****Jordan Love Super Thread**** | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Jordan Love Super Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, in the span of 2 posts you go from "I just watched a highlight video of Love and he looks great!" to "I've seen enough of Jordan Love to believe that they could be special."

A lot of research went into that opinion, it seems. 20 TD 17 INT. You'd think all that talent would translate into actual production.
I get a kick out of people who watch a few minutes of a players highlight film and then decide that player is great. They obviously don’t realize that highlight films are put out to show only the positive plays that particular player had. You never see a highlight film of all the negative plays that player had during the season.

I think Love would be a terrible pick for the Dolphins but he might work out for a team which has an OC who has a history of developing young QB’s. Gailey has not had success in his career developing younger QB’s. He has always preferred the veteran QB on the team. That is why I was extremely surprised that Flores selected him as the OC. With Rosen already on the roster and a possible QB coming to the team in he draft, I thought Flores would opt to bring in a OC who has had success developing young QB’s. Instead he hired Gailey who had Fitzpatrick as his starting QB in his last job with the Jets.

I was hoping Fitzpatrick would decide to retire because I thought him coming back next year will do nothing for the Dolphins long term and he will only be taking snaps that Rosen or the QB they draft should be taking. I see zero benefit by having Fitzpatrick as the starting QB in 2020. They should hire him as a QB coach or let him be the third string QB to mentor the younger QB but he should definely not be the starting QB. iMO.

A better way of thinking is put Burrow or TUA or Herbert on the Utah State team. Would they be top 5 picks this year?
I believe all of the three you mentioned would have had a better season than Love because all of them are much better QB’s than Love.

have you looked at his 2018 year? If that was this year he’d be a top ten pick... there were a lot of factors that played into his play this year, including an incredible loss of talent surrounding him

Yea he did well in 2018. I've read up on him and he did lose talent around him. And the draft is about projecting and not always about stats in college. What has concerned me is his decision making at times. Maybe it was just due to less talent and him being young and wanting to make a play that just wasn't there. Trying for a play that just wasn't there or his receiver just didn't have the ability to win a contested catch.

I'm sure plenty will see the 2018 Love as the guy moving forward and the 2019 Love was a guy void of talent on his wings that can be coached to make better decisions in the pros.

He has the size, arm and mobility you want.
My comment about 5th overall was probably too harsh of a joke but I just feel you could move back a bit and still draft him. Now, he may light up the combine, kill interviews and now he's an easy top 6 pick.

So I watched some film, did not read whole thread, but did anyone else notice he throws off his back foot even in a completely clean pocket.

#5 is too high for Love - he's not ready to start games yet in the NFL and has some issues to work through.

However, #5 is also too high for any other quarterback in this draft other than a healthy Tua in my opinion. There are guys available like Joe Burrow that are more ready to come in and start as rookies - but in the long run are just not going to be elite players.

After #5 is the Chargers who need a QB, Carolina, Jax, Raiders, Buc's and Colts. No way he gets to 18. While you normally only have 3 in the first round (quoting an earlier post) I see this year as different. Love doesn't make it out of the top 10. I think #5 is too high, but there is LAC there who are purported to really like the guy. I originally though to trade #18 and a second to get back up to draft him, I don't think that works now.

The kid has the highest ceiling I think. I try not to get so down on his Sr year bc he lost everything. Lost his coaches and all of his targets. I think he tried to do too much and it hurt him. 5 is too high. The kid is a talent though
The ball flies out of his hand, and he is an athlete. If we took him with a later first I would not be upset. But he won't even last to 18

I'm not taking Love in the 1st round. Great arm and throwing motion, but can't see the field, especially the short zone coverage guys. I believe its easier to teach mechanics than it is to teach awareness/instincts, and Love needs the latter. I'm not saying Love won't succeed in the NFL, but I am saying he's more of a project than people think.

Also, we have traded away top talent (Minkah Fitzpatrick, Laremy Tunsil, etc) to secure ammo to draft a franchise QB. I don't see Grier risking the franchise rebuild on a risky Jordan Love.

Take Love over Hebert. His QB skills are better. Put Hebert on Utah State and he's not a first round pick.

Take Love over Hebert. His QB skills are better. Put Hebert on Utah State and he's not a first round pick.
Actually based on how ineffective Love was at Utah State last season, he should probably be a 5th or 6th round pick based on his performance.

The reality is if you had put Burrow, Tua, or any of the top tier QB’s on Utah State last year none of them would have looked like a first round pick. The talent on the Utah State offense was poor and I don’t care how great a QB you might be. If the rest of the offensive players around you are not good, you are not going to have much success.

Actually based on how ineffective Love was at Utah State last season, he should probably be a 5th or 6th round pick based on his performance.

The reality is if you had put Burrow, Tua, or any of the top tier QB’s on Utah State last year none of them would have looked like a first round pick. The talent on the Utah State offense was poor and I don’t care how great a QB you might be. If the rest of the offensive players around you are not good, you are not going to have much success.
He was pretty good in 2018 which is the whole thing with Love. GMs have to decide which was the real Love, 2018 or 2019.

Arm strength doesn’t hinder some of the better QBs in the league. It’s not gonna Hinder joe burrow either

he’s too mature in almost every other facet of the game to have something like arm strength be the reason he doesn’t pan out.

too smart, too intuitive. He’s gonna he a fine QB in the Nfl
Honestly, I’m pretty sure the most likely reason for his failure would have to do with ending up in Cincinnati.

There is still going to be a lot of draft stock rising and falling between now and the end of April. I wouldn’t be surprised if half the people currently saying “absolutely not” were all in on Love at 5 by the time the decision has to be made.

Honestly, I’m pretty sure the most likely reason for his failure would have to do with ending up in Cincinnati.

Yeah, I get amused every year with a bottom team thinking their new QB will turn them into a playoff contender. History shows that's unlikely. Bad coaching can not be underestimated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom