****Jordan Love Super Thread**** | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Jordan Love Super Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol.. have you seen Marinos stats his senior year at Pitt

Your comparing Marino to Love?

Marino was thought to be a very good talented QB that had a off year.

Love is talented QB that with the right team could be good to very good, but he will never, ever, ever be Dan Marino.

Of all of them the hardest one for me to gauge is burrow but I’m just gonna assume he goes at 1.

if he didn’t though I don’t know where he falls.

I’m convinced tua goes by pick 2 and 5 worst case. And I’m convinced Herbert doesn’t get out of the top 7
I'm perplexed by Burrow a little also. I know TedSlim has doubts about him, and that does give me pause, but he does so many things that I like that should translate to the NFL. I love the way he feels pressure and is able to maneuver in the pocket and he is athletic enough to take off and hurt the defense with his legs when things break down. I also think he has great accuracy. I get the concerns about his arm strength, but it looks adequate enough to me. I read somewhere that he reminds them of Kurt Warner and I can see that. I think Burrow is more athletic than that though. I also can see the upside of a kid like Jordan Love, but he would probably be my third choice after Tua and Burrow. But if I was in charge, I would be doing everything in my power to land Tua.

All you guys that think you can wait for a QB just don't understand how this works. If you don't think Love is "worthy" of the 5th pick but he is "worthy" of pick 18 and wait until then, you are going to come up empty at the QB position. There are just WAY too many QB needy teams between pick #5 and pick #18. If you miss on Tua and Love is your next guy, you don't di*k around, and you take him at 5.
I agree with this 100%

I'd rather draft Herbert at 5 than Love at 18 tbh.

btw, I agree that he's probably going in the first round because teams reach for QB's every year

Your comparing Marino to Love?

Marino was thought to be a very good talented QB that had a off year.

Love is talented QB that with the right team could be good to very good, but he will never, ever, ever be Dan Marino.
That was a silly comparison.

Marino's mechanics, footwork, and pocket awareness were finished products the day he was drafted.

He’s a project but if we think he can be a franchise qb and prefer him over whoever is available than I’m fine with taking him at 5 because I don’t think he’ll be available at 18. There are a lot of qb needy teams. That being said, I would prefer Tua even if we have to trade up.

If Miami can let Tua sit for a year, no reason pick #18 can't

To me it just comes off like you're spending $1,000 for a tv worth $500 just because you really want a tv. To some people value isn't important. The way I see it is if another team drafted Love in 2020 would you be willing to offer them a top 5 pick for him during the 2021 offseason? He would have to have a hell of a rookie season for people to offer that. If he just has a typical rookie qb season I doubt people would even be ok with trading a late first for him. Would you offer the Dolphins 1st round pick (5th overall) to the Broncos for Drew Lock? Of course part of the equation of projecting the players future, but at this point would you say Love looks like a better prospect than Lock?

A lot depends on who's still on the board with the 2nd pick

If Miami can let Tua sit for a year, no reason pick #18 can't
I believe 9 out of 10 rookie QBs would be better served by sitting for a year, or at least a large part of a year.

Many consider Mahomes the top QB in the league. Guess what, he sat, watched and learned, without having the weight of the franchise on his back before he was ready.

I would disown this franchise if they took this bum at #5. Chris Grier should be fired on this spot if this happens. It's one thing to take a 2nd-3rd round flier on a developmental guy like this but drafting him at #5 is absolutely insane! He's simply not that good. He threw picks at an alarming rate playing against second-tier schools. He would be better going to a team like Pittsburgh or New Orleans who have QB's but could develop someone to take over for them

You mean future back up or your #2 QB in This draft?

If the latter, your thoughts on Burrow compared to Love are pretty different than most of the draft people. Care to expound on it a bit? Not criticizing, just genuinely curious since it seems to be a pretty bold opinion given the consensus.

Arm strength doesn’t hinder some of the better QBs in the league. It’s not gonna Hinder joe burrow either

he’s too mature in almost every other facet of the game to have something like arm strength be the reason he doesn’t pan out.

too smart, too intuitive. He’s gonna he a fine QB in the Nfl

If they are worried about Tua or not convinced on Herbert then trade down out of the ten, pick up another R1 or even more depending on how far we drop and draft Love then. With Fitz around he can sit and learn, which may be a good idea while they bed in a new OL [hoping other draft picks and FA are used on this position]

Do your homework Tom O. Love lost 4 o-lineman ,his star rb for which the off. wasbuilt.
He had 3 new off. coaches,safety valve t.e. also gone.Utah St. also played LSU are they 2nd tier?
When your the unquestioned leader of a team you tend to press and take chances when not surrounded
by the talent or system you have grown accustomed to. IM not saying he will be a superstar
but to say he is a bum based off of 2019 stats is a lazy mans out.Watch 2018 tape or look at his stats then
maybe you would take him over Burrow.

QBs always get overhyped come draft time. Love will probably go top 12. If he is there at 10 I would be ok trading up the 18 pick and maybe a 3rd to move up for him. I doubt he falls to 18. If he does it’s a no brainer. 5 though is rough for a guy who needs developing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom