****Jordan Love Super Thread**** | Page 41 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Jordan Love Super Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Utah State's Jordan Love is one of the most intriguing quarterback prospects in the 2020 NFL Draft. He continues to catch the eye of multiple teams, including the New Orleans Saints.

Sean Payton was going to draft Mahomes in 2017 but Reid jumped ahead of him. If Sean Payton wants Love that tells me all I need to know. Go get him.

Utah State's Jordan Love is one of the most intriguing quarterback prospects in the 2020 NFL Draft. He continues to catch the eye of multiple teams, including the New Orleans Saints.

Sean Payton was going to draft Mahomes in 2017 but Reid jumped ahead of him. If Sean Payton wants Love that tells me all I need to know. Go get him.
Isn't Sean in love with Hill? That's why he didn't hesitate to let TB walk.

Isn't Sean in love with Hill? That's why he didn't hesitate to let TB walk.

As a gadget player. Hill isn't good enough to take over after Brees leaves.

TB is meh. A nice stopgap.

As a gadget player. Hill isn't good enough to take over after Brees leaves.
That goes against everything I've heard out of the saints organization. I guess we'll see. I at least hope hill gets a fair chance. I think he'll surprise some.

A lot of signs point to this thinking, got him in for a meeting before the whole lockdown scouting him as a sophomore there’s a lot of traction to that.
If he really is the target, which I suspect he is, I'm not sure they'll be brave enough to take him at #5. If you believe all the talk about Miami trading up from #18, it could be for Love. My hunch is they really love someone who plays another position and are seriously thinking about taking a position player at #5. Miami has an aweful lot of draft capital to entice a team to trade. I think they'll be successful in their attempt to move up from either #18 and/or #26.

Told several people I would put up my analysis of Love and well here it is...I am open to your thoughts/criticism this is after-all a message board.

Jordan Love:

Physically fits the mold of today’s NFL. Elite level arm who can maintain touch and velocity from different arm angles (awesome trait). Arm can make any throw; touch shown and throwing on the run are very good already. Mobile but not great pocket awareness, seems like poise but feels like lack of feel for the pressure around him, regardless he will stand in there and deliver in the face of pressure.

Though would say his internal clock is meh at best right now. Lots of balls just thrown up, but did lose all confidence in his receiving core and had a miserable coaching staff this year who didn’t seem to work with him. Decision making is rough on and off field (see pot bust leading up to draft), part of it (on field) is always looking for the big play part of it is getting frustrated and throwing it into tight spaces when constantly pressured throughout a game. Will put himself in pressure situations by climbing or moving the pocket when there is no need to, and while his base resets and has a good foundation does get oddly flatfooted at times though he does have the arm to make up for it.

He seems to really only read half of the field but at least will go high low and make multiple reads, his footwork falls apart when he swings to the other side of the field unless he is pressured to go that direction where his ability to throw on the run is highlighted. Not great at reading defenders pre or post snap but does attack windows on all three levels. Gets locked on at times and is rudimentary with his eye and shoulder manipulation. Underneath is a weak point as he does seem to disregard defenders with post snap movement but does for some reason seem to read hot routes and let it rip with ease.

Overall he is super intriguing and might have the highest ceiling, never worked with great talent and was good when he had a good coach. Could see him as Plan B as he is the mold of today’s NFL QB, and some of his issues are simple and can be worked out with effort, biggest red flag is overall decision making. Will you want to give him millions and put him in Miami when he can barely keep it together in Logan Utah? Needs less “perfection” to operate due to ability to extend plays and not needing a total reset to sling the ball on the move so definitely will be grabbed by someone who can let him sit learn to be a pro and unleash him hopefully to the full extent of his massive ability.

I see the Packers or Saints as the best fit, 2/3 years to sit and learn from a smart coach and very smart QB. Miami might be a decent spot since they seem to be committing to whomever they take but building it to their strengths. Time will tell but as I have said I dislike the phrase “so much talent….just need someone to coach it out of him” but there is a lot of WOW in his game both good and bad.

Last edited:
Told several people I would put up my analysis of Love and well here it is...I am open to your thoughts/criticism this is after-all a message board.

Jordan Love:

Physically fits the mold of today’s NFL. Elite level arm who can maintain touch and velocity from different arm angles (awesome trait). Arm can make any throw; touch shown and throwing on the run are very good already. Mobile but not great pocket awareness, seems like poise but feels like lack of feel for the pressure around him, regardless he will stand in there and deliver in the face of pressure. Though would say his internal clock is meh at best right now. Lots of balls just thrown up, but did lose all confidence in his receiving core and had a miserable coaching staff this year who didn’t seem to work with him. Decision making is rough on and off field (see pot bust leading up to draft), part of it (on field) is always looking for the big play part of it is getting frustrated and throwing it into tight spaces when constantly pressured throughout a game. Will put himself in pressure situations by climbing or moving the pocket when there is no need to, and while his base resets and has a good foundation does get oddly flatfooted at times though he does have the arm to make up for it. He seems to really only read half of the field but at least will go high low and make multiple reads, his footwork falls apart when he swings to the other side of the field unless he is pressured to go that direction where his ability to throw on the run is highlighted. Not great at reading defenders pre or post snap but does attack windows on all three levels. Gets locked on at times and is rudimentary with his eye and shoulder manipulation. Underneath is a weak point as he does seem to disregard defenders with post snap movement but does for some reason seem to read hot routes and let it rip with ease. Overall he is super intriguing and might have the highest ceiling, never worked with great talent and was good when he had a good coach. Could see him as Plan B as he is the mold of today’s NFL QB, and some of his issues are simple and can be worked out with effort, biggest red flag is overall decision making. Will you want to give him millions and put him in Miami when he can barely keep it together in Logan Utah? Needs less “perfection” to operate due to ability to extend plays and not needing a total reset to sling the ball on the move so definitely will be grabbed by someone who can let him sit learn to be a pro and unleash him hopefully to the full extent of his massive ability. I see the Packers or Saints as the best fit, 2/3 years to sit and learn from a smart coach and very smart QB. Miami might be a decent spot since they seem to be committing to whomever they take but building it to their strengths. Time will tell but as I have said I dislike the phrase “so much talent….just need someone to coach it out of him” but there is a lot of WOW in his game both good and bad.

When people say "development" normally I think it's a bunch of BS. Love needs to be on the field to get better. His biggest issue is he has perfect mechanics when he drives the ball correctly but is constantly throwing off-platform FOR NO GOOD REASON! This is why he is a candidate for the Green Bay coaching tree guys like Gruden. They understand that you draft guys that can do things only they can do and break them of bad habits.

You don't let this kid freelance. You keep the offense SIMPLE SIMPLE and get this guy to make plays as if he is an extension of the OC.

Jordan Love:

Physically fits the mold of today’s NFL. Elite level arm who can maintain touch and velocity from different arm angles (awesome trait). Arm can make any throw; touch shown and throwing on the run are very good already. Mobile but not great pocket awareness, seems like poise but feels like lack of feel for the pressure around him, regardless he will stand in there and deliver in the face of pressure. Though would say his internal clock is meh at best right now. Lots of balls just thrown up, but did lose all confidence in his receiving core and had a miserable coaching staff this year who didn’t seem to work with him. Decision making is rough on and off field (see pot bust leading up to draft), part of it (on field) is always looking for the big play part of it is getting frustrated and throwing it into tight spaces when constantly pressured throughout a game. Will put himself in pressure situations by climbing or moving the pocket when there is no need to, and while his base resets and has a good foundation does get oddly flatfooted at times though he does have the arm to make up for it. He seems to really only read half of the field but at least will go high low and make multiple reads, his footwork falls apart when he swings to the other side of the field unless he is pressured to go that direction where his ability to throw on the run is highlighted. Not great at reading defenders pre or post snap but does attack windows on all three levels. Gets locked on at times and is rudimentary with his eye and shoulder manipulation. Underneath is a weak point as he does seem to disregard defenders with post snap movement but does for some reason seem to read hot routes and let it rip with ease. Overall he is super intriguing and might have the highest ceiling, never worked with great talent and was good when he had a good coach. Could see him as Plan B as he is the mold of today’s NFL QB, and some of his issues are simple and can be worked out with effort, biggest red flag is overall decision making. Will you want to give him millions and put him in Miami when he can barely keep it together in Logan Utah? Needs less “perfection” to operate due to ability to extend plays and not needing a total reset to sling the ball on the move so definitely will be grabbed by someone who can let him sit learn to be a pro and unleash him hopefully to the full extent of his massive ability. I see the Packers or Saints as the best fit, 2/3 years to sit and learn from a smart coach and very smart QB. Miami might be a decent spot since they seem to be committing to whomever they take but building it to their strengths. Time will tell but as I have said I dislike the phrase “so much talent….just need someone to coach it out of him” but there is a lot of WOW in his game both good and bad.

My take... It's really hard to read a concrete WALL of letters...

White space helps. And these critters called paragraphs!

But thanks for posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom