Jordan Phillips | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jordan Phillips

jreg1

Starter
Reaction score
First of all happy 4th to everyone! I was just wondering if anyone can tell me any news on Jordan Phillips. I was wondering how he has looked in ota's and how he will fit in the d tackle rotation. Thanks!!

This is the most recent article that I found on Phillips. Don't know if it's been posted, but some solid info. Nothing terribly new or exciting. Maybe the most interesting bit was this on Suh and Mosley. I repeatedly have argued that Fairley was a terrible draft pick, an overrated player, and a poor match with Suh.

The team also signed 9 year vet C.J. Mosley who was Ndamukong Suh’s team-mate for the past 2 seasons. This was a great addition in my opinion, as Suh pressured the quarterback on 20% more plays when C.J. was present rather than on the sidelines.

http://www.truschoolsports.com/2015...-the-dolphins-2nd-round-pick-jordan-phillips/

“Great fit” might be an understatement, as he will be in a DT group consisting of capable veterans such as one of the biggest free agent signing of the 2015 offseason, Ndamukong Suh and 2nd year Dolphin, 5th year vet, Earl Mitchell. The team also signed 9 year vet C.J. Mosley who was Ndamukong Suh’s team-mate for the past 2 seasons. This was a great addition in my opinion, as Suh pressured the quarterback on 20% more plays when C.J. was present rather than on the sidelines. So Phillips has tons of time to learn from his talented teammates. Also, as the second round pick he can feel safe from being cut.

That was a great part of the article, I posted something similar when we first signed Mosley about the performance of the two when on the field at the same time.

Mosely will probably take 2-3 years to develop-making a few plays along the way. With the guys we have now, that is fine.

I hope he develops into a beast to be able to play along side Suh and ultimately be out #1 dt.

I have to wonder how many people posting about Phillips have watched tape on him. This week, I watched all of his plays in Oklahoma's blowout loss to Clemson. It was the first time I have watched him. He surprised me. After reading the experts knock him for taking plays off, I expected to see a big lazy guy who flashed every once in awhile. Instead, I saw a guy whose motor never stopped. He might have been the most athletic guy at his size that I've ever seen. He runs like a much smaller player. On one play, he was 40 yards downfield, coming across the field, trying to catch the running back from behind. Not many DTs have the speed to do that. He blew up a few plays by himself, and indirectly blew up several others. He almost always was pushing his guy backwards and was disruptive. I'm excited. He could push Mitchell for a starting spot as the season moves along.

I hope he is good enough to replace Mitchell quickly. People attacked the line for being bad last year, but Mitchell seems to get a pass. Not sure why...he was moved laterally out of holes pretty easily.

I have to wonder how many people posting about Phillips have watched tape on him. This week, I watched all of his plays in Oklahoma's blowout loss to Clemson. It was the first time I have watched him. He surprised me. After reading the experts knock him for taking plays off, I expected to see a big lazy guy who flashed every once in awhile. Instead, I saw a guy whose motor never stopped. He might have been the most athletic guy at his size that I've ever seen. He runs like a much smaller player. On one play, he was 40 yards downfield, coming across the field, trying to catch the running back from behind. Not many DTs have the speed to do that. He blew up a few plays by himself, and indirectly blew up several others. He almost always was pushing his guy backwards and was disruptive. I'm excited. He could push Mitchell for a starting spot as the season moves along.

that game was his best tape from all that I saw

that game was his best tape from all that I saw

I didn't watch the Clemson tape, but have watch his game tape of several other games, and I really don't see a 2nd rd player. Career backup at best imo.

I hope he is good enough to replace Mitchell quickly. People attacked the line for being bad last year, but Mitchell seems to get a pass. Not sure why...he was moved laterally out of holes pretty easily.

I actually thought Mitchell was undervalued by fans. I thought he was our best DT and people didn't give him any notice.

Back
Top Bottom