

He's the youngest player in the league. Still only 20 years old. And he only played CB for 2 years.

I'm a little concerned too. He has sucked in the chances he's had, but he's simply too young and inexperienced. Drafting a player like that in the 1st is highly questionable, but so is trying to conclusively evaluate them this early.

But let's pretend Iggy is a complete bust. We had 7 picks in the first 4 rounds, and he's the only one that isn't contributing. That's a very successful class already. Now imagine if he does live up to the expectations.

Back
Top Bottom