****Jordan Love Super Thread**** | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Jordan Love Super Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Herberts tools will do plenty of selling.

but I can’t see him going before tua. So I think 3 to 7 is a safe bet.

If Miami does not take one of the top 3 QBs at #5, then at 18, I would have no problem if they took Love, but if they took him at 5, I would be extremely upset.

Someone that threw as many INTs this year as Love did should not expect to be top 10, let alone top 5. Considering also at the Senior Bowl, Only Herbert looked worthy to be a top 10, maybe top 5 player, I can not even consider Love top 10.

On the other hand if at the Combine, and private workout Love does enough to intrigue Teams he is worthy of top 10, then a slight maybe, but no way is he top 5...Herbert who has looked WORLDS better then Love is not a gimme to get in the top 10, even with many having him go to the Chargers.

Herbert who has looked WORLDS better then Love is not a gimme to get in the top 10
you should take a look back at the QBs that have gone top 10 over the last decade. justin herbert with that arm talent is an absolute lock.

If Herbert has a great combine, both the athletic and interview process, he could end up being taken a lot earlier than ppl expected a couple months ago.

I wouldn't be disappointed at all if we took him at 5, assuming he has his head screwed on tight.

there’s no need for ifs on Herberts combine. He’s gonna run 4.7 flat or better he’s gonna throw rockets with jaw drop velocity all over the place assuming he throws and he’s gonna leave the combine with nfl folks talking about him in the “most physically gifted qb prospect in the last 20 years”

basically he’s gonna build on his senior bowl momentum.

I can't believe Love would go that high.He looked pretty good at the Senior bowl but not sp great to shoot into the Top 5.He would have to blow away the Combine workout for a team to fall that in love with him.

Some compare him to Mahomes, but he is NOT Mahomes right now.

I like him as a prospect and would be OK with him at 18(if Tua can't be had)but he is a "redshirt" candidate who may need more than one year to be ready.

I doubt he’ll be there at 18

you should take a look back at the QBs that have gone top 10 over the last decade. justin herbert with that arm talent is an absolute lock.
I quickly looked over the past few years, and I see, on average, between 2 and 3 QBs per year selected in the top 10.

Rarely are more than 3 taken.

As Herbert is presumably the 3rd highest rated prospect, and as you say has great "measurables", he will likely go top 10.

5 what? 5th round? Steal. 5th overall? Draft room is on bath salts.

have you looked at his 2018 year? If that was this year he’d be a top ten pick... there were a lot of factors that played into his play this year, including an incredible loss of talent surrounding him

All you guys that think you can wait for a QB just don't understand how this works. If you don't think Love is "worthy" of the 5th pick but he is "worthy" of pick 18 and wait until then, you are going to come up empty at the QB position. There are just WAY too many QB needy teams between pick #5 and pick #18. If you miss on Tua and Love is your next guy, you don't di*k around, and you take him at 5.

If Miami does not take one of the top 3 QBs at #5, then at 18, I would have no problem if they took Love, but if they took him at 5, I would be extremely upset.

Someone that threw as many INTs this year as Love did should not expect to be top 10, let alone top 5. Considering also at the Senior Bowl, Only Herbert looked worthy to be a top 10, maybe top 5 player, I can not even consider Love top 10.

On the other hand if at the Combine, and private workout Love does enough to intrigue Teams he is worthy of top 10, then a slight maybe, but no way is he top 5...Herbert who has looked WORLDS better then Love is not a gimme to get in the top 10, even with many having him go to the Chargers.
Lol.. have you seen Marinos stats his senior year at Pitt

have you looked at his 2018 year? If that was this year he’d be a top ten pick... there were a lot of factors that played into his play this year, including an incredible loss of talent surrounding him

Funny, same thing can be said about Fromm, yet many on this forum wouldn't consider Fromm before the second or third round. And Fromm played in a much stronger conference. Jordan Love is athletic but IMHO doesn't possess the accuracy and processing capabilities it takes to be a QB1 in the NFL.

I agree, but for whatever reason the stock on him is not as high as it should be.

All you guys that think you can wait for a QB just don't understand how this works. If you don't think Love is "worthy" of the 5th pick but he is "worthy" of pick 18 and wait until then, you are going to come up empty at the QB position. There are just WAY too many QB needy teams between pick #5 and pick #18. If you miss on Tua and Love is your next guy, you don't di*k around, and you take him at 5.
I don't think it's as black and white as you are making it out to be.

Assuming Love would be the 4th QB taken, that means 3 are already gone.

In that scenario, it's very likely you could trade down a few spots without risk of someone taking him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom