****Jordan Love Super Thread**** | Page 31 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Jordan Love Super Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im starting to think so.

I think Flores/Grier are planning to add more picks, much more so than they are planning to have less picks.
You think they want more than 14 picks this year? I don't think so. I can't even see them making 10 total picks. 14 is crazy ad it is.

Plan B after TUA in a trade down. He makes NFL throws and has all of the required athleticism. HE needs to work on his decision making just like Hebert except love actually can make accurate down the field throws and different angles just like Mahomes can. Love can extend plays better too. Plan A is TUA. Plan C is Jalen Hurts in second or third round.
Hebert is polarizing just like Tannehill was and won't make it in Miami after Tannehill failure.

Hey board blake and i seem to disagree and i honestly would like other opinions. Does anyone else think teams bring in althlete they have no intention of signing? I fully believe they do. Thoughts?

*crickets*

Just use your brain, NFL is a billion dollar industry with hundreds of millionaire coaches, players, owners etc. Are they really going to waste their own limited time and limited resources for the sole purpose just to confuse other teams?? See how dumb that sounds? What's more important evaluating a player or confusing other teams? Which by the way, it's no secret we need a freakin QB. I'm seriously, let's end it with the smoke screen crap. It's due diligence.

I guess according to some people we don't bring players in to evaluate them further but ONLY to confuse other teams. Makes sense why we have sucked at drafting. What's the point in confusing other teams if we have no idea who we want because we have spent all efforts sending "Smoking screens" Instead of actually evaluating players.

Last edited:
You think they want more than 14 picks this year? I don't think so. I can't even see them making 10 total picks. 14 is crazy ad it is.

No. I don’t count all those late round picks. I’m talking about relevant picks. 2nd and 3rd rounders.
The 5th, 6th and 7ths will be flipped for better value picks, obviously.

*crickets*

Just use your brain, NFL is a billion dollar industry with hundreds of millionaire coaches, players, owners etc. Are they really going to waste their own limited time and limited resources for the sole purpose just to confuse other teams?? See how dumb that sounds? What's more important evaluating a player or confusing other teams? I'm seriously, let's end it with the smoke screen crap. It's due diligence.
Lol believe what you want.

Love>Herbert? That's the question. If so, you take him at 5 if Burrow and Tua are gone.
If you really show interest in Love, you possibly reduce the Perceived leverage that teams at 2-4 have in terms of trade-up demand. You cast a message to these teams of "you want Tua? Take him then".

Love>Herbert? That's the question. If so, you take him at 5 if Burrow and Tua are gone.
If you really show interest in Love, you possibly reduce the Perceived leverage that teams at 2-4 have in terms of trade-up demand. You cast a message to these teams of "you want Tua? Take him then".

There will be a number of factors:

Sure you might prefer Tua over Herbert and Love, but would you trade Herbert and two first round picks for Tua?

What are the other qb needy teams going to do in free agency? If the Chargers seem to be out of the hunt is there another team that you're really worried about coming up with the package need to move up? If it's going to take Miami the 5th overall pick and two additional picks to move up 2 or 3 spots I can't aimagine what it would take to move up 10 or 15 spots.

It makes me laugh that some don't believe teams will interview with no real intentions.
Just like FAs use one team to drive up thier contract negoiation with another. When they never intend on signing...in...miami....
Just like the Rooney rule.
You guys really don't think this goes both ways???
There is misdirection or the term smokescreen wouldnt exist but it would be hard to prove how far this extends

On the flip side players and agents use this tactic all the freakin time in the major sports leagues to drive their price up - so why is it outlandish that teams wouldn’t do it to each other???

Gms and Agents share these skills in common and some have done both jobs in their careers

This kid couldn't be more opposite than Tua...and we've been reportedly in love with Tua for how long? 2 years? I'm not buying it one bit.

The accuracy/vision/decision-making concerns? Really? Are we gonna bet this entire rebuild on that? Give me a break guys...because of "physical tools?" Because the league is obsessive over these type of QB's right now?

Total smokescreen.

No doubt that he will probably be drafted in the 1st round...but I just can't see our team (which sacrificed everything for this rebuild) putting our faith on a "project QB"...absolutely no way. Not in the 1st round. That is why I also can't see us drafting Herbert. If we didn't gut our entire roster for this draft that would be one thing. If we didn't already have a project (Rosen) that would be one thing.

If we take a 1st round QB...he must come with the expectation of greatness. This kid is not that. He is a lottery ticket. Say what you will about Tua's injury...or about Burrow being a 1 year wonder...or about ANY QB in the draft being a "lottery" ticket. Those points would all be valid...but at least these 2 QB's come with the expectation of greatness.

Last edited:
And to those who doubt that teams use smokescreens...is this your first NFL Draft?

Have you ever played poker? How about chess? Did you ever try to make a girl jealous by flirting with her friends? Have you ever negotiated a business deal and wanted to create some type of leverage?

Manipulation...its one of the many tools humans have been using for thousands of years to achieve an aim. I think its safe to say that these dozens of very intelligent and competitive men (in one of the most highly coveted arenas in professional sports) are engaging in this behavior on the daily.

In this game of chance, there is a lot of what they cannot control. But what they CAN control is other teams perception about what THEY are going to do.

Its a good thing we don't have these guys that deny the reality of smokescreens running our team...that's all I can say.

Last edited:
And to those who doubt that teams use smokescreens...is this your first NFL Draft?

Have you ever played poker? How about chess? Did you ever try to make a girl jealous by flirting with her friends? Have you ever negotiated a business deal and wanted to create some type of leverage?

Manipulation...its one of the many tools humans have been using for thousands of years to achieve an aim. I think its safe to say that these dozens of very intelligent and competitive men (in one of the most highly coveted arenas in professional sports) are engaging in this behavior on the daily.

In this game of chance, there is a lot of what they cannot control. But what they CAN control is other teams perception about what THEY are going to do.

Its a good thing we don't have these guys that deny the reality of smokescreens running our team...that's all I can say.

Tua...is that youa?

There is misdirection or the term smokescreen wouldnt exist but it would be hard to prove how far this extends

On the flip side players and agents use this tactic all the freakin time in the major sports leagues to drive their price up - so why is it outlandish that teams wouldn’t do it to each other???

Gms and Agents share these skills in common and some have done both jobs in their careers
Would you at least agree that teams do it with coaches to fulfill the Rooney rule?

So you think smokescreens are more important than actually taking the time to evaluate every prospect? Got it. Glad you aren't running this team.

I love that so many people on here believe in something that has never been mentioned or talked about by an actual coach or GM. Throw out some successful smokescreen examples please. A link of some kind or proof that most teams spend most their time just trying to confuse other teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom