****Jordan Love Super Thread**** | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Jordan Love Super Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched a couple of his games this past season and watched him in the Senior Bowl. He has a strong arm but in the games I saw him play he seemed to try to forced the ball to spots where his passes were easy to defense. He also did not appear to look off his primary receiver and I am not sure how effective he is in reading the field. While he is athlete and has a strong arm, these are the only comparisons I see him having with Mahomes.

I don’t see him being anymore than a mediocre starting QB in the NFL and to me he is not a first round quality QB. I see him more of a third or fourth round prospect who will take time to develop at the NFL level. Hopefully the Dolphins don’t use a first or second round pick on him if they are not able to draft Tua or Herbert in the first round. In fact if they can’t draft Burrow, Tua, or Herbert in this years draft, I would rather they wait until 2021 to draft a QB and hope that Rosen can continue to develop into a reliable starter.

Do your homework Tom O. Love lost 4 o-lineman ,his star rb for which the off. wasbuilt.
He had 3 new off. coaches,safety valve t.e. also gone.Utah St. also played LSU are they 2nd tier?
When your the unquestioned leader of a team you tend to press and take chances when not surrounded
by the talent or system you have grown accustomed to. IM not saying he will be a superstar
but to say he is a bum based off of 2019 stats is a lazy mans out.Watch 2018 tape or look at his stats then
maybe you would take him over Burrow.
There is absolutely no way I would take him over Burrow and I also would not take him over an injury prone Tua or Herbert. Maybe he will turn out to be a decent starter in the NFL but I hope the Dolphins don’t draft him if it means having to use a first round pick on him.

You mean future back up or your #2 QB in This draft?

If the latter, your thoughts on Burrow compared to Love are pretty different than most of the draft people. Care to expound on it a bit? Not criticizing, just genuinely curious since it seems to be a pretty bold opinion given the consensus.

I mean the 2nd rated quarterback on my board behind Tua.

It’s not necessarily that I’m convinced he’ll be a HOF’er, just more convinced that Joe Burrow and Justin Herbert will not be. And somebody has to be QB2.

I’m aware of how against the grain it is. He's not ready to start immediately as a rookie, but I like his long term prospects better than Burrow or Herbert. I feel like I know how those two end up. It’s more of an elimination process.

Love is the only quarterback whose situation is actually going to improve when he gets to the NFL. He’s a kid I feel like I’d love to coach.

Think I’ll ever hear about it if it don’t turn out?

I always respect your opinions on these guys Ted, but in this case I have to disagree.

I want no part of Jordan Love. That kid is a disaster waiting to happen.

I dont see the arm strength others do, he has no touch on the ball, and his decision making is abysmal.

I'm no expert, but my eyes normally dont lie. I'd only draft this kid as a long term project in the late rounds.

I can't believe Love would go that high.He looked pretty good at the Senior bowl but not sp great to shoot into the Top 5.He would have to blow away the Combine workout for a team to fall that in love with him.

Some compare him to Mahomes, but he is NOT Mahomes right now.

I like him as a prospect and would be OK with him at 18(if Tua can't be had)but he is a "redshirt" candidate who may need more than one year to be ready.

Mahomes was not Mahomes going into that draft... or he would have gone earlier.

I always respect your opinions on these guys Ted, but in this case I have to disagree.

I want no part of Jordan Love. That kid is a disaster waiting to happen.

I dont see the arm strength others do, he has no touch on the ball, and his decision making is abysmal.

I'm no expert, but my eyes normally dont lie. I'd only draft this kid as a long term project in the late rounds.

I don’t expect anybody to agree. I just see some things with Joe Burrow and Justin Herbert that don’t translate well in my opinion.

Burrow QB1....Tua QB2....Love QB3.....I would take all three at 5
I could see taking Herbert at 5 but no way I would use any first round pick on Love. Obviously we have a major difference of opinion on Love but that is why we are just expressing our views on a forum and not the ones actually making the pick on draft day.

I don’t expect anybody to agree. I just see some things with Joe Burrow and Justin Herbert that don’t translate well in my opinion.
Exactly what is you see in Burrow that does not translate? Because I see a QB who has an NFL quality arm. He sees the field extremely well and he has excellent pocket awareness and can escape from pressure to keep the play alive. His teammates love playing with him and he has great leadership qualities.
He comes from a football background in which his father was a longtime head coach and his football IQ is extremely high. He is extremely intelligent and he earned his BA degree in three years at Ohio State and his Masters in two years at LSU.
He played very well in his first year at LSU and in his second year at LSU he had the best season ever for a college QB in the history of the game.

I see a QB who can come in and be a long term franchise QB in the NFL and he is the only player in the entire draft I would have no issue with the Dolphins trading all three of their first round picks to move up for.
Obviously you see something that doesn’t translate but I’ll be damned if I can figure out what that something is.

Last edited:
I'm perplexed by Burrow a little also. I know TedSlim has doubts about him, and that does give me pause, but he does so many things that I like that should translate to the NFL. I love the way he feels pressure and is able to maneuver in the pocket and he is athletic enough to take off and hurt the defense with his legs when things break down. I also think he has great accuracy. I get the concerns about his arm strength, but it looks adequate enough to me. I read somewhere that he reminds them of Kurt Warner and I can see that. I think Burrow is more athletic than that though. I also can see the upside of a kid like Jordan Love, but he would probably be my third choice after Tua and Burrow. But if I was in charge, I would be doing everything in my power to land Tua.

Burrows definitely more athletic than Kurt Warner and I think he’s tougher too. They never called qb designed keeps with Warner and they damn sure wouldn’t have in the sec. Burrow also has a fire to him that I love.

Plays with an arrogance

Last edited:
Burrows definitely more athletic than Kurt Warner and I think he’s tougher too. He also has a fire to him that I love.

That fire kinda reminds me of jim McMahon. arrogance even

Many Draft analyst feel Burrow has the best pocket movement of any QB prospect ever ! even though I disagree with that statement, he is really good with his pocket movement.

All you guys that think you can wait for a QB just don't understand how this works. If you don't think Love is "worthy" of the 5th pick but he is "worthy" of pick 18 and wait until then, you are going to come up empty at the QB position. There are just WAY too many QB needy teams between pick #5 and pick #18. If you miss on Tua and Love is your next guy, you don't di*k around, and you take him at 5.

This is correct. If you are taking a qb at 18 as your ride or die qb you are taking him at 5 just the same.

Many Draft analyst feel Burrow has the best pocket movement of any QB prospect ever ! even though I disagree with that statement, he is really good with his pocket movement.

andrew luck had out the womb exceptional pocket feel in college. Of course he wasnt playing against sec level speed and physicality every week.

burrows pocket movement is damn impressive no doubt about that. Seems to know where to go with the ball too when he’s flushed and does a good job of keeping things still in play when moved off the preferred spot/launch point

and he sees that rush coming too. Has a feel for it

andrew luck had out the womb exceptional pocket feel in college. Of course he wasnt playing against sec level speed and physicality every week.

burrows pocket movement is damn impressive no doubt about that. Seems to know where to go with the ball too when he’s flushed and does a good job of keeping things still in play when moved off the preferred spot/launch point

Yea Luck had great pocket movement and more athleticism than Burrow also, I wanna see how he's going to make that that arm talent work in the NFL tho.

I'm not a fan of Jordan Love and I wish Herbert had more upstairs and better feel in the pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom