Josh Allen had 21 dropped INTs in 2020 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Josh Allen had 21 dropped INTs in 2020

down what stretch? They blew everyone out for two months putting up monster scores then he won the Colts playoff game with no help from running game or defense. Then he played a clean game to beat the Ravens.

if down the stretch means THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME where no back got 20 yards and the defense couldnt stop anything...yeah he really sucks.
You forgot Frank Reich’s losing his Brain in the game calling moment - it may have had a factor

I’m one that still doesn’t buy into Josh Allen suddenly being this great QB.

He improved, no doubt, but I still believe accuracy is and will be an issue for him.

If he manages to repeat 2020 in 2021 or even exceed, I’ll alter my view.

But the 21 near INT’s helps to confirm my belief that a lot of 2020 was good fortune. And teams not being able to adjust to improved play and surrounding talent.

We’ll see how defenses adjust and how he adjusts to them. I still don’t buy that the accuracy is miraculously a thing of the past. We shall see.

I’m still more included to believe in what I’ve seen for a few years versus just over one season. I need to see it again in 2021.

Ryan Tannehill showed improvement with a dominant rush attack and better weapons, but still reverts to the QB he’s always been when it’s time to put the team on his back. I see Allen similarly. When he has to sling it every down to bring his team back, the accuracy issue and decision making shines through.

He improved, no doubt, but I still believe accuracy is and will be an issue for him.

But the 21 near INT’s helps to confirm my belief that a lot of 2020 was good fortune. And teams not being able to adjust to improved play and surrounding talent.

We’ll see how defenses adjust and how he adjusts to them. I still don’t buy that the accuracy is miraculously a thing of the past. We shall see.

I’m still more included to believe in what I’ve seen for a few years versus just over one season. I need to see it again in 2021.

Ryan Tannehill showed improvement with a dominant rush attack and better weapons, but still reverts to the QB he’s always been when it’s time to put the team on his back. I see Allen similarly. When he has to sling it every down to bring his team back, the accuracy issue and decision making shines through.
And his personal dropsies are going to hurt them eventually

Mahomes had 16 passes dropped by the defense which could have been intercepted in 2020. He is thought by many football people to be the best QB in the league. So I tend to view passes that could have been intercepted but were not intercepted as an irrelevant stat.

Didn't mahomes have like 19? In some respects it's a stat that could be viewed as a good relative risk as long as other statistical metrics are top 10. It shows your qb is willing to take chances which is half the battle of quality qb play. The absolute worst trait a qb can have is being tentative and not taking risk....

Didn't mahomes have like 19? In some respects it's a stat that could be viewed as a good relative risk as long as other statistical metrics are top 10. It shows your qb is willing to take chances which is half the battle of quality qb play. The absolute worst trait a qb can have is being tentative and not taking risk....
Right Mahomes had 19 and Tua had like 11. Every QB had drops the best one on the list had 6 and I believe it was Tannehill.

with that said Josh Allen has had 62 interceptions and fumbles (not lost fumbles most were recovered) in 3 seasons. Ouch the guy is turnover prone and I believe got very lucky last season

I was curious how Josh Allen fared in fumbles and interceptions compared to other QBs. I understand not every fumble is lost but that should be considered a turnover worthy play right?

last 3 seasons:

Josh Allen: 62
Russell Wilson: 50
Lamar Jackson: 49
Tom Brady: 43
Patrick Mahommes: 41
Aaron Rodgers: 25

Right Mahomes had 19 and Tua had like 11. Every QB had drops the best one on the list had 6 and I believe it was Tannehill.

with that said Josh Allen has had 62 interceptions and fumbles (not lost fumbles most were recovered) in 3 seasons. Ouch the guy is turnover prone and I believe got very lucky last season
Has Allens int % and fumble % gone down each season?

Regardless I'm willing to live with a bigger version of Favre, who has been my comp for Allen since Wyoming. He'll always have tht " sugar high Josh Allen " in him

I was curious how Josh Allen fared in fumbles and interceptions compared to other QBs. I understand not every fumble is lost but that should be considered a turnover worthy play right?

last 3 seasons:

Josh Allen: 62
Russell Wilson: 50
Lamar Jackson: 49
Tom Brady: 43
Patrick Mahommes: 41
Aaron Rodgers: 25
I agree, Allen's fumbles are an issue.

F

For the 10 MILLIONTH TIME, comp % has nothing to do with accuracy. Allen never had accuracy issues. He struggled with inexperience, and decision making. Simms and others have debunked this ad nauseam, but for some reason ppl like you and ESPN keep repeating it like a drunk parrot. Its honestly bizzare

For the 10 MILLIONTH TIME, comp % has nothing to do with accuracy. Allen never had accuracy issues. He struggled with inexperience, and decision making. Simms and others have debunked this ad nauseam, but for some reason ppl like you and ESPN keep repeating it like a drunk parrot. Its honestly bizzare
Simms is a terrible QB evaluator I wouldn’t go with him. And yes he did have accuracy issues but he worked on his foot work will it stick? Usually doesn’t when the times get tough

Simms is a terrible QB evaluator I wouldn’t go with him. And yes he did have accuracy issues but he worked on his foot work will it stick? Usually doesn’t when the times get tough
Literally the pff metrics say the opposite. In 19 , he was 7th in accuracy on throws 20 yards and under... thats usually around 95-96% of throws. Again the inNaCUrATe narrative was made up

It's a tunnel vision view on comp %

Back
Top Bottom