****Jordan Love Super Thread**** | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Jordan Love Super Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.

gfish24

Rookie
Reaction score
Just wanted to get some thoughts on this. If this past year was his 2018 year I think he’d be in the top 10. This year he lost a lot of talent at Utah and I think there are some legit reasons for his decline in play.... I love Tua but the injury history makes me hesitant.... and I wouldn’t want to lose picks to move up and get him

I would love to hear peoples opinions on love especially ones that have studied his play as I am not real familiar with him. From what I have learned he is quite a talent but a project.

There's alot out there right now on Love.

Good and bad. Just seen a cut up on him against Wake Forest.

I can't believe Love would go that high.He looked pretty good at the Senior bowl but not sp great to shoot into the Top 5.He would have to blow away the Combine workout for a team to fall that in love with him.

Some compare him to Mahomes, but he is NOT Mahomes right now.

I like him as a prospect and would be OK with him at 18(if Tua can't be had)but he is a "redshirt" candidate who may need more than one year to be ready.

I can't believe Love would go that high.He looked pretty good at the Senior bowl but not sp great to shoot into the Top 5.He would have to blow away the Combine workout for a team to fall that in love with him.

Some compare him to Mahomes, but he is NOT Mahomes right now.

I like him as a prospect and would be OK with him at 18(if Tua can't be had)but he is a "redshirt" candidate who may need more than one year to be ready.
High ceiling iyo? Not really much difference in 5 or 18 (I know there is but in the scheme of things not too big a difference when it comes to a QB with above talent)

He might have had a chance if he killed the whole pre draft process. He had an okay Senior Bowl week, just was inconsistent throughout the week which kind of stabilized him as a prospect. He is still a first rounder but at the end of the first wave of QBs. Has a chance to shine at the combine and workouts but a still see him as QB4, biggest thing for me isnt his production in his senior year as he lost his entire receiving core, 2/3rds of his coaching staff and 80% of his offensive line. It is he had off the field stuff in Logan Utah, what will happen when he is in Miami with every distraction in the world and millions of dollars.

He might have had a chance if he killed the whole pre draft process. He had an okay Senior Bowl week, just was inconsistent throughout the week which kind of stabilized him as a prospect. He is still a first rounder but at the end of the first wave of QBs. Has a chance to shine at the combine and workouts but a still see him as QB4, biggest thing for me isnt his production in his senior year as he lost his entire receiving core, 2/3rds of his coaching staff and 80% of his offensive line. It is he had off the field stuff in Logan Utah, what will happen when he is in Miami with every distraction in the world and millions of dollars.
To be fair, he and a couple of other guys were cited for pot - nothing major. But having lived in Miami and now currently residing in Logan Utah myself, I can definitely say that your point stands.
I’ve always seen him as a day two qb who will likely be drafted on day one because he’s a qb. Too much of a gamble for top 5 IMO.

I would love to hear peoples opinions on love especially ones that have studied his play as I am not real familiar with him. From what I have learned he is quite a talent but a project.

I would say, as a very broad statement, his 2018 film is the better thing to look at. His statistical regression this year can be attributed largely (I think) to everything that went on around him. So many changes and just not a lot of remaining weapons. As far as ability goes, yes his ceiling is very high. You don't have to watch much of him to see what would get a scout excited.

Missed this post before I posted my response and I think you hit on everything and more. If Miami does for some reason not pick a QB at 5 or higher, then I think he's a serious consideration with one of those other two picks should he be there. I guess it comes down to whether the regime feels his issues are correctable with coaching and normal development or if they are more fundamental. I would say his 2018 film indicates there's a lot of positives to work with there.

He’s a project but if we think he can be a franchise qb and prefer him over whoever is available than I’m fine with taking him at 5 because I don’t think he’ll be available at 18. There are a lot of qb needy teams. That being said, I would prefer Tua even if we have to trade up.

He’s a project but if we think he can be a franchise qb and prefer him over whoever is available than I’m fine with taking him at 5 because I don’t think he’ll be available at 18. There are a lot of qb needy teams. That being said, I would prefer Tua even if we have to trade up.
I think 5 is too high for him, but agree he may be gone at 18.

On the other hand, if our staff prefers him over Herbert, they could probably trade either up, or down, and get him around 10-15 range.

Not saying that would be my choice, but it's plausible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom