Jose Fernandez dies in boating accident | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jose Fernandez dies in boating accident

Game Day

Active Roster
Reaction score
So sad. R.I.P.

Miami Marlins ace Jose Fernandez was killed in a boating accident in Florida early Sunday morning.
Fernandez was 24 years old.
The Marlins announced that Sunday's game against the Atlanta Braves was canceled.
"The Miami Marlins organization is devastated by the tragic loss of José Fernández. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family at this very difficult time," the team said in a statement.
According to multiple reports, police received a call of a possible boating accident at 3 am ET. Authorities found a 30-foot boat overturned that had crashed into the rocks off Miami Beach. Three people were found dead and authorities were looking for survivors.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/17632541/miami-marlins-ace-jose-fernandez-dies-boating-accident

Don't even know what to say about this one. Can't process it. I'm in shock. May have been the most talented pitcher in the league. I lost touch with my Marlins after all the bullcrap but to see a young star go from my former favorite team is just insane.

Not a Marlins fan but my Dad told me about this via text and I had no clue what happened until I came online. Awful news. Life isn't fair.

According to the Coast Guard the boat crashed into the jetty at Government Cut going about 40 MPH. It was dark and the operator of the boat probably thought they were safely within the channel rather than heading straight for the jetty. Two of the men ended up mangled on the rocks while the other was slung into the channel.

I feel so low. I had stopped paying attention to the Marlins for the year after their August-early September collapse. I had no doubts Jose was moving on soon from Miami, off to greener pastures for the life and success that he deserved, considering what he went through to achieve his dream.

The heart of the Marlins has been ripped out. You can't replace it - and I don't think you ever will.

Keep on smiling, Jose.

CtOBFV8XYAAg8AT.jpg

Marlins' Jose Fernandez Had Cocaine, Alcohol in System During Boat Crash

:titanic:

Miami Marlins pitcher Jose Fernandez had cocaine in his system and a blood alcohol content level nearly double the legal limit .at the time of his September 25th death in a boating accident.

The Miami-Dade County medical examiner's office released Fernandez's autopsy results Saturday, with a toxicology report revealing that the all-star pitcher's BAC level was .147, the Miami Herald reports. Florida's legal limit, and the limit to legally operate a boat, is .08.

The BAC level for Jesus Macias and Eduardo Rivero, the other two men in the boat at the time of the accident, measured .044 and .065, respectively. Investigators are still trying to determine who was driving the boat at the time of the fatal crash that killed all three people aboard, USA Today writes.

http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/...ocaine-alcohol-in-system-during-crash-w447439

Back
Top Bottom